• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, David1701 said:

The Scriptural position is that you obey the authorities, unless obeying the authorities would mean disobeying God.

And this were its all leading up to world wide with the Cocvid-19 and their worldwide forced -on Agenda.

Plandemic,  mandatory vaccinations,  tracking you and revoking your rights  through 5G that will be tracking  you and policing you constantly.

Quote; John Robinson

"Over the past few years I've come to the conclusion that sometimes pacifism is a just prettier name for cowardice. But then I'm an old Army vet. What do I know? "

So then are you doing your part to put a STOP to 5G? To see that a judicial hearing be held for Bill Gates, and his cronies like Anthony Stephen Fauci?,  are you doing all you can to protest and stop the Current Agenda that is under way as we speak?

If not than you are just like all those christian pacifist who believe its all in Gods hands and are doing absolutely nothing to prevent what is currently happening.

" When there is a a lack of devoted Christians who will stand up against corruption it tends to allow that corruption to thrive".

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

18 hours ago, Josheb said:

Yes. There is no place in creation where the sons (and daughters) of God are not to rule on God's behalf. To suggest otherwise is to suggest there is a place in the Creator's creation where He is not sovereign and has no interest being so. The logically necessary implication of a negative answer is that we surrender the police and military to pagans. So where do you find that in the Bible?

Besides, don't we want just, merciful, pure in heart peacemaking police and military personnel? 

Sometimes in His divine effort to judge, God used the military. Sometimes He used the pagan military. He did so because His people did not apply God's precepts to all areas of life. 

Ironic.

21 hours ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

How is it that not a single person on this thread has quoted Luke 22:36? 

"...and let him that is without a sword to sell his cloak and buy one." - Jesus Christ, Luke 22:36. 

Vengeance is God's. And look what He did with it. He gave us instruction to purchase weapons! Could the answer to this one be any more obvious? If Jesus were alive today the Dude would be wearing an NRA shirt. 

Definitely  not .

Christ disciples wanted to Call down fire from heaven like elijah on a city which wouldn't recieve Christ. Jesus rebuked his apostles and said  you know not what type of spirit ye have for the son of man came not to destroy but save lives. No extra violence supported by  Christ.

Edited by vic66

2 hours ago, 1to3 said:

And this were its all leading up to world wide with the Cocvid-19 and their worldwide forced -on Agenda.

Plandemic,  mandatory vaccinations,  tracking you and revoking your rights  through 5G that will be tracking  you and policing you constantly.

Quote; John Robinson

"Over the past few years I've come to the conclusion that sometimes pacifism is a just prettier name for cowardice. But then I'm an old Army vet. What do I know? "

So then are you doing your part to put a STOP to 5G? To see that a judicial hearing be held for Bill Gates, and his cronies like Anthony Stephen Fauci?,  are you doing all you can to protest and stop the Current Agenda that is under way as we speak?

If not than you are just like all those christian pacifist who believe its all in Gods hands and are doing absolutely nothing to prevent what is currently happening.

" When there is a a lack of devoted Christians who will stand up against corruption it tends to allow that corruption to thrive".

Jesus could have resisted the soldiers sent to arrest him but both Jesus and all true spirit filled Christians have a better land in view.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.51
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Quote; John Robinson

I live in Scotland, so I have very little influence on what happens in America.

Edited by David1701

16 hours ago, Willa said:

My grandson is a strong Christian and is majoring in police science as a cadet.  He is a strong believer in law and order and NRA as well.  The majority of his teachers have opposed his ideals yet he has a good 2.94 GPA.  I support him.  The world is in need of honest cops with strong morals as well as godly compassion.  

Police are men and women, but the nature of the job brings,true born again believers into conflict with God's words. you can't shoot some one dead, pepper spray rioters, teaser thugs, hit people with batons and effectively preach and teach the gospel of peace and good will to all men. These are just to opposites

Pray for your enemies then gun them down (No WAY)

teaser them, use rubbers bullets against them, then afterward tell them about Christ love for them.

No God is not calling christians into that job.

Misguided people will do this job(army or police officer) but serious believers will look for another job.

