IGNORED

Has anyone prayed for AGES for healing and never got it?

Ineedhugs

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I have schizophrenia, it's pretty bad because one of the symptoms is i don't talk much. I talk probably about 25% of a normal person. I used to be normal before this. So that leads to boredom and i can't maintain a girlfriend or friends although i can still do activities with people and there is some talking. Despite this i'm still happy, surprising i know. I'm not angry with God and yell at him and i never will. I'm sure that there is a reason, beyond my ability to understand, that makes sense why i have it. God is good. 

Anyway, i pray everyday to be healed. But it occurs to me that some people just never get healed. Like i was watching day-star the other day, which is a christian channel, and this old preacher was saying that he knows a very Godly man who was a pastor for decades. Anyway, this Godly pastor got paralysis in his old age and despite prayers, never got healed. This also makes me think about the rich man and Lazarus. Now Lazarus was right with God and got into heaven but his earthly life was terrible and he only got relief when he died. He was a beggar covered in sores who longed to eat the crumbs that fell from the rich mans table. God allowed his life to be this way. Maybe i'll be healed....maybe i won't, time will tell.

Anyway guys, is anyone reading this been praying for ages for healing and never got it? Or maybe you did get it? Please tell.  

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,407
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I think we've all had things we've prayed for and didn't get at some point. Paul, the guy who wrote much of the New Testament, spoke of it in II Corinthians 12. It's worth a read.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

30 minutes ago, Ineedhugs said:

anyone reading this been praying for ages for healing and never got it? Or maybe you did get it? Please tell.  

Not me but my last pastor's wife we prayed for her for over twenty years, she was never healed and she knew pain and the indignity of being crippled by osteoarthritis. 

The example we are given is Paul and the thorn in his flesh that enabled God's grace to be seen in his life.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

@Ineedhugs Personally I haven't experienced any person to be healed by prayer. But I have experienced other prayers to be replied by God. Prayers for humility and wisdom.

I think you have the right attitude, whatever happens, know that God is good. Persevere, and God will let you grow in faith.

John 20:29 Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

May you receive this peace by faith in Christ!

Edited by Wesley L
add verse

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

Be patient and be thankful until our Lord Jesus appear to save us all.

Matt 24:31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Whether we are still alive or dead under the grave, we are waiting for His promise.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

10 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

I have schizophrenia, it's pretty bad because one of the symptoms is i don't talk much. I talk probably about 25% of a normal person. I used to be normal before this. So that leads to boredom and i can't maintain a girlfriend or friends although i can still do activities with people and there is some talking. Despite this i'm still happy, surprising i know. I'm not angry with God and yell at him and i never will. I'm sure that there is a reason, beyond my ability to understand, that makes sense why i have it. God is good. 

Anyway, i pray everyday to be healed. But it occurs to me that some people just never get healed. Like i was watching day-star the other day, which is a christian channel, and this old preacher was saying that he knows a very Godly man who was a pastor for decades. Anyway, this Godly pastor got paralysis in his old age and despite prayers, never got healed. This also makes me think about the rich man and Lazarus. Now Lazarus was right with God and got into heaven but his earthly life was terrible and he only got relief when he died. He was a beggar covered in sores who longed to eat the crumbs that fell from the rich mans table. God allowed his life to be this way. Maybe i'll be healed....maybe i won't, time will tell.

Anyway guys, is anyone reading this been praying for ages for healing and never got it? Or maybe you did get it? Please tell.  

God does not always give us what we want in our prayers. Perhaps there is a reason for God not answering your prayer for healing. He has a plan for your life and maybe the healing will not come until you are in heaven. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

10 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

I have schizophrenia too, it's a drag I know. I have prayed for ages for my schizophrenia to be healed and have not received it either. I have however received healing for many other things. Tendinitis and such. I work a labor job so I get minor injuries a lot. God has healed me several times. I think I have not been healed of schizophrenia specifically because I do not believe in my heart God will do it. Ephesians says "Anything ye ask for in prayer, BELIEVING, ye shall receive." I know that even though it makes me feel like crud, schizophrenia is not hindering me from doing my job, driving, keeping in touch with family, getting along with others, it doesn't even mess with my ability to handle a firearm. I'm not saying God isn't capable, just that He is not willing due to my lack of faith.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Jesus always prayed to the Father "Not my will but thine be done".

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

Be4 questioning why no miracle healing may b we shud see do we really live in God.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I have been suffering severe back injury for 19 yrs now. Along the way it progressively has gotten worse with degenerative disease and osteo-arthritis. Countless therapies, injections and a failed surgery all in vain. I've been praying for healing and strength all the while, and still do, meanwhile awaiting as patiently as I can. Nothing at this point. I don't know the good Lords reason for not granting my prayer and to what purpose it serves, but I remain faithful and reliant on my Savior.

Just my two bits,  JJ

• This is Worthy 1