IGNORED

George Floyd

Yes a great wrong has been committed. No question. 

However- he was a giant. 6ft 6 inch tall. Criminal history. 46 years old so at the very peak of strength. 

Worth thinking about anyone faced with a man of that size and weight with seconds to decide action. Police face severe injury and death anytime. 

Nobody should die as he did of course. But context is an essential element. Yes there is a lot of injustice and such wrongs but - this man had once held a gun to a pregnant woman, done time in prison. 

Let's have all aspects out in the light of examination. Not paint a onesided picture. That too is dangerous. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.91
  • Days Won:  3

The cop had his knee on his neck, and  suffocated him to death. Even after he lost consciousness the cop continue to have his knee on his neck.  Even after they called 911 for an ambulance. The cop still had his knee on his neck.  How can anyone be okay with this? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  1

No apply this to our own position with respect to God.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

I don't think anyone is suggesting they are "okay what this".  I think the OP is wanting to discuss the facts while eliminating the emotions.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  901
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Melinda12 said:

Yes there is a lot of injustice and such wrongs but - this man had once held a gun to a pregnant woman, done time in prison. 

I think it is amazing how the Lord can touch people's hearts and turn their lives around....

The Apostle Paul when he was still called Saul.. how the Lord appeared before him..?

How changed Paul's /saul's  life became after that..?

Mr. Floyd is not the Apostle Paul.... but did the Lord touch his heart?  Was he also a changed person?

Perhaps?  I dont know for certain.  But perhaps something to consider too maybe?

Just some thoughts.

Thanks.

Edited by just_abc

I don’t think that anyone is saying that he deserved what happened to him. There’s now speculation that he and the cop knew each other, had actually worked together and that this was a “hit.” What the OP was sayings was that George was not an innocent in all this, which is what the protestors and the MSM is making him out to be.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.91
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting they are "okay what this".  I think the OP is wanting to discuss the facts while eliminating the emotions.

Okay. I can do that.  Police are to protect and serve.  While I do understand they need to protect themselves  as well as the public.  This was crossing the line. The was man laying on the ground and  handcuffed. Even if he got up and ran he would not have gotten very far being handcuffed. And he was unarmed I believe  as well.  Besides that, once he was unconsciousness I do not think he would be going anywhere.  The cop should have stop  and if he had stop at that moment, maybe this would have had a different outcome.

Okay is this better with less emotions.