• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, DDisconnect said:

There are mixed opinions here. Some think you can "pray the gay away" while others think it is unchangeable.

With God all things are possible.   God said.."is there anything too difficult for me"?

God is Love, and the power of that Love IS the power of change for us all.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/06/2008

Thank y'all for answering me, I really appreciate the clarifications and advices I'm very thankful for everyone for taking their time to answer me! 

Edited by Josh Caragay
Revised
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Does not scripture tell us that few will be saved and that they that do the will of God abide forever? And are there not a multitude of warnings and lessons teaching that we must obey God living Holy and righteously in this present time? And does Jesus not tell us Himself that He will tell those that commit iniquity to depart from Him? And does Gos not tell us that unprofitable servants, lukewarm and hypocrites will be cast into outer darkness?

Edited by BlessedCreator
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

8 hours ago, BlessedCreator said:

Does not scripture tell us that few will be saved and that they that do the will of God abide forever?

If you expect to be lonely in Heaven you're in for a surprise. Think about it. Yeah, I know. Many are called but few are chosen. Sure. Most people aren't going to make it. It says what it means. But there's going to be a huge turnout for the Marriage Supper Of The Lamb. Maybe you and I will have a seating arrangement together.

But, here's a little something I'd like to do as a special favor. You seem pretty decent young man. I'll be sure to put in a good word for you when I get there. The doctors claim I have Parkinson's Disease. Yeah, it's terminal. That means more than likely I'll be leaving this planet a long time before you will. Take care. God bless you. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Josh Caragay said:

Thank y'all for answering I actually used to be straight I had a special crush on a girl named Cheska but I guess my father leaving me causing me to have no father figure and me being enrolled in a strict Christian ALL BOYS school probably clicked something in my brain, I do have some slight attraction to some women but when I try to see them sexually appealing the best way I can describe how I feel is that it feels "illegal" or I just simply cant imagine having a relationship with a female, either way I hope I can become straight again somehow in the future ♥️

You are not that much different from anybody else....ignore people that condemn you Just because your sins are different from theirs ( albeit, “ your” sins are an “ abomination before God”, and not ALL sins are seen that way by God....Jay Walking is a sin , but not quite an “ abomination”) The consequences for your sin may be more severe than it is for others....

Anyway, here’s the scoop, and this is true for us all, according to Zola Levitt, a great Teacher of the Word......ready?

You are Dirty.You don’t make it to Heaven if you are Dirty.Come to Jesus for your Cleansing.Ask  him to cleanse you and Save you.He will.He, and ONLY He can make you “Fit For Heaven”       ( paraphrased)

“Anybody  that asks to be Saved will be Saved”....... it’s all about seeing that you are a Hell-Bound Sinner That needs a Saviour.......May God open your heart to these Truths.....You will  be in my Prayers.......

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

The answers Josh in this thread have been excellent.  Sometimes Christians become too accusatory in how they communicate what the Bible says about homosexuality and in this thread, the responses have been logical and more importantly, Bible based.

I don't know your age Josh, but sexual attraction, although an important part of the marriage between man and woman, is not as important as this sex crazed world portrays it to be.  As couples age, the bond and connection between couples changes and matures into one of deep friendship, comradery, shared goals, shared aspirations and memories of a shared life; sex, in the cases of many marriages, becomes less and less a component of a marriage (at least in many cases).  Additionally, "love" in a marriage can ebb and flow throughout the years and stressors, illness, pregnancies and hormonal changes can reduce sexual contact substantially; still, the marriage is intact and can be even stronger than when the sexual activity was highly active.    

As mentioned by an earlier responder, "love" for millenia was rarely an important component in marriages, as marriage was viewed as more pragmatic.  For example, if a farmer needed farm hands, he would need to have a lot of children and a wife would suit that purpose. A woman might marry to have a protector or a strong arm to accomplish things around the farm or house that she could not accomplish, and a husband would suit that need. A quick study of history reveals that our modern-day notion of "love" being a primary component of marriage did not develop until the late 1700s and early 1800s.  For arranged marriages, which has been the case for the vast majority of the history of man, sexual attraction was far down on the list of priorities for marriage.  Now, so many are misled that there must a super strong sexual desire to make marriage work and that if that "lust" wanes then that is reason for a wandering eye or worse.  

