Ineedhugs

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

If someone asks you 'why should i believe Christianity'? what do you guys tell them?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

Let Holy Spirit speaks according to people's condition.

People have different characters and one answer may not suit everybody.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

No sense beating around the bush with anybody......People need to see that they are Lost Sinners who MUST have a Savior to pay the price for their sins....I think they must know the Bad News before they are ready to receive the “ Good News”......I would tell them about the Reality Of Hell and The  fact that only Christians are going to escape it.....that might get their attention.....then I would tell them the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4.....and if they simply believed “ that”.....they will be fit for Heaven..... 

I could also use a shorter way.....tell them  that God will save anybody that asks to be saved.....it is up to the individual to see the NEED to ask .....It is the Job Of The Holy Spirit to open the heart of a person and convict them of sin......Perhaps the first prayer for an unsaved man is to pray for a visit from the Holy Spirit that can give him “ ears to hear” and a “Contrite Heart”—- a “ Heart” ready to hear and receive the Gospel That will Save Him ....IF he Believes it.......

God says, “ Turn to me and I will turn to you”....... uttering That First Prayer or Any facsimile would be considered “ Turning” to Him.....Like the Sinful Tax Collector, who cried out from a Contrite Heart — “Lord, have Mercy on me, a Sinner”.......That will get the job done.....the secret behind any of these approaches is to see that one is a Sinner and that only Jesus can Save Him....

Sorry, But I keep thinking of stuff.....here’s another way to explain Christianity and hopefully get somebody saved ........Just tell them— “ You Are Dirty and only Jesus can cleanse you to get you to Heaven.....ask Him to Cleanse you and “ make you fit for Heaven” and He WILL!

OK......i’m Done.....

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

Why should we believe Christianity and accept the gospel? Because it offers hope and brings meaning into our lives.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

48 minutes ago, Ineedhugs said:

If someone asks you 'why should i believe Christianity'? what do you guys tell them?

Help them to understand that the grave is not their end, that its just the door to where they are going.

Help them to understand that "God" wants them to be a part of his loving family, and sent Jesus for them to bring them Home.

Ineedhugs,  unbelievers have the idea that God is angry with them and wants to stop them from having any fun, any life...

They see God as a heavenly Tyrant , harsh, who wants to sort of put them in a straightjacket and "make them behave".....this kind of Idea.

So, when we help them see that God is a helper, a giver of a better life, .. that He actually LOVES THEM so much that Jesus has already died for them to not only forgive them, but to prove God's love for them......when you help them SEE that God is for them and....wants them.....wants them to be a part of His family,..then  by showing them this you are showing them God's love for them, and that is what they need to SEE = and once they see God's LOVE, then they will often respond.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

21 minutes ago, Behold said:

They see God as a heavenly Tyrant , harsh, who wants to sort of put them in a straightjacket and "make them behave".....this kind of Idea.

How true, Behold......the World sees God as the  great  “Cosmic Kill-Joy” ......That “ Mean Old Man in The Sky!”

Satan isn’t called “ The Father Of Lies” for no reason .....these are among his biggest....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Ineedhugs said:

As someone has said, find where they are 'at' and their current belief system and go from there. They are humans, so we must treat them as God's 'imagers' with kindness and compassion. Some we may come across have been marginalised by the 'church' or have been hurt deeply by a 'christian'. They know that people do 'stuff' to people, so we have to see it like the Lord would. Use an example of the woman at the well as a starter... Yeshua used stories to get truth across, who knows but this may be the ONLY chance for conversion this person has left - so use it wisely.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,026
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,354
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

I agree about meeting people where they are at in life.   Pray for the right words, use wisdom and be kind.   

Isaiah-61-v1b-BBIC-1.jpg.5996fb31c5821ea501793241817c69bf.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

You have to get them lost
before you can get them saved..

(A faithful Christian said I needed to be saved)

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

How true, Behold......the World sees God as the  great  “Cosmic Kill-Joy” ......That “ Mean Old Man in The Sky!”

Satan isn’t called “ The Father Of Lies” for no reason .....these are among his biggest....

The Buddha teaches that to be happy is to be free from "want'.  To have no "want'....To live in a "wantless" state of Nirvana.  And this is not possible as we are created to have needs and to have wants....and God is the PROVIDER....so, that is the math......We NEED, we have wants, have desires, and "God supplies all our NEED"...

So, what The Buddha could not comprehend , is that "wanting" is not the issue.....Its wanting what is immoral or that will cause us harm, or will cause others harm if we want all that.... that is the problem......So, God creates us to have a "new Nature" so that our "wants' fall in line with Righteousness, and this then can deliver us from wanting what is WRONG.

WE are born again into the position of being able to walk in a state of only wanting what is GOOD as defined as "holy" or pure.

But not everyone who is born again, will live there.. or even knows how to be there...

Edited by Behold
  • Well Said! 1