• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.72
  • Days Won:  226

17 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Oh very well. I will go look it up. Give me a few moments here and I will be back. :rolleyes:

Thank you for looking up that information for me :)

13 hours ago, TheBlade said:

I think if one looks deeper .. are the deaths going up? I know what *gov says and other nations. I even looked into my own state. I never go with just one site or two. And I found more are getting it. WOW! yet.. 3/4 reading.. I got to..what I felt should have been said from the start "death rate still going DOWN not up". I found that other places. And again not up front.

Mask are good duh. But do you notice the gaps around the masks? Oh there is no chart showing how good masks are. They don't know where some of those charts have been coming from. Also when your out take notice of how many times you touch your face. The only time we had to wear a mask was at the Chinese supermarket. My wife is Chinese. Strange the only store or supermarket we had to ware one. Didn't bother me at all. Makes other feel better so thats all that matters.

:) not sure why were sharing what the world says and not what our Father says.  Song playing "Impossible Things {feat. Danny Gokey}. Faith works both ways. His word should be spoken not what some man of this world says. :) I am never moved by what man says. Play that song I said. And look what I am talking about here. That song started to play JUST as I started to type this. What are the odds. You are FULLY covered protected. But.. you have to know.. you have to repent... on and on. He is ALWAYS with you.. those around you are protected....how can you not know this.. JESUS IS REAL!

I think people are more prejudice now towards the Chinese because of this virus. I don't think the Chinese have anything to do with it. I don't think it was because the Chinese ate bats. The Chinese have been eating bats for many years. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.91
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

I think people are more prejudice now towards the Chinese because of this virus. I don't think the Chinese have anything to do with it. I don't think it was because the Chinese ate bats. The Chinese have been eating bats for many years. 

Trump calling it the "kung-flu"  does not help with that. :blink:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  964
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,782
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

It isn't prejudice it is reasoned conviction about the situation(s) based upon available information and personal experience. It is far more than who ate what and for how long. There are many more issues in play right now.

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Consider the source.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

the president does not intend to let the world forget where this came from.  its fine to call it that.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I am not one for too many political debates, but I thought I would add my viewpoint. I do soldering, wood working, and some other types of craft/work that requires a mask. The biggest difference between air born irritants and a virus is one can still damage while the other can be removed. Saw dust for one can technically cause problems over a long stretch of time. I do my soldering under my air conditioning vent. It cools down the air and minimizes the fumes. Solder for electronics generally does not create a lot of fumes. Even EEvlog who is recognized as a big information resource on YT mentions how having a simple fan helps push the smoke out of your face. I can actually remember being a young teenager and the instrument shops in my town always smelled of solder due to how they will do repair work inside. On shop I been in the guy did not even have a fan and was soldering guitar pots for an electric 6 string. I do rather in depth stuff that has all these weird precautions like connecting yourself to the earth ground of the house for anti-static mats. I don't do this myself due to how expensive it is to install. I just try to keep things in anti-static packages because you have to have the correct humidity and the perfect moment where the current goes through the chip in the wrong sections. Basically for my standards I don't have anti-static stuff and I don't  electrically connect myself to a large metal table unless its something like the high power lm386 classic that is very easy to break

How does this relate to cov19? Basically idea is the virus needs DNA because it cannot reproduce on its own under the basic definition of a biological definition. When protecting yourself against something can harm you even if its moved to a different surface makes this a whole lot harder than simply putting on a mask. Actually I bought a bunch of masks one year because they were cheap and I needed something for my rotary tool that puts a lot of metal filings in the air. Turns out they were cheap for a reason. They did not do a thing for the sides there was open area. I would even find myself with discomfort with saw dust using these cheap masks. Now imagine a virus that does harm differently. No matter what you do you will breath it in. The whole point of wearing something over your face was to stop you from spreading it to others. Its not perfect, but it can decrease the statistics greatly from what I understand. I wear my cheap masks that I mentioned because although it does nothing for saw dust and air born particles in the shop it does a great job for when i sneeze and cough.

Lastly the whole wearing gloves thing is a joke. No offense to anyone who still does it. I use gloves for handling my blank circuit boards because the oils on my skin can ruin them given a long enough time for erosion. This is where the famous flux comes in. It does help, but its only for minor erosion. In order to really protect my circuit boards I have to wash my hands, put on my gloves, and in some cases I will use isopropal alcohol to make sure I have clean gloves. Now imagine going from store to store. You will still need to sanitize your hands. That and sanitize the gloves. Your gloves will wear out. The ones I have cost a couple dollars per pair instead of a box of 50 pcs. I use thicker ones also to help minimize the risk of shock. I use low voltages, but it still makes you jump. The ones I have are commonly used for washing dishes and dealing with grass clippings. They don't last a really long time when I am constantly soldering though. Be safe people and live a stress free life. Don't put God in a box.

Edited by LittlePebble10
clarity

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.91
  • Days Won:  3

34 minutes ago, other one said:

the president does not intend to let the world forget where this came from.  its fine to call it that.

I'm sure his supporters think anything he says is fine. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

When I checked out global figures yesterday the death toll was just over 500,000. In a bad season the flu has killed over 650,000. I live in the UK and can remember about three years ago our NHS hospitals struggling to cope with the number of patients with flu, yet no lock down was enforced. We have a huge back log of cancer patients desperately needing cancer treatment, but all our government seems to care about is Covid 19 patients.  It can be unhealthy to wear face masks for too long because you're are breathing in more exhaled carbon dioxide.  Also in China they wore masks during the outbreak and they were ineffective. If I honestly thought I was infecting someone by not wearing a face mask I would put one on but I honestly don't thing that is the case. The scientific evidence doesn't back it up. For now in the UK it is only compulsory to wear face masks on public transport. 

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  964
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,782
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 6/27/2020 at 8:18 PM, LadyKay said:

one person with the coronavirus transmits it to 2 to 2.5 other people. Trusted Source — compared with 0.9 to 2.1 other people for the flu.

That is an odd way  of presenting a statistic. on average  and then a range for the other - That seems nonsensical.

• Brilliant! 1