You may very well find a strong Christian woman who would be willing to pursue a loving relationship with you that could turn into a permanent relationship (i.e. marriage) and she might be totally content with the fact that the sexual component of the marriage might not be as passionate as it would otherwise be with a man who "naturally" finds women attractive.  

I know so many strong Christians who struggle with ongoing temptations to abuse alcohol or drugs or tobacco or who are in marriages with fine Christian women, whose libido are much less active than that of their husbands, and yet they all have to show self-control in all their dealings with themselves, with others and with their spouses.

"Always have plenty to do in the work of the Lord" Josh!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  1

Let us remember the many types of loving and fulfilling relationships which are not romantic or sexual.

Love and relationship is many things, covering many types. People can be lonely in a marriage, and complete and fulfilled on their own.

If God is in the centre of our lives, we will be loved and fulfilled. Earthly relationships are good, but the Love of God is better.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "What does the Bible say about homosexuality?"

Answer: 
In some people’s minds, being homosexual is as much outside one’s control as the color of your skin and your height. On the other hand, the Bible clearly and consistently declares that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1–13; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:26–27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). This disconnect leads to much controversy, debate, and even hostility.
When examining what the Bible says about homosexuality, it is important to distinguish between homosexual behavior and homosexual inclinations or attractions. It is the difference between active sin and the passive condition of being tempted. Homosexual behavior is sinful, but the Bible never says it is a sin to be tempted. Simply stated, a struggle with temptation may lead to sin, but the struggle itself is not a sin.

Romans 1:26–27 teaches that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God. One of the fruits of rebellion against God is homosexuality. First Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that those who practice homosexuality, and therefore transgress God’s created order, are not saved.

A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as some people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person’s choosing to sin by giving in to sinful desires. Just because a person is born with a greater susceptibility to fits of rage, that doesn’t make it right for him to give in to those desires and explode at every provocation. The same is true with a susceptibility to homosexuality.

No matter our proclivities or attractions, we cannot continue to define ourselves by the very sins that crucified Jesus—and at the same time assume we are right with God. Paul lists many of the sins that the Corinthians once practiced (homosexuality is on the list). But in 1 Corinthians 6:11, he reminds them, “That is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God” (emphasis added). In other words, some of the Corinthians, before they were saved, lived homosexual lifestyles; but no sin is too great for the cleansing power of Jesus. Once cleansed, we are no longer defined by sin.

The problem with homosexual attraction is that it is an attraction to something God has forbidden, and any desire for something sinful ultimately has its roots in sin. The pervasive nature of sin causes us to see the world and our own actions through a warped perspective. Our thoughts, desires, and dispositions are all affected. So, homosexual attraction does not always result in active, willful sin—there may not be a conscious choice to sin—but it springs from the sinful nature. Same-sex attraction is always, on some basic level, an expression of the fallen nature.

As sinful human beings living in a sinful world (Romans 3:23), we are beset with weaknesses, temptations, and inducements to sin. Our world is filled with lures and entrapments, including the enticement to practice homosexuality.

The temptation to engage in homosexual behavior is very real to many. Those who struggle with homosexual attraction often report suffering through years of wishing things were different. People may not always be able to control how or what they feel, but they can control what they do with those feelings (1 Peter 1:5–8). We all have the responsibility to resist temptation (Ephesians 6:13). We must all be transformed by the renewing of our minds (Romans 12:2). We must all “walk by the Spirit” so as not to “gratify the desires of the flesh” (Galatians 5:16).

Finally, the Bible does not describe homosexuality as a “greater” sin than any other. All sin is offensive to God. Without Christ, we are lost, whatever type of sin has entangled us. According to the Bible, God’s forgiveness is available to the homosexual just as it is to the adulterer, idol worshipper, murderer, and thief. God promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Philippians 4:13).

https://www.gotquestions.org/homosexuality-Bible.html

Edited by missmuffet

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

first of all God loves you Josh,  i'm so darn tired of people saying to those that have alterntive lifestyles that he hates them,  God does not hate you, 

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

Unfortunately, Yes homosexuality is a sin. You already know the verses and have quoted them in your text. I am sure God has a good reason to saying it is wrong. Personally i believe it is wrong because as they say God did not create Adam and Steve. Men have qualities that women don't and women have qualities that men do not. There should always be balance in everything. If two men get together there would not have a women's perspective. Men need women, and women need men, it installed in our system to need both.