IGNORED

Will we see an upswing in Covid-19 cases due to the protest and riots?

OneLight

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Worship is at the heart of the gathering, so I'm all for it.

No clue how you equate a railing designed to keep people from falling off a roof to an illness, seems like a stretch to me.  Personally the only scripture even comparable to this type of circumstance that comes to my mind would be found in the instructions of Leviticus.

II Timothy 1:6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, 7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

I don't know about anyone else, but I know I wasn't given a spirit of fear, and I think that's at the heart of this.  The story of my life is already written, and I trust the one who authored it in regards to my well being.  If it is God's plan for me to die of the coronavirus, then that is exactly how I am going to die, and I'm fine with that.  This is why I don't think about the odds of death by car accident every time I get in a car, (which by the way, is exponentially more likely than dying from coronavirus), and it is also why I don't cower in fear during flu season (which by the way, would be about 4 times more likely to claim my life than the coronavirus).  If people are going to hide away from each other behind closed doors, holding everyone at arm's length for the rest of their days, they really aren't living anymore anyway.

Its not about fear for ourselves. Its not about us at all. Its about showing Love for our neighbour by protecting others from an virus germs we may carry on our clothing or body or breathe out. Especially if we are asymptomatic.

On 6/3/2020 at 8:17 AM, wingnut- said:

It is hard to fathom any circumstance in which healthy people need to be quarantined.

to stop them transmitting it to unhealthy people. The weak, the disabled, the elderly, those with faulty immune systems.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

On 6/3/2020 at 10:20 AM, OneLight said:

Over time, medical researches fo find a cure for some viruses.  I had Hep-C and am now considered free of the virus. 

Hey brother, good to chat with you again.

I think we have to be cautious in regards to how in the last half century or so, those who consider themselves to be intellectually superior have taken to redefining words.  In this case, the word cure has become a victim in many cases.  I know of zero viruses in existence that have been eradicated, but if you have any examples that you have heard I am more than happy to research the matter.

In regards to the Hep-C, the choice of wording is particularly important when the term "free of" is substituted for "cured".  My only question would be this,  are you allowed to donate blood to the Red Cross?

12 minutes ago, leah777 said:

to stop them transmitting it to unhealthy people.

What does a healthy person have to transmit?

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

What does a healthy person have to transmit?

I had hoped you would know by now that the virus can be transmitted through touching objects. In stores, on surfaces, in cars, on clothing etc. Virus lives for up to 3 days on an object, on mail, for example, or groceries. A healthy person can touch something, brush up against it with their clothing or a shopping bag and then transmit it to someone else. That person it is transmitted to may not be immune to the virus, and may get sick or even die. This is why PPE and very strict hygiene is used and wiping down surfaces and groceries etc.

A person can think they are asymptomatic, and then spread the virus widely before getting sick. Some people dont ever get sick, but spread the virus on their bodies or the way I have said in the first paragraph. In Europe many thousands have caught it this way.

1 hour ago, leah777 said:

Its not about fear for ourselves. Its not about us at all. Its about showing Love for our neighbour by protecting others from an virus germs we may carry on our clothing or body or breathe out. Especially if we are asymptomatic.

So you've been behaving this way your entire life then?  Because the flu virus kills more people every year by far.  I've been forced my entire life to work beside people who are sick, noses running, coughing, sneezing, wheezing cesspools of germs that came to work regardless of their physical state.  Most do so because they have no choice, employers who are only concerned about their bottom line  terminate people for missing work, and since most people now live paycheck to paycheck they simply can't afford to miss a day of work, or worse, lose their jobs.  Where has all the concern been?

There certainly wasn't any concern shown from leadership or government then.  In fact, here in the states we've ironically been in the midst of what has become a political battle about the matter of controlling our borders which is advocated for specifically because of these type of risks.  There was a time when we were far more intelligent than today, despite all of our advances in medicine and technology which should make it much easier to manage immigration and quarantines.  Back in simpler times, you couldn't just step off the boat when you arrived on the shores of this country, you had to pass a medical examination before you were unleashed on the masses.  If a person had lice they were quarantined to protect the citizens at that time, but no, not now.

