• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Exegesis said:

If you are claiming to keep the Sabbath, can you please explain to us exactly how you are keeping it?  Thank you.

Cease from work and honor God by assembling with other believers to worship God on his appointed day of worship (Sabbath).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/13/2020 at 3:55 AM, Guy Nadeau said:

Paul said that no one can be justified by the Law but by faith... the only thing that the Law is doing is showing us how sinful we are in reality... but that doesn't mean that we should live loosely either...

I didn't mention anything about justification.   Obeying the Law is not going to justify you of your past transgressions.   If you were guilty of murder and you decided to stop murdering and start obeying the law, you would still be guilty of murder...you still need justification for your past crime of murder, your still guilty and God demands justice!  It would not be justice or fair to let you go unpunished for your crime of murder.  This is why God sent his son "The Lamb of God" to pay for your crime you committed so that you can be made right with God the Judge.  So say now that you have been justified for your crime of murder by God's mercy though is Son by taking on your crime's punishment, does these mean your free to go back to murdering or does the mean you repent and to live the way God intended for you to live which is according to his righteous law?  How will God deal with you if you continued to ignore and break God's laws after freely showing you his kindness mercy?

Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. - Mat 7:17-19 KJV

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

5 hours ago, Alive said:

Works neither save you or keep you saved...that teaching is error.

It is the work of the Cross of Christ that saves us once and for all. You are a New Creation. Taken out of the Old Adam and placed into the New Adam---Christ.

8 For aby grace you have been saved bthrough faith; and 1that not of yourselves, it is cthe gift of God; 9 anot as a result of works, so that bno one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, acreated in bChrist Jesus for cgood works, which God dprepared beforehand so that we would ewalk in them.

I did not say keeping the commandments saves you...go back and read what I wrote.  Abraham was justified by Faith.  We are saved by faith unto good works, which produces repentance and obedience to God.  Faith that does not produce fruit is not real faith.   If we say we know God but live in disobedience to God that makes us a liar according to Scriptures.    Being justified by faith does not give you a pass to continue in sin, quite the opposite.

Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. ... Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning. - 1Jo 2:3-4, 7 NKJV

Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. - Mat 7:17-19 KJV

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  15

4 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Correct the commandments were to show you what is SIN and what God disapproves of.    Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. - 1Jo 3:4 KJV

Indeed, 

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.” (Hebrews 9:15). 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

EZe 11:19"And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh," Eze 3626" And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh."

Jer 31"33 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people."

And yes amen "‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

• Praise God! 1

17 hours ago, TheBlade said:

EZe 11:19"And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh," Eze 3626" And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh."

Jer 31"33 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people."

And yes amen "‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Amen!  Many would have you believe the Law of God has been abolished when God says his law is eternal (Ps 119:160).   Jeremiah through the Holy Spirit prophesied under the New Covenant that God is going to put his Law inside of us, not take it away.  That means he was going to give us the power, ability, desire to keep his law faithfully by his Holy Spirit.  HalleluYah!

[Psa 119:160 NIV] 160 All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, all true followers of Christ are to keep the ten commandments.
But not because of following them will save us. But because we are already saved by faith in Jesus Christ.
Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath, in Him we have our rest.

Turning the question around. If you are already saved by faith in Christ. Give one good reason why you would not want to follow the ten commandments?

Edited by Wesley L

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

On 7/12/2020 at 11:46 PM, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Did Paul teach and keep the Ten Commandments? Let us exam:

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. - Gal 5:19-21 KJV

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. - 1Co 6:9-10 KJV

**Paul specifically names the breaking of SIX of the Ten Commandments -- IDOLATRY, ADULTERY, STEALING, MURDER, COVETING, HAVING NO OTHER GODS (Which is Idolatry & witchcraft) and says those who do those things WILL NOT inherit the Kingdom of God and warned "BE NOT DECEIVED" by thinking you can do this things and still enter the Kingdom of God.  Lets exam further.

Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them. But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, - Col 3:5-9 NKJV

**Paul names and condemns disobedience to TWO more of the Ten Commandments -- bearing FALSE WITNESS or LYING, and taking God's name in vain through blasphemy and filthy talk.  This makes EIGHT of the Ten Commandments Paul teaches to that we are required to keep and says the wrath of God is coming upon those who do such things.  Let us exam further.

