IGNORED

Learn a lesson from the Great Awakening ...

George

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

45 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Logic dictates that there is a difference between what Jesus did and what we need to do.  It also dictates understanding the meaning of words.  In this case, if you don't apply both, your conclusion is illogical.

And that double - speak means what?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

22 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

You gave me quite Of list of things to do....sorry,I am not that ambitious today .....I am going to a cook out and do not have time to do all of the things you want me to do.....maybe I will get back to some of this stuff later

For now , just to tide you over, I have a few things to say....

We are Saved by Believing  the Gospel  Of Grace ( 1Cor15:1-4 Plus NOTHiNG ) Believing in Jesus Saves.....one can “ repent” until the cows come home— that does make you a Believer.On the other hand , it is impossible to Believe without Repenting.....it is built in.The Apostle John knew this— that is why he never had to mention it the Book we send people to for Salvation

Repentance is MANDANTORY for Salvation! Have I  made that Clear to you? The Repentance required for Salvation means to “ change your mind”.If one goes from NOT Believing the Gospel , To one that DOES  believe the Gospel, that person has undergone the “ change of mind” that God demands....

We are to “ repent and believe” .If  Peter or Paul or even John the Baptist or Jesus Himself mentions “ Repentance” notice they NEVER say “ repent of sins” to be SAVED! The type of Repentance they are referring to is “ Turn to God”. That is a good thing to say- it will get a person Saved.Remember the Promise Of God, “Turn to Me and I will Turn to You.” Do THAT and He will do the rest. He, more than likely , will see to it that you hear the Gospel and Believe the Gospel and thereby get Saved. Faith Plus Nothing . Anybody out there that does not Believe in Jesus and His Gospel Of Grace, needs to change there mind and start  Believing it.

......got to go to the cookout ....mmmmmmm......I might return later to take all of your arguments and once again reduce them to a pitiful pile of rubble.....lol.....just kidding....

I think that you should answer the scriptures that @OneLightis mentioning.

That would be respectful of the conversation and be helpful to ones reading.

Agree?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 5/14/2020 at 9:47 AM, George said:

Let a man go to the grammar school of faith and repentance, before he goes to the university of election and predestination.

What a great line!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

How convenient, ...the post where you said the Cross is not sufficient for all of our sins:

On 5/20/2020 at 8:20 AM, OneLight said:

I am not sure why you seem to be happy about this as I never said that cross was insufficient. 

Oh yes you did, in your reply to Alive, ...on page 8, ...on 5/17/2020 at 5:44 AM OneLight said:

Has now been deleted so that we can't go back and read it!!!!!!!

Talk about not quoting ALL you have said, .......the "incriminating" evidence has disappeared!!!

Here it is for all to see again, quoted from :  page 8, ...on 5/17/2020 at 5:44 AM OneLight said:

Do you believe that a true born again believer can lose their temper and start committing sins as they walk in the flesh for a period?  These are not unknown sins, nor are they sins forgiven at the cross, but sins committed from walking in the flesh.

My Lord Man, can't you read the words right in front of your face?  I never said the cross is insufficient. You are taking what I said about the sins we repent of at the time of our salvation are not future sins, so they are not covered by the cross until we repent, and saying I said something I did not!  How is that so hard for you to understand when it is right in front of your face?   Stop twisting my words. 

My words to Alive were

On 5/17/2020 at 11:44 AM, OneLight said:

You don't know how good it is to see a reply like this  Thank you.

Do you believe that a true born again believer can lose their temper and start committing sins as they walk in the flesh for a period?  These are not unknown sins, nor are they sins forgiven at the cross, but sins committed from walking in the flesh.  I do, and I also believe that these need to be repented of and the one repenting needs to humbly ask for forgiveness.  When you repent, you repent of something already done, not of some unknown sin one may or may not commit in the future.

Gods responsibility is seen when He convicts us of our sins through the Holy Spirit.  We do not become puppets when we are saved, we remain humans with a free will.  s He held responsible if the believer refuses to repent?  No, the believe is.  Look at the lessons of the vine and the olive tree - both state that when someone in Christ does not continue in Him, they will be removed, cast into the fire and burned.  Now, did God fail in His responsibility of convicting a person to the point of repenting?  No, God is not responsible for our decision, we are.  He, through His Spirit, continues to work in the lives of those who are His, never giving up until He decides enough is enough, that the pone in Him no longer belongs in Him.  There is no darkness in God, only in man.

