• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

On 5/27/2020 at 4:49 PM, xyluz said:

Hello @Jason Yzaguirre 

Thank you for your response. I have a follow up question (from your response - quoted above), is it possible for God to want us to be poor? or want us to experience loss?

Does that not go against His word and promises for us?

Peter wrote that we would not be surprised at having trials......and in Hebrews 12 it says  the Lord chastises who He loves and receives as sons that we may share in His holiness.  The Lord knows what He is doing, we can trust Him.

1Pe 4:12-13

Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.

But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

1Pe 4:1-2

Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

Heb 12:5-13

And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  0

Psalm 70:5 King James Version (KJV)

But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou art my help and my deliverer; O Lord, make no tarrying.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

On 5/25/2020 at 4:26 AM, xyluz said:

This morning, a question came to my mind (due to some situations around), and I could not answer the question, so, here it is, i'll appreciate all scripture based definitions... 

What is the difference between Wishful Thinking and Faith?

Looking forward to your responses.

:) Thank you.

Wishful thinking is equivalent to an intellectual belief. This wishful thinking is based on what I call an about knowledge. This about knowledge is everything that is written in the letter of scripture. All that’s in scripture is knowledge about what I can have in the realm of potential or possibilities.

Even though everything has been done already and predestined from the foundation of the world doesn’t mean I have the actual possession of these possibilities. This about knowledge only gives me a knowledge of what I can have. True faith or belief possess these things by either a manifestation of these things in our life or by and through the Holy Spirit that makes these things a reality through our spontaneous obedience.

I can’t take the obedience of someone else’s  spontaneity with God and make it my own unless the Holy Spirit works it in me first then I have my own spontaneity coming directly from God and not from just a response to the letter of scripture wanting or wishing it would happen to me or someone else just because I read it in the Bible. I have to live by my own faith and not by someone else’s.