• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, NzKev said:

Who are the Beatles?

They were the warm up act for Herman’s Hermits that some people though had some potential.....after they ousted the drummer, Pete Best......they just kinda fizzled out ......Mainly recognized today as being the answer to a few trivia questions....

• Group:  Royal Member

11 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I'll look for that one as it's either been too long for good recall (surprises me) or I haven't seen it yet. There's a lot of them I missed to to lack of social media back then. Some have been recent YouTube ones by dedicated and tech skilled fans. A lot of them are pretty good in my opinion. 

I always liked the video for “ Strawberry Fields Forever”

The White Album was My favorite......closely followed by Sgt Pepper....

Btw.....Pete Best, Perhaps the unluckiest man on earth was on the David Letterman Show years back......could be on you tube .......came off as sharp , nice guy ......no bitterness......he is a millioner  now, thanks to royalties from “ The Beatles Anthology”......probably retired from the bakery by now .....I hope....

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

15 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

You left out” I Feel Fine”....... remember the feedback at the beginning? 

The Hoffner Bass Thingy I was referring to was the fact that Paul’s first Hoffner was stolen....

George Martin said that Ringo was a better drummer than John was a guitarist....

I was serious about loaning you The Beatle Books that I have.....let me know if you want to borrow them.

I will leave you with 2 questions....

What are your favorite Yoko Ono songs?

Why was John killed instead of Yoko?   

One more question......the first time you saw Yoko posing nude on the “ Two Virgins” album, did you wash your eyes out with bleach like I did? Lol.....

I Feel Fine was the first "feedback" recorded song. It wasn't really backwards. John had his guitar a little close to the amplifier and it twanged back at him before he could grab the fretboard on his Rickenbacker to stop it. It went in the recording because he liked it. We did too.

Ah, Paul's bass was stolen. No recovery was made on that one. 

George Martin said that about John's playing? What nerve! What was in his cup of Earl Grey tea at the time? Beefeater gin? 

I may take you up on the books. Thanks for the offer. I can receive drop-shipping here. 

Favorite Yoko songs? Oh no! I can give you her worst. Cambridge 1969. Horrible! But, Who Has Seen The Wind wasn't too bad. It was B side to one of The Plastic Ono Bands songs. Had the 45 record. I think Give Peace A Chance was the A side. Or was it Cold Turkey? Probably Cold Turkey. 

John was assassinated because Mark David Chapman had in in his head he was going to kill John for being a some kind a messenger of satan? Or some kind of twisted demonic thing in this dude's head. He should rot in jail for the remainder of his wretched life for murdering John. Why didn't Yoko get shot? Mark was close enough to empty 5 rounds into John effectively enough to take him down. (sigh) Enough talk on that.

Two Virgins? No comment.

Kev......if you ask “ who was Pete Best?” .....I will smash you over the head with a snare drum! Lol.......

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I Feel Fine was the first "feedback" recorded song. It wasn't really backwards. John had his guitar a little close to the amplifier and it twanged back at him before he could grab the fretboard on his Rickenbacker to stop it. It went in the recording because he liked it. We did too.

Ah, Paul's bass was stolen. No recovery was made on that one. 

George Martin said that about John's playing? What nerve! What was in his cup of Earl Grey tea at the time? Beefeater gin? 

I may take you up on the books. Thanks for the offer. I can receive drop-shipping here. 

Favorite Yoko songs? Oh no! I can give you her worst. Cambridge 1969. Horrible! But, Who Has Seen The Wind wasn't too bad. It was B side to one of The Plastic Ono Bands songs. Had the 45 record. I think Give Peace A Chance was the A side. Or was it Cold Turkey? Probably Cold Turkey. 

John was assassinated because Mark David Chapman had in in his head he was going to kill John for being a some kind a messenger of satan? Or some kind of twisted demonic thing in this dude's head. He should rot in jail for the remainder of his wretched life for murdering John. Why didn't Yoko get shot? Mark was close enough to empty 5 rounds into John effectively enough to take him down. (sigh) Enough talk on that.

Two Virgins? No comment.

Let me know about the books.....you will go nuts if you get them.....try not to salivate on too many of the pages

The remaining Beatles — these guys were always very smart—- referred to Chapman as “ The Man Whose Name Must Never Be Mentioned” to deny him of any twisted fame that he may have desired......smart thinking.....

4 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Let's talk bootleg LP records sometime. I don't have any personally, but a lot of cassettes sent to me from some guy I met in a Beatles Newsgroup. There must be millions of them going around the world. 

I've got two radio stations from Mexico from my HP Music Radio app. These guys have rarities like you wouldn't even believe. They play some incredible stuff. I have no idea what they're saying though. haha! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BeauJangles said:

Let's talk bootleg LP records sometime. I don't have any personally, but a lot of cassettes sent to me from some guy I met in a Beatles Newsgroup. There must be millions of them going around the world. 

I've got two radio stations from Mexico from my HP Music Radio app. These guys have rarities like you wouldn't even believe. They play some incredible stuff. I have no idea what they're saying though. haha! 

I have never had any of the Bootlegs.......sounds interesting 

Have you ever seen the Simpsons Parody Of The Beatles?  “ Homers Barbershop Quartet”....... Watch it if you ever get the chance.....George had some cameos as Himself.....Like most stuff from the Simpsons first ten years........brilliant. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

38 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

They were the warm up act for Herman’s Hermits that some people though had some potential

That doesn't sound right. The Beatles were already pretty big in the U.S. the year Herman and the Hermits formed.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I received my $1200 check today .....I will give you this check if you can tell me who Paul Cole was......this May be the ultimate Beatles Trivia question......

Looks like you'll get to keep the check. I have no idea who Paul Cole was. 

Why did George's right earlobe stick out more than usual on the With The Beatles/Meet The Beatles LP? 

Here's a link of info on each album cover and their stories if interested. 

1. The Beatles' Album Artwork Secrets: Each Sleeve's Story ...

https://www.nme.com/photos/the-beatles-album...

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thanks 1