shortangel

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

today in Eastern OR somebody has organized a protest with the org Black Lives Matter,  I don't know what will happen here because my area of Eastern OR has always been a peaceful town without any incidents,  what is everyone's perspective here on the protests around the U.S.???

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Content Per Day:  1.39

29 minutes ago, shortangel said:

today in Eastern OR somebody has organized a protest with the org Black Lives Matter,  I don't know what will happen here because my area of Eastern OR has always been a peaceful town without any incidents,  what is everyone's perspective here on the protests around the U.S.???

That is too bad that they are starting to have protests were you live.   

My personal prospective is that yes those police officers were corrupt but not all police officers are bad, I am friends with quite a few very nice police officers.   Around here some people destroyed a shoe store just because they are mad, and in the mood for vandalizing.   The sad thing is it makes me feel less bad for them because they just take it out on innocent people, and anyone losses my respect instantly.   I personally think that anyone who is trespassing and vandalizing should be shot if it is on your own property.   The other thing is, is that what about when a Caucasian person gets shot by police I do not see us doing protests, and being in the news.    Sadly all we can do right now mostly is pray for wisdom of our leaders and that the protests will stop.   

God bless.

Edited by IloveyouGod.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.53

55 minutes ago, shortangel said:

I just said a prayer for you. My neighborhood has always been peaceful and there was a protest in the last few days which started out peaceful and then turned violent and  

dozens of stores were broken into. Btw, it was a black lives matter event but it was all white kids and they vandalized and looted. I belive these protests are of the devil.

The police officer responsible for the man’s death was arrested and the  others were charged. Why the continued protests? And data shows that in the end these riots hurt these communities because  police stop responding to 911 calls in certain neighborhoods. 

• Thumbs Up 2

that's why i'm so concerned because this area of Eastern OR has never had any rioting or looting here before :( they are still in the process of reopening stores from having them closed because of Covid-19,  thank you for everyone's perspectives so far

Edited by shortangel
no r

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I'm an outside disinterested (i.e. I'm interested but it doesn't affect me personally) observer, and this is European perspective - just some points.

1. It seems you are far more likely to be shot dead by police in the USA if you are not white.
  2. It seems that the non-whites, given the history of the USA, have few grounds for expecting to be treated to equally.
  3. The right to the take to the streets to protest is an important democratic right.
  4. There are people who will try to use protest as a way of furthering their own ends - whether that is political or as simple as being able to loot.

I am white, according to the world. My wife and therefore children and grandchildren are not. While I understand very much that so-called race is an important facet of the American outlook, I think it is a very odd concept. Biologically speaking, there is only one race. The human race that Jesus died. Skin colour is no more a significant differentiatior than eye colour. (Culture is a separate matter).

TL;DR Do not be afraid. Have compassion and empathy.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,234
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Praying... seems every time a protest like this happens.. looting happens also.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

10 hours ago, shortangel said:

My perspective is... I have a 9mm for my protection, and I pray the Lord grants favor that I won't have to defend myself.

Just being honest.  The protests have gone out of control, and people have died.  Be wise.  Think smart.  If things look bad, pack some clothes and rent a motel room outside the city.

Not joking.  The police will not help you.  They are letting the looters and rioters go crazy.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,254
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Things like this renews my respect for Martin Luther King.  He managed to keep it all peaceful and respectful.  He didn't try to work people up to form a mob.    If you took the time to read Alinsky's Rules for Radicals, which was dedicated to satan, you will know where this stuff is coming from.  They have Community Organizers like Obama who get people on busses to go to vulnerable cities to do these protests.  They are professionals in propaganda and manipulation to form a mob mentality.  And they use any problem that arises just to keep people angry and ready to blame a scape goat.  When I did my term paper on this I started studying advertising tactics as well.  It was the most eye opening worthwhile study I have ever done. 

• Thumbs Up 1

thank you for shareing your perspectives

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

Tien Nan Men was horrible but it saved the Chinese from falling into endless riots n destruction. If police dare not use force to keep innocent people safe, be a baby sitter.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 1