• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/06/2008

Hello I would like to ask a question regarding Homosexuality being a sin.

Is Homosexuality a sin?

I'm not denying anything The Bible says

But there are verses that contradict each other, and I think some of the verses were mistranslted? not sure as my sources aren't really that great

Edited by Josh Caragay
Missing words, Typos, Revision

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

3 hours ago, Josh Caragay said:

Hello I would like to ask a question regarding Homosexuality being a sin,

Is Homosexuality really a sin?

I researched alot about how it is and isnt, so the info I got was there's this verse that says "Man shall not lie with man for it is an abomination" but was confirmed to be mistranslated and was originally "Man shall not lie with young boys" Pedophilia not homosexuality??? but then there's 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 explaining how Men cannot have sex with men, and another thing I found is that the word homosexuality wasn't invented during the writing of these passages and stuff but that doesn't mean they had their own version of homosexuality I may be wrong but it's just alot to absorb into my mind, keep in mind I am a homosexual which I know is quite controversial in the Christian Religion but if Homosexuality is a sin does that mean I have to live my life without a partner? Or marry a woman whom I do not truly love nor am I attracted to her. 

please answer with honesty ❤️ I just want to know or accept the truth 

Blessings Josh

Its great to see you,I was just thinking about you yesterday  & here you are-Praise Jesus

Wow,Omega really said it all much better than I could ,I'll just add a little something

Brother,I know how you "feel" & what you "feel" is what you "feel" but our "feelings" are one of the things we can trust the very least.....,these are presently the desires of your heart simply because it is being lead by the flesh.....I know it is hard to imagine that you could feel any other way but it is true,you can. You see we are so used to letting our flesh lead us around by the nose because we were "dead" in spirit(because of sin) ....when we are Born Again Jesus Abides in us and so we are Indwelled with Holy Spirit,we are ALIVE in Christ......a transformation took place & by renewing our minds we begin to walk in Spirit & in Truth......

I'm not telling you that YOU can do any of these things by your own effort but what I am telling you that if you feed your spirit and seek God with all your heart ,soul & mind that your Relationship with God in Christ GROWS deeper & deeper......when He Becomes your priority you will hunger & thirst for His Word,you begin to Understand(by the Power of Holy Spirit) that what you KNOW is far more important & much more reliable & trustworthy than what you "feel',that is Eternal Mindedness-the things of the flesh become less & less important ,less appealing & attractive because you start to SEE with the eyes of Understanding

I dont mean to make it sound so deep because it really isn't...see the little list Omega made for you to ask yourself,well thats what it boils down to & God CAN & WILL  change the desires of your heart if you let Him

So the answer to your question about having to never have a partner is up to you,it will take a whole lot of effort to walk in the flesh,lust after the flesh & TRY to resist the flesh (never can succeed) so yes,you would have to not have a partner.....if you submit to Christ,Trust Him with your life......well,,here is what HE Says:

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.    Matthew 6:33-34

I do know Born Again Believers who were living as homosexuals all their lives and with the Heart & Mind of Christ they no longer desired the same sex,they are happily married to members of the opposite sex today......no effort once their Relationship with God became their priority!!!All the Glory belongs to God!!!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

3 hours ago, Josh Caragay said:

I researched alot about how it is and isnt, so the info I got was there's this verse that says "Man shall not lie with man for it is an abomination" but was confirmed to be mistranslated and was originally "Man shall not lie with young boys" Pedophilia not homosexuality??? but then there's 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 explaining how Men cannot have sex with men, and another thing I found is that the word homosexuality wasn't invented during the writing of these passages and stuff but that doesn't mean they had their own version of homosexuality I may be wrong but it's just alot to absorb into my mind, keep in mind I am a homosexual which I know is quite controversial in the Christian Religion but if Homosexuality is a sin does that mean I have to live my life without a partner? Or marry a woman whom I do not truly love nor am I attracted to her. 

So you already have posted one of the key scriptures that detail that homosexuality is a sin.

Therefore, I would only suggest to you, that there is nothing of controversy among Christians that believe the Bible.  It's pretty clear.  There isn't much in the way of debate on this.

Homosexuality is a sin, just as the scripture you posted says.

but was confirmed to be mistranslated and was originally "Man shall not lie with young boys"

False.  There was no mistranslation. Nor was it originally men with boys. 

The verse you are referring to, is Leviticus 18:22.

The hebrew is וְאֶת-זָכָר--לֹא תִשְׁכַּב, מִשְׁכְּבֵי אִשָּׁה:  תּוֹעֵבָה, הִוא.

The key word is זכר which means... male.  A male, shall not, have sex with another male.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=iw&u=https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%90%D7%99%D7%A1%D7%95%D7%A8_%D7%9E%D7%A9%D7%9B%D7%91_%D7%96%D7%9B%D7%A8&prev=search

There are numerous Jewish websites you can go to, that have the Hebrew, and all say the same thing.  There is no bad translation.  IT means exactly what it says.

if Homosexuality is a sin does that mean I have to live my life without a partner? Or marry a woman whom I do not truly love nor am I attracted to her. 

Yes.  I would highly suggest you not marry a woman that you are not going to love.  Instead stay single.

However, repenting of sin, means not just not doing it, but also means you need to stop supporting it, or promoting it.

I would suggest you consider watching some of the videos by pastors who have turned away from being homosexual. 

Darryl Foster

James Domen

There are some others.

