IGNORED

Learn a lesson from the Great Awakening ...

George

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

9 minutes ago, OneLight said:

If you were speaking the truth about me, you would not ignore the many times where I show you who I am.

I  see you, clearly.

How many more times will you continue to write "abide and repent", in ALL your posts that describe how you are trying to keep yourself saved?

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

14 hours ago, Debp said:

The above speaks of the doctrine of Sanctification.   Sanctification has nothing to do with how we are saved/born again.   We are justified and have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Let me try this one again.

I see the complete process, from salvation to the grave as being intertwined where one part is called salvation, where we are justified in Him, and then we grow through the sanctification process where there are many are many lessons to learn.  Part of the sanctification process requires us to continually take our spiritual inventory to ensure we remain in Him.  Though God is there every step of the way guiding us, we have to take the steps ourselves, just like a baby does when they learn to walk, then hop and skip, until they can run and jump.  There is no built in switch the Holy Spirit uses to automatically turn us from a brand new baby to a mature adult.

What some people don't like to hear is that we have a responsibility to allow the Holy Spirit to make changes.  Some of these changes come through repenting of sins we commit. 

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, OneLight said:

.  Part of the sanctification process requires us to continually take our spiritual inventory to ensure we remain in Him.

We are "in Christ" because we are born again.

Salvation, is finished at the start....We BEGIN, as the Righteousness of God in Christ.  There is no making that better or perfecting it..

So, what you are talking about is our discipleship that has no impact on the BLOOD Atonement that has already accomplished our Eternal Life and Redemption.

Your gospel of "adide and repent", is actually the error of  trying to keep yourself  saved by your self effort.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,942
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

Let me try this one again.

I see the complete process, from salvation to the grave as being intertwined where one part is called salvation, where we are justified in Him, and then we grow through the sanctification process where there are many are many lessons to learn.  Part of the sanctification process requires us to continually take our spiritual inventory to ensure we remain in Him.  Though God is there every step of the way guiding us, we have to take the steps ourselves, just like a baby does when they learn to walk, then hop and skip, until they can run and jump.  There is no built in switch the Holy Spirit uses to automatically turn us from a brand new baby to a mature adult.

What some people don't like to hear is that we have a responsibility to allow the Holy Spirit to make changes.  Some of these changes come through repenting of sins we commit. 

Yes, even though there are four distinct Gospel messages in the Bible they do overlap or intertwine as you have it, OneLight.

Four Gospel Messages:

1. The Good News of Salvation: In Christ we are rescued from sin's cause, curse, and consequence.
  2. The Good News of Reconciliation: In Christ we are restored to right relationship
  3. The Good News of Sanctification: In Christ we are cleansed of impurity
  4. The Good News of Hope: In Christ we are have access to God's grace and mercy.

The one thing that links these is the all sufficient, perpetually efficient sacrifice of Christ to purchase each of these for whosoever will believe in Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

IS  THIS  CONSTANT  BACK  AND  FORTH  OF  MOSTLY  MANS  THOUGHTS  A  GOOD  EXAMPLE  FOR  OTHERS---DID  JESUS  SOLICIT  ANY  ONES  OPINION

IS  THERE  ANY  INSIGHT  GIVEN  BY  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  THAT  THIS  IS  BEHAVIOUR  THAT  BECOMES  A  CHRISTIAN  OR  OF  THE  BRETHREN  

THE  FOLLOWING  ARE FROM  PAULS  LETTERS  AS  INSTRUCTED  BY  JESUS  CHRIST --- HAVE  WE  NOT  BEEN  INSTRUCTED  TO  TEACH  ALL  THE  WORDS  OF  THIS  LIFE 

ROMANS 1:1 paul a servant of  JESUS  CHRIST  called to be an apostle separated unto the gospel of  GOD    

--1:18-- for the wrath of  GOD  is revealed from heaven against all ---UNGODLINESS  AND  UNRIGHTEOUSNESS--- of men who hold the truth in unrighteousness 

