Diaste

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

From my vantage point a sound approach to eschatological understanding does not hold much ground in this forum and is losing the battle.

If one just held to one of the main schools of thought, or a combination, I could understand. 

Mostly all I see is a bunch of poorly written chapters in works of fiction riddled with plots holes which are overcome by...well...the holes in the story are not repaired.

The authors of these works of fiction simply don't care. Add. Subtract. Make it up. At least Hollywood uses 'magic' as a device to fill in the blanks. 

That makes them more cognizant of their failings than at least a dozen of the regular posters under this section of the forum.

We better get it together people. This isn't a bedtime story you make up as you go along. It's not abstract. Not a thought exercise.

The study of the end of the age should lead to understanding of that time, not a chance to present personal philosophy.

So what's your favorite method? Literal? Moral? Something else?

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

Literal, if the Bible is silent on a subject, I'm silent, and just smile when people add or subtract to it with their opinion.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Diaste said:

From my vantage point a sound approach to eschatological understanding does not hold much ground in this forum and is losing the battle.

If one just held to one of the main schools of thought, or a combination, I could understand. 

Mostly all I see is a bunch of poorly written chapters in works of fiction riddled with plots holes which are overcome by...well...the holes in the story are not repaired.

The authors of these works of fiction simply don't care. Add. Subtract. Make it up. At least Hollywood uses 'magic' as a device to fill in the blanks. 

That makes them more cognizant of their failings than at least a dozen of the regular posters under this section of the forum.

We better get it together people. This isn't a bedtime story you make up as you go along. It's not abstract. Not a thought exercise.

The study of the end of the age should lead to understanding of that time, not a chance to present personal philosophy.

Study Paul intensely instead.  "be followers of ME as i follow Christ", He wrote....= do that.

Become rock solid in "justification by Faith" theology,  and live to spread the Love of God as the message of the Blood Atonement so that others will find God's love for themselves.

Put  "end times" (study)= rabbit trail in your rear view mirror...... and keep the judgement seat of Christ in front of your eyes, till the day you are there.  

Edited by Behold

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Behold said:

Put  "end times" (study)= rabbit trail in your rear view mirror...... and keep the judgement seat of Christ in front of your eyes, till the day you are there. 

No need to throw out the baby with the bath water.  

Jesus said things like, "Behold, I have told you in advance" and "See to it that no one misleads you" and "Be on the alert."  If you don't have an understanding of what lies ahead, you're at a disadvantage.

Granted, end time prophecy tends to spawn heated arguments and contention but that is usually due to fleshly pride.  We should approach the subject humbly and let the Holy Spirit guide us in the things to come.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

14 hours ago, Diaste said:

Hi Diaste,

I so agree and it really clouds & muddies up the waters so to speak when trying to have a Biblical conversation and not a `this is my imaginings` etc.

So my approach is -

1. Recognising the specific divisions - `The Jews, the Gentiles, and the Church of God.` ( 1 Cor. 10: 32) Failure to do so is the MAJOR cause of confusion in Eschatology.

2. Specific Time-slots. God in His eternal purpose, has delineated explicit time-slots for each group.

a) Nation of Israel - Abraham to the Cross ........Trib.  (Gen. 12: 2,  Dan. 9: 24 - 27)

b) Times of the Gentiles - Babylonian captivity to Armageddon. (Luke 21: 24 - 27,   Jer. 25: 11,  Dan. 9: 24 - 27,  Rev. 11: 2)

c) The Church - Pentecost to Rapture.  (Eph. 3: 2 - 22,  1 Thess. 4: 15 - 18)

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

@Marilyn C  I am a bit confused with point number 1, speaking about specific divisions.  In Galatians 3:26-29 we read something different.

For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.  For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.  And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Why continue the division Jesus resolved?  I first wondered this when I read your reply to Wayne in the thread titled "Where in heavenly Jerusalem do you want to live ?" as you said "I`m certainly NOT looking for that city, as it was promised to the OT saints. (Heb. 11: 16) I personally am looking to what the Lord has promised the Body of Christ.`  This seems like a contradiction.   Can you clear this up?

38 minutes ago, OneLight said:

@Marilyn C  I am a bit confused with point number 1, speaking about specific divisions.  In Galatians 3:26-29 we read something different.

For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.  For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.  And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Why continue the division Jesus resolved?  I first wondered this when I read your reply to Wayne in the thread titled "Where in heavenly Jerusalem do you want to live ?" as you said "I`m certainly NOT looking for that city, as it was promised to the OT saints. (Heb. 11: 16) I personally am looking to what the Lord has promised the Body of Christ.`  This seems like a contradiction.   Can you clear this up?

Hi OneLight,

Thank you for asking that question. I`m sure it has come to mind in many people. In Gal. we read of no divisions IN the Body of Christ. However that does not take away that there are 3 groups that God has plans for -

1. The nations.

2. Israel. (called out of the nations)

3. The Body of Christ. (called out of Israel & the nations)

We read in God`s word that God has purposes for these 3 groups. And since Israel has become a nation, we can actually see the 3 groups in our life time.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

20 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi OneLight,

Thank you for asking that question. I`m sure it has come to mind in many people. In Gal. we read of no divisions IN the Body of Christ. However that does not take away that there are 3 groups that God has plans for -

1. The nations.

2. Israel. (called out of the nations)

3. The Body of Christ. (called out of Israel & the nations)

We read in God`s word that God has purposes for these 3 groups. And since Israel has become a nation, we can actually see the 3 groups in our life time.

One more step, if you would.  Please provide scripture for this plan that you God has these three groups.  This is the very first time I have ever heard someone claim this.

4 hours ago, OneLight said:

One more step, if you would.  Please provide scripture for this plan that you God has these three groups.  This is the very first time I have ever heard someone claim this.

Hi OneLight,

I do appreciate your gracious approach. I know that people generally have been taught differently. I am over 70 and have been taught this by men from the Welsh revival and whom they taught, (from England and Scotland) Actually my grandparents came out to Australia from Scotland as missionaries in the `30`s.

So I did write scriptures back further. However it is a big subject and I know that you carefully look through God`s word. So you may like to look at what I wrote in my blogs here on Worthy under the title of `God`s Eternal Purposes.` Here is the contents to give you an idea how I set it out.

766381069_1b.Contents..jpg.cba0a0d8b5f7ace577b2a2517569c04d.jpg

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

22 hours ago, ENOCH2010 said:

Literal, if the Bible is silent on a subject, I'm silent, and just smile when people add or subtract to it with their opinion.  

Agreed. It's been my experience that if allegory or analogy is present in the text it's very clear. Rev 12 for example, "And there appeared a great wonder in heaven..." among the myriad of cases.