Quarantining healthy people is the most absurd thing I've ever heard of, and there is not one logical reason for it.  As far as loving other people, what are your thoughts about the dramatic increase in suicides because of this pandemic?  What do you say to all the people who are financially ruined?  We haven't even begun to see the overall impact this is going to have long term, but considering all the businesses that will never recover and the economic impact this has taken on the majority it is fairly clear already that more lives will be lost to the unnecessary quarantine than the virus will claim.  The numbers don't lie.

• This is Worthy 1

9 minutes ago, leah777 said:

I had hoped you would know by now that the virus can be transmitted through touching objects.

And I would assume you would know the flu is passed in the same way.  I would hope that you take the time to learn about what a virus is, and accept the fact that it is here to stay, forever.  Long before the vast majority of nations and people were forced into this unnecessary quarantine of healthy people, the very people who have taken on the role of dictators already told everyone that the virus would subside in the summer, and that it would resurface again in the fall.  I've already explained to you why that is, ignoring this fact doesn't make it any less true.  The reality of the situation is simple, you can either choose to hide inside the four walls you call home for the rest of your life, or you can start living again.  Nothing about my life has changed from day one of this thing, I go out in public regularly, I interact with people regularly, still corona free, as is my elderly mother that I take care of.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

8 hours ago, wingnut- said:

Hey brother, good to chat with you again.

I think we have to be cautious in regards to how in the last half century or so, those who consider themselves to be intellectually superior have taken to redefining words.  In this case, the word cure has become a victim in many cases.  I know of zero viruses in existence that have been eradicated, but if you have any examples that you have heard I am more than happy to research the matter.

In regards to the Hep-C, the choice of wording is particularly important when the term "free of" is substituted for "cured".  My only question would be this,  are you allowed to donate blood to the Red Cross?

Don't know.  I don't donate blood unless there is a life and death situation, and then I would have to wonder if they would even care as long as the person lives.  Do you think a dying person that is bleeding out would care if I once was considered to have Hep-C? 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/2/2020 at 7:38 PM, OneLight said:

For many days I have watched how Covid-19 social distancing and stay at home suggestions have been completely ignored while people gather for both the protesting and late night rioting.  I began to wonder if we will begin to see a spike of new cases in a week or two because of this disregard for covid-19 warnings?

2137074175_ScreenShot2020-06-07at10_30_21PM.png.0a64817075b12b702d60d9ac59b82492.png

So what we have been seeing, is that daily reported cases of Covid-19, have been increasing, even before the protests, when everyone was wearing masks, and social distancing.  There is a clear upward trend, from the start of April to the end of May.

So given that there is almost no evidence that the lock down has worked in any way at actually reducing the spread...

Sure, I think that cases will continue to increase, until we start having the herd immunity effect start to take place.

As soon as it becomes harder for Covid to find new hosts that are not resistant, then cases will start to drop.

Whatever is floating around, that we were 'containing' covid.... not in the data.   Not in the data at all.  Once Covid reached all the major population centers it has been spreading at an increasing rate, fairly consistently since the end of March.

We never had it contained, nor were we able to even reduce the speed of it's spread.  In fact, it was increasing the speed of its spread.

I'm convinced that at this point, that this specific illness is simply too contagious to ever contain it.  It will keep going until we reach herd immunity.

Then it will end up like the flu, where every year or two, it will pop back up.  I don't think it will ever be contained.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/2/2020 at 4:38 PM, OneLight said:

For many days I have watched how Covid-19 social distancing and stay at home suggestions have been completely ignored while people gather for both the protesting and late night rioting.  I began to wonder if we will begin to see a spike of new cases in a week or two because of this disregard for covid-19 warnings?

I believe it will make a big effect on the virus spread. These mostly violent protests are nothin' but servicin' personal desire and at the risk of others.

Just my two bits,  JJ