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. "Honor your father and mother," which is the first commandment with promise: "that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth." - Eph 6:1-3 NKJV

**HONOR YOUR PARENTS is one of the TEN COMMANDMENTS that Paul taught to keep.  That makes NINE of the TEN COMMANDMENTS that Paul taught that to keep.

**This leaves one more Commandment which is Keeping the Sabbath Holy (Set-apart).  Did Paul teach or exemplify that we are to keep the Sabbath?  Let us see.

And Paul went in, AS WAS HIS CUSTOM, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, - Act 17:2 ESV

So He (Jesus) came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as HIS CUSTOM was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read. - Luk 4:16 NKJV

And he (Paul) reasoned in the synagogue EVERY Sabbath and tried to persuade Jews and Greeks. - Act 18:4 ESV

**Paul just like Jesus went to synagogues ON THE SABBATH DAY.  Therefore Paul kept the Sabbath set-apart just like Jesus.   Paul said to follow his example as he follows Christ's example.

Imitate me, just as I also [imitate] Christ. - 1Co 11:1 NKJV

**That makes TEN for TEN of the TEN COMMANDMENTS that Paul taught.  Paul taught we are to obey the Ten Commandments just as Jesus and the rest of the Apostles taught.

John the Apostle:

Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. ... Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning. - 1Jo 2:3-4, 7 NKJV

By this, we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. - 1Jo 5:2-3 NKJV

Peter the Apostle:

For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known [it], to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. - 2Pe 2:21 KJV

James the Brother of Jesus, Disciple and Church leader/Apostle:

But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues [in it], and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. - Jas 1:22-25 NKJV

If you really fulfill [the] royal law according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you do well; but if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors. For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one [point], he is guilty of all. For He who said, "Do not commit adultery," also said, "Do not murder." Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty. - Jas 2:8-12 NKJV

Jesus:

If you love me, you will keep my commandments. ... Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.- Jhn 14:15, 21 ESV

Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches [them], he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. "For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. - Mat 5:17-20 NKJV

And someone came to Him and said, "Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?"... He said to him, "if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments." - Mat 19:16-17 NASB

Revelation:

Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. - Rev 14:12 KJV

Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. - Rev 22:14 KJV

So you would have us go back under the hard task master, where if you break one commandment, you are guilty of violating all of them? Paul called it the curse of the Law for a reason. 

The truth is, under the new covenant, God has promised to cause us to obey Him. Why do we not see this taught in our churches, or walked out for the lost to see? We do not yet believe it possible. Yet. ? 

blessings, 

Gideon

3 hours ago, Gideon said:

So you would have us go back under the hard task master, where if you break one commandment, you are guilty of violating all of them? Paul called it the curse of the Law for a reason. 

The truth is, under the new covenant, God has promised to cause us to obey Him. Why do we not see this taught in our churches, or walked out for the lost to see? We do not yet believe it possible. Yet. ? 

blessings, 

Gideon

Brother, Paul said "BE NOT DECEIVED" into thinking you can live in sin and enter the Kingdom of God. 

God's Commandants are not a burden to those that are saved. Its are curse to those who ignore & break his laws and dont repent while claiming to know Him.  They are his instructions for living godly.   Is it okay to server false gods? worship Idols? Commit adultery and sexual sins? Dishonor your Parents? Murder? Cheat/steal? Lie against your neighbor? Blaspheme HIS name? NO!!! If you think its okay to do these things and think your going to enter the Kingdom of God then you have been deceived..not my words but Paul's.

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. - 1Co 6:9-10 KJV

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,256
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

On 7/13/2020 at 7:42 AM, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Correct the commandments were to show you what is SIN and what God disapproves of.    Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. - 1Jo 3:4 KJV

1Jn 3:4  ESV  Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.

1Jn 3:5  You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin.

1Jn 3:6  No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him.

1Jn 3:7  Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.

The correct translation is practices sin or continually sins, or practices righteousness.  

• Loved it! 2
  • Well Said! 1