IGNORED

Three Questions Desperately Needing to be Answered ....

Gideon

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

All I know is, when I'm fellowship with my Creator in prayer, and meditating on his book--I've heard these called the "uplink" and "downlink"--I'm comforted & reassured, and the things that normally bother me have gone away. Best of all, I'm in a state of mind where I want to be the best human being I can be, sharing, considerate of others, treating others fairly, etc. 

I say this as someone who doesn't attain to this state as often as he'd like--certainly not as often as I should. I think it helps to take it a day at a time, treating each day as if it were your whole life. 

Just my two cents.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  413
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 6/19/2020 at 4:16 AM, Gideon said:

The duty of a watchman is to keep his eyes on the horizon, and if he sees what others do not yet see, to warn them that danger approaches. 

Good morning Gideon:

You words about "yielding to sin" are vague and as a "watchman" you should be more specific.  What type of sin do you refer?  Who is committing this sin?  What attitude toward sin is being shown?  Are you referring to people in general who are sinning or people in this forum?  A watchman has the duty to warn others of spiritual dangers (and we appreciate these warnings), but a watchman needs to be specific in his warnings so that other erring ones can duly be warned.  If lack of specificity does not occur, then it is as if a watchman is "blind" or "voiceless" like a dog that can not bark (see Isaiah 56:10).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

14 hours ago, Gideon said:

We have fallen for a lie that God does not expect us to do anything.

Just an example:
If you had said "Some/many have fallen for a lie that God does not expect us to do anything". That would be the truth.
Now you said "We have fallen for a lie that God does not expect us to do anything". That sentence is not totally true / is generalizing too much.

On the other hand.
God has recently taught me to listen to truths no matter who the messenger is of that truth.
Because truth always comes from Him. Obeying to truth is obeying to God, regardless of the messenger.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

13 minutes ago, Wesley L said:

Just an example:
If you had said "Some/many have fallen for a lie that God does not expect us to do anything". That would be the truth.
Now you said "We have fallen for a lie that God does not expect us to do anything". That sentence is not totally true / is generalizing too much.

On the other hand.
God has recently taught me to listen to truths no matter who the messenger is of that truth.
Because truth always comes from Him. Obeying to truth is obeying to God, regardless of the messenger.

On 6/19/2020 at 4:10 AM, Wesley L said:

1. Follow His words in faith. The Holy Spirit will guide, unless He is not in you? Persevere until the day we meet Him.

2. By true faith in Him, we become righteous in the eyes of God.

3. By prayer and thanksgiving, through faith in Him.

Good questions, good reminders. God told us to keep questioning ourselves whether we are in faith. Our faith grows while questioning ourselves whether we are in the faith. Thanks God for His teachings!

James said, faith without good works is dead faith.
Good works without faith is dead as well.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you, unless indeed you fail the test?

There are none perfect, no not even one   Is that make imperfection OK.  No ! Jesus said come to the throne room of grace.  HEB 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the Throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

With all respect I think it's all pretty clear that most folks here know that the Holy Spirit sees right through all of us who are believers.There is nothing we can hide from God our Father who is well aware of our strengths and weaknesses and our sincerity in correcting our sinful nature, simply because "12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword,it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit,joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitude of the heart.13.Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight.Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account."(N.IV. Heb.4:12-13).

On the positive side regarding the intention behind this post a good reminder to some of us might indeed forget that Christ is well aware of our deeds and thoughts and possibly do fall into the meaning of "for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of my God."(Rev 3:2b).

I would understand this in the light of "if the shoe fits" .And yes these are questions which we must continually ask ourselves as we walk with Christ, not so much whether others are or are not sincere or not.All will come out in the wash.

• Followers:  19
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

Leah, my intention was not to single you out as such, but that you made this comment as to why you think the level of education had anything at all to do with what was posted. Whether it be a "professor or a pauper who hears "the word" believes and repents of their sin, they understand their error of life, and turns to Jesus, then they are saved. If you think Gideon  is out to harangue believers, you aren't seeing what he is trying to get across to us. It definitely isn't an attack of any sort, just his desire for all of us to get into a better place in God, just saying, God bless. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, BibleStudent100 said:

Good morning Gideon:

You words about "yielding to sin" are vague and as a "watchman" you should be more specific.  What type of sin do you refer?  Who is committing this sin?  What attitude toward sin is being shown?  Are you referring to people in general who are sinning or people in this forum?  A watchman has the duty to warn others of spiritual dangers (and we appreciate these warnings), but a watchman needs to be specific in his warnings so that other erring ones can duly be warned.  If lack of specificity does not occur, then it is as if a watchman is "blind" or "voiceless" like a dog that can not bark (see Isaiah 56:10).