My words are what they are, not what you garner from your reading them. 

As for any reply to Alive being deleted, there was never anything between Alive and myself that broke the TOS, so they were not deleted.  Perhaps you are searching for what you want to remember about my replies instead of the actual words I said?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

58 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Logic dictates that there is a difference between what Jesus did and what we need to do.  It also dictates understanding the meaning of words.  In this case, if you don't apply both, your conclusion is illogical.

Didn’t Jesus tell us...,

John 14:12 

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Jesus never showed us what we can’t do, but what we can do and even greater than what he did. This is the double portion that Jesus fulfilled and made possible unto us through the spirit of Elisha which came from the prophet Elijah.

Philippians 4:13 

13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Zechariah 4:6

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.

Jesus even told us to be perfect but I hear allot of people say that’s not possible either. Jesus never commands us to do something we cannot do or what’s not possible. He says...,

Matthew 5:48

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

We aren’t perfect in mans eyes which judges through the lenses of the law but we can be perfect in Gods eyes which is the state of perfection according to our hearts and minds. If we fall or fall we just get back up and not repeat that again.

Thats what repenting after salvation looks like. It’s not repentance from actual sin but to remove the stain or iniquity off and out of our souls.

This process is the renewing of the mind and how we are putting off our former conversation of the old man of the past with its remembrances. These remembrances are the images that God is cleansing out of our minds.

1 hour ago, Behold said:

You are talking about a child sinning, while you teach a gospel of self saving, to stay saved "repenting and abiding", that if believed takes a person away from Faith in Christ to faith in Self.

I am talking about someone who is responsible for the child sinning.  Didn't you ever read what I wrote before quoting it?

Do you realize that you have said the same thing over a hundred times and I have shown you that what you are saying is false?  Do you also realize that being obedient about repenting from sin is scriptural and the verses have been supplied to you many times?  Do you realize that you are arguing against scripture?  Can't you take the words of Jesus seriously, or do you have to twist them to make them fit your theology?   I give you Jesus' words, you give me Paul's.  Paul does not contradict Jesus, why do you?

• Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

25 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I give you Jesus' words, you give me Paul's.  Paul does not contradict Jesus, why do you?

And Jesus does not contradict Paul, because Jesus taught Paul and Paul was not only highly intelligent, but very much anointed.

There 'appear' to be contradictions in scripture. Any of us that have studied this book realize this. That is where rightly dividing comes in. This is again, something we all understand and can agree on.

For myself, I am fully convinced that a true born again believer, cannot lose his salvation. I believe this for many reasons, but at the core for me, is the history of what happens at the cross, resurrection and ascension; as I have explained a number of times. I don't believe that that history of events can be 'turned back'.

So--that means that any scriptures that 'appear' to be in contradiction to the history of my being 'In Christ' during those three real time events, must have another explanation.

I have yet to read anybody dealing with this. I died, I was raised with a new 'eternal life' and then ascended to heaven in Christ with God. Now, my life is hidden with Christ in God.

This is the very most fundamental aspect of our Gospel because it is the Cross of Christ that God chose to solve the big problems. The problem of having been born in Adam the first and the 'sin nature' that exists there which makes it impossible to 'fellowship' with God.

So---someone that takes the position that a true son of God can lose that status, has to deal with the fundamentals of the Cross. Every one of these points inherent in the history of the Cross can be expanded almost infinitely using both logic, rational thought and scripture.

Ironically, the Book of Hebrews, contains the most powerful arguments of all.

A new and better way...moving from the earthly to the heavenly and that right there is the most common theme running through the entirety of scripture. God moving things from the earthly to the heavenly. From one ground onto another. One shakes and the other is unshakable. Looking at all of the stories of the men and women in the Bible shows us that. He orchestrated things to make the great stories go from what is possible/impossible with man (earthly), to what is only possible with God (the heavenly).

Reading through it all with this understanding is very illuminating and a awesome exercise!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

Exactly!

Exonerate - (of an official body) absolve (someone) from blame for a fault or wrongdoing.

That is what the Holy Spirit has said to those that can "hear" what He is saying:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:   Eph 1:3-4

"Without blame,"  amōmos, ...morally: without blemish, faultless, unblameable

In modern day English, ...exonerated

When does the Holy Spirit say we have been "exonerated?" 