1 TIMOTHY 2:2  for kings and for all that are in authority that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty 

TITUS  1:1  PAUL  A  SERVANT  OF  GOD  and an apostle of  JESUS  CHRIST  according to the faith of  GODS  elect  and the  ---ACKNOWLEDGING  OF  THE  TRUTH  WHICH  IS  AFTER-------GODLINESS

1 THESSALONIANS 4:1  further more then we beseech you brethren and exhort you by  THE  LORD  JESUS  that as you have received of us how you ---OUGHT  TO  WALK--- and to --PLEASE  GOD-- so you would abound more and more 

GALATIANS 1:10  for do I now persuade men or  GOD  or do I seek to please men for if I yet pleased men I should not be --THE  SERVANT  OF  CHRIST--

1 TIMOTHY 6:3  if  --any  man--  teach otherwise and consent not to wholesome words even the words of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST and to the doctrine which is according to godliness 

--6:6-- but godliness with contentment is great gain

2 CORINTHIANS 6:14  be you not unequally yoked together with unbelievers for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness and what communion hath light with darkness 

2 TIMOTHY 3:16 --ALL  SCRIPTURE-- is given by inspiration of  GOD  and is profitable for reproof for correction for instruction in righteousness 

ROMANS 6:16  know you not that to whom you yield yourselves to obey his servants you are to whom you obey whether of sin unto death or of obedience unto righteousness 

2 CORINTHIANS 3:7  but if the ministration of death written and engraven in stones was glorious so that the children of israel could not stedfastly behold the face of moses for the glory of his countenance which glory was to be done away

--3:8-- how shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious --3:9-- for if the ministration of condemnation be glory much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory 

ROMANS 5:17  for if by one mans offence death reigned by one much more they which receive abundance of ---GRACE  AND  OF  THE ---GIFT  OF  RIGHTEOUSNESS---shall reign in life by one -- JESUS  CHRIST --

--5:21-- that as sin hath reigned unto death even so might --GRACE--  reign  through  righteousness unto eternal life by  JESUS  CHRIST  OUR  LORD

COLOSSIANS 1:5  for the hope which is laid up for you in heaven whereof you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel  --1:6-- which is come unto you as it is in all the world and bringeth forth fruit as it does also in you since the day you heard of it and knew the grace of  GOD  in truth

2 THESSALONIANS 2:13   but we are bound to give thanks always to  GOD  for you brethren beloved of THE  LORD  because  GOD  hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the spirit and belief of the truth 

ROMANS 13:11  and that knowing the time that now it is high time to awake out of sleep for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PSALM 56:5  EVERY  DAY  THEY  WREST  MY  WORDS  ALL  THEIR  THOUGHTS  ARE  AGAINST  ME  FOR  EVIL 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  2,864

I remember hearing a hymn sung in the main church service every Sunday in church as a child before I lost my hearing that a saved person's life would show he or she was saved. There was a change in a saved person's life that others can visibly see. The more I read these threads, the more I have the impression from the once saved always saved camp, that after the initial believing and trusting Christ to save us part. No need to address  sins committed after that point. No need to change our behavior or attitudes. This comes from the wording of posts, themselves. Is this what you are intending to convey?

Just desiring to change without actually putting faith it into physical, emotional and spiritual practice is nothing more than giving God lip service. When King David sinned with Bathsheba, he lost fellowship with God and tried desperately for months to do everything except express remorse for his sin. As soon as he did, the fellowship with God was restored.

Anybody that says... after becoming a Christian, that any sin committed after conversion doesn't hinder our walk with God is fooling themselves. Even before I understood the gospel's full meaning I had never heard any preacher teaching that a sin committed by a Christian does not need to be addressed and dealt with, as I am hearing from people today.

No one disagrees that a sinner responding to the gospel is saved by grace. But a changed lifestyle that people can see follows. Not just a desire in the heart, but a full change in attitude and action must go with it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

40 minutes ago, appy said:

I remember hearing a hymn sung in the main church service every Sunday in church as a child before I lost my hearing that a saved person's life would show he or she was saved. There was a change in a saved person's life that others can visibly see. The more I read these threads, the more I have the impression from the once saved always saved camp, that after the initial believing and trusting Christ to save us part. No need to address  sins committed after that point. No need to change our behavior or attitudes. This comes from the wording of posts, themselves. Is this what you are intending to convey?

