IGNORED

Three Questions Desperately Needing to be Answered ....

Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

As believers we should remember that there is always a way out of every temptation; 1 Corinthians 10:13, therefore when tempted we should think about and look for that way out.

We should consider ourselves dead to sin, and by faith realize that we have a new nature that is only truly satisfied in new ways, our old ways therefore will no longer truly satisfy.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

28 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Do you not find that strange? 

Yes, I find it strange that you have not found these posts.

29 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Could it be that we are those referred to, those who have a form of godliness, but our lives in outer observance deny the power of godliness to a world desperately needing witnesses of God's transforming ability?  Indeed it could. 

not in my case

This new thread is a re-hash of all your previous thread. Still not using the word'some' or 'many'. Still accusing us on here of not being proper Christians, while pretending the opposite.

Judging your brethren in Christ is not good. You have been told about this on many such threads.

32 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Three questions needing to be answered but almost never heard asked-

1) How do I stop yielding to sin? 

2) How do I become holy? 

3) How do I abide in Jesus and actually know Him in deep intimacy, rather than just talk about Him? 

I suggest you search more deeply on here. Such matters are constantly discussed.

And no, I am not going to do the searching for you to defend my assertions. Is straw man postings again from you.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

31 minutes ago, leah777 said:

not in my case

This new thread is a re-hash of all your previous thread. Still not using the word'some' or 'many'. Still accusing us on here of not being proper Christians, while pretending the opposite.

Judging your brethren in Christ is not good. You have been told about this on many such threads.

I suggest you search more deeply on here. Such matters are constantly discussed.

And no, I am not going to do the searching for you to defend my assertions. Is straw man postings again from you.

I agree with you. I find him out of line unfortunately. And we all know we are dead to sin. It means we are alive in christ. And christ is our life now. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

25 minutes ago, leah777 said:

not in my case

Some will have ears to hear now. Some later. Sone, not at all. 

You take this as an accusation. It is not. It is a plea to awake to righteousness. God had a way for each of us to overcome, but first we must admit we need it. Paul, trapped in his old nature, was found in Romans 7 desperate and miserable, a wretched man. He cried out for the deliverer, Jesus, to set him free indeed just as Jesus had promised. And praise God He did. Rhe man who once bemoaned that the things he wanted to do, he did not, was later found to declare boldly "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." That rest remains for every single child of God. 

Jesus said, "He that commits sin is a slave to it." What He promised us was true freedom, victory over the power of the enemy every time when satan comes tempting and accusing. Are we walking there. Do we even believe it possible? For most, not yet. But praise God, He is even now beginning to awaken the saints to who they are in Christ. 

The truth is, however, that presently there are but few yet who truly believe that and are standing on the promises of God to cause them to walk as obedient children every single time. 

Victory over the world, the flesh and the devil has been "optional" up till now, and if most are truly honest, they do not even think such a place exists this side of Heaven. But glory to God, it does exist, and in the days to come, it will be an absolute necessity we walk there, bot by our keeping ourselves, but Him IN US keeing us from fallinf, even as He promised us. . 

What is the sin of the modern church? Simply unbelief. We have limited tge Holy One of Israel. We have  assumed faith to be a static thing. We got saved by faith and checked that box off. What we have not realized is our faith must grow. We have been called to exercise that faith by grabbing hold of the promises of God, for it in this way He had destined our transformation into His image. 

The question is, do we want that? The Lord tells us that presenting our bodies as living sacrifices is our reasonable service as children of God. Do we agree with that? Not just mentally, but practically? Are we truly setting our affections on things above, not on things of the earth? 

These questions are difficult ones and I fully realize not exactly pleasant to be confronted with. I get it. But I cannot stress the importance of getting before God to see if our ways are His ways. Jude exhorts us to earnestly contend for the faith that was once delivered to the saints. That  time is upon us, like it or not. 

blessings to you, 

Gids

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Maybe it's just me friend, but your post appears to come through as judgemental of folks using this site. In fact, most of your posts, that I have read come through in the same manner. I hope it wasn't your intention to come across this way. You do make some interesting observations and make some valid points, just leave judgement to our Lord.

Just my two bits,  JJ

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

3 hours ago, Gideon said:

Three questions needing to be answered but almost never heard asked-

2) How do I become holy? 

3) How do I abide in Jesus and actually know Him in deep intimacy, rather than just talk about Him? 

These questions have been answered by many here, myself two of them, in some of your past posts.
However you just ignored them, and just keep on preaching.
As I have said more than once to you, I appreciate your zest and enthusiasm to preach the word.
However, I do not read much anymore of your long sermons you post.
I have a feeling you're preaching to yourself, and seeking answers that put words to action. Your walk.
But your preaching is to many seasoned veterans in Christ's army here. Making unwarranted assumptions.
I didn't come here to hear preaching, I go to my church to hear my pastor preach to his flock.
Would rather hear a tiny nugget of wisdom that I can get my teeth around, than to hear another sermon.
I have a feeling there are many here who are not rookie Christians, but who have grown in wisdom over the years.
People I know who have been Christians for quite some time, who have been to hell and back, working out
their salvation, living a quiet life serving the Lord as being led by the spirit, dealing with temptation as led by scriptural truth.
We don't live on the mountain tops, but valleys, in every day life, with our families, struggling, and blessings, with our thanks to God.
My victories over sin are God's victories, NOT I, but Christ, who lives in me, enabling me to 'do ALL THINGS' through Him.
I can not do it. Jesus said so. I do not work for Jesus to sin less. But as I abide, (constantly acknowledging Him,
deferring to His presence) letting HIM work it out, THROUGH me, then there is victory. Well done is better than well said.

"You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.  Remain in me, as I also remain in you.
No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing"
John 15, 3-5

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

3 hours ago, Gideon said:

that is the sin of the modern church? Simply unbelief. We have limited tge Holy One of Israel. We have  assumed faith to be a static thing. We got saved by faith and checked that box off. What we have not realized is our faith must grow. We have been called to exercise that faith by grabbing hold of the promises of God, for it in this way He had destined our transformation into His image. 

Amen and amen. Shalom.

Edited by branchesofHim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

7 hours ago, Gideon said:

How do I stop yielding to sin? 

2) How do I become holy? 

Good questions, pity I don't have the answer.

All I can do is say God knows our weaknesses yet he still saved us, still forgives us.

As an old puritan once wrote:-

If you want extra ordinary experiences of God, enlarge your ordinary devotions.

From the parable of the talents, it is not that we succeed, but that we try.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

8 hours ago, Gideon said:

2) How do I become holy? 

1. Follow His words in faith. The Holy Spirit will guide, unless He is not in you? Persevere until the day we meet Him.

2. By true faith in Him, we become righteous in the eyes of God.

3. By prayer and thanksgiving, through faith in Him.

Good questions, good reminders. God told us to keep questioning ourselves whether we are in faith. Our faith grows while questioning ourselves whether we are in the faith. Thanks God for His teachings!

James said, faith without good works is dead faith.
Good works without faith is dead as well.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you, unless indeed you fail the test?

Edited by Wesley L