Edited by vic66

4 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Fail. 

That same Christ called down fire and utter destruction upon Sodom and Gomorrah. That same Christ stated Sodom and Gomorrah will fare better than for those experiencing the pending day of judgement. 

Whole scripture. Not selectively used scripture. When Christ comes in judgment it is a decidedly aggressive and violent experience. That simply wasn't his purpose in the incarnation. There the violence was turned upon himself.

Yes in his position as the second member of the trinity  he will come as Lord and king,

The lion of the tribe of Judea 

But in his position as the son of man he came as, a servant,a lamb and mary's child.

Not once did he use extreme violence neither did his disciples

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

18 minutes ago, vic66 said:

Definitely  not .

Christ disciples wanted to Call down fire from heaven like elijah on a city which wouldn't recieve Christ. Jesus rebuked his apostles and said  you know not what type of spirit ye have for the son of man came not to destroy but save lives. No extra violence supported by  Christ.

Oh for goodness sake, address the point. What is the proper interpretation of Luke 22:36? We know that that discussion took place immediately before Christ's arrest. We know that Peter had a sword, a LITERAL sword on him, when he cut off that Roman officer's ear during Jesus's arrest (John 10:18). When the disciples brought Jesus two swords before His arrest (Luke 22:37) those were ACTUAL SWORDS. Not the Sword of the Spirit mentioned in Ephesians, not some metaphorical example used only to teach, they were REAL WEAPONS. There is simply no debate, Christ taught that Christians should have access to weapons, plain and simple.

And what is this about "No extra violence" being supported by Christ? Christ beat up a bunch of people with cords and overthrew tables IN THE TEMPLE (John 2:13-16) to rid the place of evil acts. Christ, the sinless one, used physical force on His neighbors, in other words, VIOLENCE, to purge the Temple of evil. Is the sinless Jesus Christ's use of violence not proof that violence can be righteous? 

3 hours ago, David1701 said:

The Scriptural position is that you obey the authorities, unless obeying the authorities would mean disobeying God.

Being in the army or police force you would be expected to obey your commanding officer to refuse during active service war, could, would mean court marshal, prison and possible firing squad.

Best position has a christian don't join or take the job

Sweep the streets, go paint someone house or work in a office.

Edited by vic66

13 minutes ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

Oh for goodness sake, address the point. What is the proper interpretation of Luke 22:36? We know that that discussion took place immediately before Christ's arrest. We know that Peter had a sword, a LITERAL sword on him, when he cut off that Roman officer's ear during Jesus's arrest (John 10:18). When the disciples brought Jesus two swords before His arrest (Luke 22:37) those were ACTUAL SWORDS. Not the Sword of the Spirit mentioned in Ephesians, not some metaphorical example used only to teach, they were REAL WEAPONS. There is simply no debate, Christ taught that Christians should have access to weapons, plain and simple.

And what is this about "No extra violence" being supported by Christ? Christ beat up a bunch of people with cords and overthrew tables IN THE TEMPLE (John 2:13-16) to rid the place of evil acts. Christ, the sinless one, used physical force on His neighbors, in other words, VIOLENCE, to purge the Temple of evil. Is the sinless Jesus Christ's use of violence not proof that violence can be righteous? 

If jesus was encouraging his disciples to use swords for resistance they would have been slaughtered. 

2)Jesus didn't need mens swords anyway notice when they came to arrest Jesus he said whom seek ye, they said Jesus of Nazareth  he said I am he ,immediately they all fell backwards. (In reality they had no chance against God manifest in the flesh)Jesus gave his life voluntarily 

After their conversion at pentecost there is not one record of any apostles taking up weapons, or leading a rebellion against the Jewish religious leaders or the Roman gentile occupation. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/27/1971

On 6/21/2020 at 10:31 AM, Sower said:

As do I by using bold, to point out or emphasize a phrase, lest it be missed.
Doing so would/should not bring attention to myself, but what's been pointed out, instead.
I typically just skip a post that is  ALL in CAPPED LETTERS.

Exactly. Typing in all caps is quite rude