Does it truly matter what sin one yields themselves to? The Holy Spirit is our "umpire". He whispers is His still small voice to avoid an action.  We are tempted to disobey and yet God tells us we can endure  it without yielding and then provides a way of escape so we do not yield to it. We ignore it and continue on our path, not THE path. 

No matter what the sin, however, what is the root sin? Unbelief. God's promises are clear. He asks that we believe them. It is one thing to say "Lord, I believe. Help thou my unbelief."  That pleases God to no end. But it is quite another to simply deny the promises can work. 

So many love to excuse their disobedience by saying that no one is perfect. But thst is not the issue at all. The issue is the heart. Does it long to be free indeed, or simply forgiven? 

Far too many are living Romans 7 lives with total acceptance and contentment. Paul was neither. He came to the place he hated his old carnal nature. He knew God promised deliverance,  and his heart gave God no rest until that deliverance came. 

Do we remember the question Jesus asked the lame man at the pool of Bethesda? 

"Would you be made whole?"

The man, like so many, did not answer, but instead began to make excuses.

He is asking each one of us that question. Do we want to be holy, or just remain nice, saved, pew warmers?What burns inside us? Free indeed is offered. What we cannot yet see however is that soon, free indeed will be indispensable.

That is what I have been given to share as a watchman. Each will do with it as they will. 

blessings,

Gids

Edited by Gideon
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

To be blunt.. is it not a tad late for YOU to be asking these questions? :D just playing

1) How do I stop yielding to sin? :| That question right there.. you know the first question you would be asked :) what sin are you giving into?

2) How do I become holy? :| we put on the new man which after God is created in righteousness and true HOLINESS. I am holy :) song comes to mind "What do I know of Holy? What do I know of wounds that will heal my shame? And a God who gave life it's name? What do I know of Holy? Of the One who the angels praise? All creation knows Your name On earth and heaven above What do I know of this love?" And have you searched on this? Yeah.. answers are all over the place. Song "seven steps to the holy Spirit its easy if you try" <----he was not making fun but.. so many have all theses things steps you can do

3) How do I abide in Jesus and actually know Him in deep intimacy, rather than just talk about Him? How did you get to know your friends or spouse on and on?  God talks.. HE thinks.. ever ask Him "so.. what ya thinking about?" Or the like? did you mean it? The moment you do.. the moment He knows your serous... hold on! Ever just sit and listen? Ya have to make sure there is NOTHING between you and him. So repent so forth pray.. praise Him.. and listen. Keep doing that. See we play games.. so many times we say something we really don't mean. So its not that GOD does not want to talk.. were just not serous. Just what are YOU willing to give up an lose? Duh.. He knows its price we need to pay. Oh.. the reward.. praise GOD glory to Jesus.. Song comes to mind again "Which is funny, everyone will sleep in the pews, Then blame God for our problems like He's sleepin' on you ,We turn our backs on Him; what do you expect Him to do? It's hard to answer prayers when nobody's prayin' to you, I look around at this world we walk on, It's a smack in the face; don't ever tell me there's no God". What I like about the song is "its hard to answer prayers when nobody's praying to you". Before that was.. we only call on Him when we need Him. As long as everything is going ok.. we don't talk to Him.

Yet if He opened our eyes.. that part that would hurt so much is.. Hes been there day and night.. no one talking to Him. LOVE YOU JESUS! Always repent..

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Heybro said:

Leah, my intention was not to single you out as such, but that you made this comment as to why you think the level of education had anything at all to do with what was posted. Whether it be a "professor or a pauper who hears "the word" believes and repents of their sin, they understand their error of life, and turns to Jesus, then they are saved. If you think Gideon  is out to harangue believers, you aren't seeing what he is trying to get across to us. It definitely isn't an attack of any sort, just his desire for all of us to get into a better place in God, just saying, God bless. 

I directly quoted Gideon describing the 120 as uneducated. We do not know this.

My point is that Gideon continually brings in statements as facts, of all kinds, which are not facts, to help his character assassination and sweeping generalisations of all Christians.

He puts all in same basket of badness, with no recognition or acknowledgement of true Christians. To him, all are bad.

Have you read his numerous threads of how all are no good Christians? 

Edited by leah777

• Followers:  19
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

Leah, thank you for your reply and in answer, yes, I have read most of Gideon's posts and I see things that others do not, we do have have our different understandings, admittedly, and these we should bring before The Lord and ask for understanding, if we don't understand. I don't agree with you that Gideon is calling us "all bad," he, like me, just wants us to come into a place of being more mature in our walk with Jesus, after all, our lives should be more of Him and less of us. Isn't that what John the Baptist said, "He must increase, I must decrease." Blessings.

• Thumbs Up 2