IGNORED

Learn a lesson from the Great Awakening ...

George

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I hid a lot of posts that arent even connected to this thread ... a lot of accusations ... if you are going to put worde into someobes mouth ... quote them ... dont accuee someone of something and then we have pages of accusations where there is no quote.  :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I am far to humble to mention my own name......lol....

Or take the time to put in a decent looking avatar either! haha!

• Haha 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

9 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

@OneLight

Friend, are you ignoring me, ...or you can't answer?

I'm still waiting for your verses that "prove" the branches are dead and the death of Jesus on the Cross is not sufficient to pay for my sins.

Please just verses and no diatribe, ...just verses, ...book, chapter and verse(s), ...that's all.

I did answer you, Brother.  Yesterday (5/19) at 10:07

If you want verses only, please see the reply to Alive that is right above your post I just quoted.

Within the reply you missed, I also asked you a few questions.  I hope you find time to answer them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I did answer you, Brother.  Yesterday (5/19) at 10:07

If you want verses only, please see the reply to Alive that is right above your post I just quoted.

Within the reply you missed, I also asked you a few questions.  I hope you find time to answer them.

Not really, ...but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, ...however, ..in going back over the list Alive has given you, ...can you please point out for me, ...I seem to have missed it, ...which "verse" says the death of Jesus on the Cross is not sufficient to pay for my sins today...

Just copy and paste from Alive's post,

thanks...

1 minute ago, JustPassingThru said:

Not really, ...but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, ...however, ..in going back over the list Alive has given you, ...can you please point out for me, ...I seem to have missed it, ...which "verse" says the death of Jesus on the Cross is not sufficient to pay for my sins today...

Just copy and paste from Alive's post,

thanks...

"Not really" what?  Is there something I said that needs clarification for you or are you not seeing the reply to you I made?  Can you clarify what you mean by "not really"?

As for "which "verse" says the death of Jesus on the Cross is not sufficient to pay for my sins today", there are none.  You cannot add to what Christ has done.  What does the word repent mean?  I explained this to you when I replied to your post where you said you never repented.  But to save you time, I will add this explanation.

repent - G3340 - μετανοέω - metanoeō

• to change one's mind, i.e. to repent

• to change one's mind for better, heartily to amend with abhorrence of one's past sins (underline mine)

The above is the simplest explanation from Blue Letter Bible.  Repenting is for past sins.  To repent does not apply to future sins, meaning when we sin, we need to repent again, and again, and again - each time the Holy Spirit convicts of of sin..  Understand Revelations 2&3 and what Jesus said to those who are in Him, but need to repent, and you will understand how a heart that does not repent is not forgiven.  

10 hours ago, Sower said:

default_thumbsup.gif.2e8de30f6f11ae746ee4d4594f61388d.gif
I came in a little late, Alive, and just read the last four or so pages, and found you had taken the air out of my balloon.
John 15 is one of my most favorite chapters in the bible, and have studied it more than most any chapter.
My understanding:
John 15 is about fruit bearing, and not salvation. I first read it in the KJV and the verse uses the word  purge, and not prune.
I couldn't understand why God would purge me if I was bearing fruit. By accident I had a small paperback NT living bible for witnessing,
and I saw the word purge was written prune. KER BOOM!!! I got it immediately.
God the Father is the Husbandman, the pruner of the branches (believers) that are grafted into the true vine, His son.
Where I live in the country, we have wild mustang vines with branches going sometimes thirty feet up in the trees.
But they have very little fruit if any, and they are some kinda sour. No good for eating. (they're not grafted like most good fruit trees)
I realized that the commercial orchards I saw had short heavy vine trunks, and branches on each side only 6-8 feet or so. And huge grape clusters.
I realized the vine dresser is the important one, as he cuts off all the unnecessary branch growth that gets too big/long etc. (Or doesn't bear fruit)
Just like me, a grafted on branch. The Father cuts off anything that sucks all the nutrients from the (true) vine, like things that in my life
that doesn't produce any fruit, the job or friends, hobbies or entertainment etc. So there is less me (branch) and more fruit.
The fruit is for others. And I just hang out, (abide) empty, as the nutrients flow and and I just bear fruit. Jesus produces it, not me.
So the life from Jesus is shown by my bearing as I abide. Not I, but Christ. 
"As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine"
Another thing. When things seem to be going wrong, loss of a job or friend, truck breaking down etc, isn't always a result of sin.
It could simply be a blessing, from our Father, who loves His branches, pruning me again.
That job I lost may have steered my bad, or that friend. God had a better friend and job.
His ways vs our ways. (His is better, seeing the end from the beginning)
As far as the branch that bears no fruit being cut off, what that really means is..........
it is cut off. It is taking up nutrients  that could have born fruit,
and so worthless (for God's use), not even good for cooking it is burned.
As verse two says, the now worthless (to bear fruit) branch (in the vine, Christ) is burned.
Not lifted up and a rock placed under to help it as some commentators say, and so many other explanations of this subject.
You stole the scripture( I quoted above^^) I use for explaining this, 'taken away" in your long list. TAKEN +  AWAY
Concerning salvation, I believe where vs 2 says
"Every branch in me" means just that, in Christ, believers.
So, what happens to those believers that did not produce fruit and were cut off and  burned?