While it may seem impossible to you now, I do know of several people who were formerly homosexual, and repented of their sin, turned to the good, and now have wives, and children, and families they dearly love.

Now obviously you have to decide if that is even something you want... but you did ask if homosexuality was a sin, and the answer is, yes it is.  The Bible is very clear.  It's not a mis-translation.  And don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

The language of the scripture is clear. Leviticus 18:22 according to multiple translations:

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. (KJV)

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. (NKJV)

You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. (NASB)

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. (ESV)

Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable. (NIV)

The truth has been expressed to you in the scriptures, @Josh Caragay.

Lots of confusion about this word "homosexual"

It actually simply identifies  a person who performs as a LIFESTYLE< "same gender sex acts".

Its the SEXUAL orientation that defines this person...  In other words....if you perform "Gay Sex ACTS", same gender sex acts, as a lifestyle  then this defines you as a "homo-sexual".

If you perform sex acts with both sexes as a lifestyle, then you are a BI-Sexual.

If you perform sex acts with the opposite sex only, you are a Hetero-sexual

This is why "sexual" is in the word, which excludes it from being an ethnic group.

Gay sex acts, are "same gender sex acts" performed as a LIFESTYLE. = Homo-Sexual

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

4 hours ago, Josh Caragay said:

Josh, frankly, sin is sin, and God hates sin, not because He hates us, but because He knows how damaging sin is to us. But God does not rate sin---"yours is worse than mine, or his is too small to matter." All sin is hated by God. Yet God is a God of love, and He chooses to redeem us through His Son, Jesus---who took your sin and all sin---and buried it when He died on the cross for us. We cannot change who we are. We cannot control how sinful we are because that is who we are. But God can if you belong to Him. In fact that is his desire. There is only one sin---just one---that God cannot forgive: the sin of unbelief. So, it seems reasonable to come to God and let Him know that you desire to know Him, and when you do that, He promises He will answer you. God can remove sin, but we must come to Him as a child who sits in our father's lap, asking Him to help us and protect us from the things we are unable to do for ourselves.

When i first went to church as a new believer, I cried like a little girl. Not a single soul comforted me or asked me if i needed help---except one man...a homosexual. He was the only one who cared, and he became a wonderful friend. He knew his sin did not strengthen his relationship with the Lord even while he was a Christian. But he prayed---hard---that God would help him overcome it. God brought a woman into his life. He had no thoughts for women, but God brought this woman into his life---and he fell in love with her, and she with him. He eventually asked her to marry him, but she refused until she could trust that his life showed evidence of change. For nearly a year, she watched and saw God working in him. He was free of what enslaved him, and they wound up getting married. Until the day he died, they had a very happy, 14-year marriage. It was not him. It was God who saw who he was becoming, and that is how God sees us. Who are we becoming?

So Josh, give your heart to the Lord first. He is waiting with open arms to show you what real love is.

Edited by Coliseum
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 hours ago, Josh Caragay said:

I researched alot about how it is and isnt, so the info I got was there's this verse that says "Man shall not lie with man for it is an abomination" but was confirmed to be mistranslated and was originally "Man shall not lie with young boys" Pedophilia not homosexuality???

Hi Josh, 

All the previous responses to your questions are pretty clear or hopefully enough for you. Nice postings, everyone. More are coming in as I'm writing this, so I'll just say a few things on my mind about these issues. The Lord does consider sexual relationships of any kind outside of a marital ones between a man and woman to be sinful before Him. A person regardless of gender can struggle with feelings of unacceptable sexual behavior and make decisions not to act on them.

No temptation is a sin. Following through with them are sinful, however. Many come to Christ with problems concerning intimate matters and live free from the sins they've been forgiven. This is God's plan for all who come to him in faith believing. There's no condemnation for them. The past is free from that and under the sacrifice of the shed blood the Saviour. If we slip and fall, the Lord will still forgive confessed sin. You can count on that, but His will is not to continue stumbling. Are on the same page here? 

Pedophilia is inappropriate sexual acts against children of either gender. Most victims of child molestation are little girls by majority, but a percentage of them are boys. Women can also commit acts of molestation as you probably know. It isn't labeled as pedophila, but is equally a sin. I'm sure you realize that. Anyway, I don't condemn you because Jesus doesn't. We can choose to please Him or not. I understand what you're dealing with, but what would be your decision on the matter now?  God bless you. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

@BeauJangles you say "We can choose to Please Him or not." Do you mean we can choose to keep His commandments or not keep them? That is the same thing as saying we can go to heaven or hell no?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, BlessedCreator said:

@BeauJangles you say "We can choose to Please Him or not." Do you mean we can choose to keep His commandments or not keep them? That is the same thing as saying we can go to heaven or hell no?

we can all make choices. We still have free will.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

37 minutes ago, BlessedCreator said:

"We can choose to Please Him or not."

Yes, we all have these choices. We make wise decisions or unwise ones. 

Do you mean we can choose to keep His commandments or not keep them?

Correct. His commandments, admonishments, desires for our lives, and also His will. Absolutely. 

We are not bots, puppets, or marionettes on strings. 

That is the same thing as saying we can go to heaven or hell no?

No. I did not say that. Some banter on the issue, disagree, argue, whatever. Almighty God makes that call and not ourselves. He is on the judgement throne. That is His ultimate decision. Why anyone would think to the otherwise does not have the full perspective of truth on the matter.  

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1