Before the foundation of the world, before I was born, ...way back in Eternity past when Father "knew" me "only" in His Mind.

How sad so many don't have ears to hear...

Yes, and when we get to be before Him in heaven, this will be the reason why.

Now, let's look at Jesus' words when He spoke about repentance.

Remember G3421 therefore G3767 from whence G4159 thou art fallen, G1601 and G2532 repentG3340 and G2532 do G4160 the first G4413 works; G2041 or else G1490 I will come G2064 unto thee G4671 quickly, G5035 and G2532 will remove G2795 thy G4675 candlestick G3087 out of G1537 his G846 place, G5117 except G3362 thou repentG3340
RepentG3340 or else G1490 I will come G2064 unto thee G4671 quickly, G5035 and G2532 will fight G4170 against G3326 them G846 with G1722 the sword G4501 of my G3450 mouth. G4750
Behold, G2400G1473 will cast G906 her G846 into G1519 a bed, G2825 and G2532 them that commit adultery G3431 with G3326 her G846 into G1519 great G3173 tribulation, G2347 except G3362 they repent G3340 of G1537 their G846 deeds. G2041
Remember G3421 therefore G3767 how G4459 thou hast received G2983 and G2532 heard, G191 and G2532 hold fast, G5083 and G2532 repentG3340 If G3362  therefore G3767 thou shalt G1127  not G3362 watch, G1127 I will come G2240 on G1909 thee G4571 as G5613 a thief, G2812 and G2532 thou shalt G1097  not G3364 know G1097 what G4169 hour G5610 I will come G2240 upon G1909 thee. G4571
As many as G3745 G1437 I love, G5368G1473 rebuke G1651 and G2532 chasten: G3811 be zealous G2206 therefore, G3767 and G2532 repentG3340

Repent - G3340 - μετανοέω - metanoeō

1. to change one's mind, i.e. to repent
  2. to change one's mind for better, heartily to amend with abhorrence of one's past sins  (Italics and underline mine)

Since they are born again believer Jesus is speaking to, He is addressing sins they committed after they are saved.  This would mean that their current sins have not been repented from and are still being held against them.  Notice Jesus saying "repent", "except thou repent", "repent, or else", "except they repent", "hold fast, and repent", "be zealous therefore, and repent".   There is no getting around what Jesus is saying to beleivers.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

What there is no end to is speaking the truth about when I see a lie.  You see, all you have to refute the words of Jesus is your words brought to you through the eyes of your theology.  No scriptural proof to show His words have a different meaning than what He says. I continually stand on all scripture, which you have proven over and over again you don't.  You rely on only the words of Paul.  Why?  Only you can answer that.If you have a disagreement with what Jesus says, you need take it up with Him and tell Him how wrong He is.  But, before you do something that stupid, here, read it again.  Maybe His words will sink in this time!

I rely on Paul, because i'm in the time of the Gentiles.  So, as Paul is my gentile apostle,  (Apostle to the Gentiles) who Jesus personally gave the doctrine of "justification by faith" then as dawn follows dark we would always follow Paul directly, regarding The Gospel of Grace, as it came from Jesus, to Paul, to us.

So, as i said, you gospel is always....>"abide and repent".  These are both self effort.  Self effort is the opposite of the Grace of God. The Grace of God has one work in it.. only one, and you need to learn what this is,  @OneLight... Here is the work you need to be doing....  "The finished WORK of Jesus on the Cross"... See that "work".....You don't do that, and that is the only "work" that supplies the Blood Atonement.   Your gospel is not the Blood Atonement.  Your gospel, is.."abide and repent".   

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

50 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Do you realize that you have said the same thing over a hundred times and I have shown you that what you are saying is false?  

For the 6+ yrs you've tried to teach all believers on this forum that the Blood of Jesus is only as good as their "abiding and repenting',...so then of course i reject your gospel of works.

We are not kept saved by works or self effort... We are kept saved by what Saved us.....The Blood of Jesus.   That you dont believe this is a issue you need to resolve, asap.

I teach the Blood Atonement.  I teach "Grace through Faith"....  I teach that "God who began salvation in the born again, will HIMSELF be faithful to complete it"... Philippians 1:6

I teach the Cross and the "finished work of Jesus........, while you teach....>"abide and repent".   

Edited by Behold