"If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire1 Corinthians 3:15

These are my beliefs, till the spirit tells me otherwise. Adios.....

May I suggest a little more critical thinking be applied to John 15:1-8.   Jesus give two examples of branches.  One type of branch bears fruit, which means they abide in Him.  The other type bears no fruit because they do not abide in Him.  You cannot apply the trying by fire of the believers works you point to for those who do not abide in Christ.  Those who are no longer in Him are no longer believers in Christ, so their works will not be tried by firs and the works of believers.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Wise guy, eh?   Lol.....thanks for the best laugh I have had since somebody said that Yoko Ono was underestimated as a singer/ songwriter ! If I ever find you , I will tie you to a chair with barbed wire , slice off your lips , force -feed you kitty litter , and after that I will make you listen to a 24 hour per day, continuous loop of “ Revolution # 9, and the only relief you will get is when I switch the music to my Custom- Edited “ Double Fantasy”  Album by John and Yoko Lennon......In my exclusive, edited version, I threw out John’s tunes and kept in  all of Yoko’s  shrieking ....enjoy!

For my  further revenge , you will be publicly stripped of your title as “ The Fifth Beatle”....... Hopefully , you will learn not to mess with “ BB” in the future....

• Haha 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I got the best avatar of all! Guaranteed! I’m  just too stupid to reduce the size so that it will go into the thingy....can a mod go to my profile page and get it where it belongs.....David is so hot to see my picture, he will promptly send anybody that will do this for BB $20.00.......Right,BeauOno?   Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah !!!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

29 minutes ago, OneLight said:

As for "which "verse" says the death of Jesus on the Cross is not sufficient to pay for my sins today", there are none. 

Voilà, ...finally, ...you said it!!!

There is NOT ONE SINGLE VERSE (not shouting,  ...caps used for clarity, ...thanks George) "in" God's Word that "says" or "teaches," ...the death of Jesus on the Cross is NOT sufficient to pay for my sins!!!

There's the PROOF!!!

Someone may go on and rant all they want about "repentance," ...but the TRUTH is, ...there is NO Scriptural basis for what they say...

A verse "out" of the context the Holy Spirit intended when He wrote it, ...is a "pretext" for someone's "personal" agenda...

I'll finish with reminding the "lurkers" reading this thread what the Holy Spirit reminds us of writing through the quill of Peter:

And think of the long-suffering of our Lord as salvation (as our beloved brother Paul also has written to you according to the wisdom given to him as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which the unlearned and unstable pervert, as also they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction).  2 Pet 3:15-16

Lurkers, ...be Bereans, 

And these (Bereans) were more noble than those of Thessalonica, in that they received the Word with all readiness of mind and searched the Scriptures daily to see if those things were so. Acts 17:11

Beloved, don't believe anything I say or anyone else may say, even George and the Mods,   :emot-shakehead: 

...I'm certain they will agree also, do your own Bible study and allow "only" the Holy Spirit to teach you "His" Truth of what "He" has said and how "He" intended it to be "believed " and "received:"

But the Anointing (Holy Spirit) which you received from Him abides in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as His Anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true and no lie, and as He has taught you, abide in Him. 1 John 2:27

Lord bless and keep you as you study "His" Word...

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

13 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I got the best avatar of all! Guaranteed! I’m  just too stupid to reduce the size so that it will go into the thingy....can a mod go to my profile page and get it where it belongs.....David is so hot to see my picture, he will promptly send anybody that will do this for BB $20.00.......Right,BeauOno?   Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah !!!

How about taking on the Uniblab avatar? Here you are. 

UNIBLAB_RUN_CYCLE.gif.1788edf343f49a23191684d42583e7da.gif