Just desiring to change without actually putting faith it into physical, emotional and spiritual practice is nothing more than giving God lip service. When King David sinned with Bathsheba, he lost fellowship with God and tried desperately for months to do everything except express remorse for his sin. As soon as he did, the fellowship with God was restored.

Anybody that says... after becoming a Christian, that any sin committed after conversion doesn't hinder our walk with God is fooling themselves. Even before I understood the gospel's full meaning I had never heard any preacher teaching that a sin committed by a Christian does not need to be addressed and dealt with, as I am hearing from people today.

No one disagrees that a sinner responding to the gospel is saved by grace. But a changed lifestyle that people can see follows. Not just a desire in the heart, but a full change in attitude and action must go with it.

Appy, if this is what you believe you are hearing, then i believe you are misinterpreting. Once a sinner is saved, his life should be illustrating a changed life. What OSAS is saying is that it is no longer under compulsion that we change. It is no longer that we have to change or else. It is an inward willingness and desire to change because we understand the cost Jesus paid, out of his love to save us. Jesus is not interested in our outward compliance. He is not interested in the number of sins we check off in a checkbox---and btw, we couldn't reduce the number of sins in us even if we wanted to. Many believe that Jesus is way over there someplace, and we are separated from him because of the uncountable number of sins we have. Many think, "Gee, if I could remove half those sins, that distance between us and God will diminish." We do not realize that tomorrow, 35  more wheelbarrows of sins are dumped right back into our laps. God is not interested in numbers. He wants our heart, soul, mind, and strength, and the man saved by his grace grasps how much Christ loves us because of the cross. Paul said, "Boast in the cross." He did not say we couldn't boast. We can boast. Boast in the Cross; and to the extent that we do, we want all the more to follow him, to love him, to be obedient with our entire being.  No longer because there will be Hell to pay, but because there will be eternity with Him to gain. We no longer think according to the old flesh, but we become a whole other person that longs to be in our Father's lap out of joy, not fear!

Edited by Coliseum
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,310
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

5 hours ago, appy said:

The more I read these threads, the more I have the impression from the once saved always saved camp, that after the initial believing and trusting Christ to save us part. No need to address  sins committed after that point. No need to change our behavior or attitudes.

No, the above is not true.   You have misinterpreted.

There are people here who are teaching the blood of Christ only covers the sins we do before we are saved.   That is ridiculous....the blood atonement of Jesus is more than sufficient to cover all of our sins!

As one who believes in eternal security, I am appalled that some are teaching the blood of Jesus is not sufficient.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Debp said:

No, the above is not true.   You have misinterpreted.

There are people here who are teaching the blood of Christ only covers the sins we do before we are saved.   That is ridiculous....the blood atonement of Jesus is more than sufficient to cover all of our sins!

As one who believes in eternal security, I am appalled that some are teaching the blood of Jesus is not sufficient.

Augustinian 'sin doctrine' permeates the church. It is Horrible. He was a horrible and misguided guy and so he was popular because the church for thousands of years could now 'officially' keep people on a never ending guilt trip. The principalities and powers love this and so these doctrines became a bastion of the church and are still taught today. Many believers have been taught the wrong way and it diminishes the Lord and His Salvation. It is deliberate. It is anathema!

• Followers:  23
  • Content Count:  2,864

I do think people home in on one sentence and stop reading because they are too anxious to answer too quickly. I NEVER said anything about trying to be good enough. I didn't misinterpret. You and I know very well that when we mess us, the Holy Spirit tells us about it, and reminds us what God's word says about an offense (sin) committed. And that it needs to be addressed and dealt with.  NOT ignored. 

Please notice that what I had post is saying the same as you.

7 hours ago, appy said:

6 hours ago, Coliseum said:

Once a sinner is saved, his life should be illustrating a changed life.