• Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

19 minutes ago, Josheb said:
27 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Ah. I see. It was always a seemingly deeply harsh and cutting term.

Try not to take it that way in the future. 

Oh. About that. You see, I'm a loving, caring, compassionate, kind, and considerate person. The type of person Christ desires for us to be. Being otherwise has some other agenda in mind. Undermining, divisive, deviously clever and disguised as other than it appears. That not the love of the Lord. At all. 

Oh. Something of an expectancy of up and coming events to look forward to. 

You mean you have a pre-judgment about what lies ahead regarding another's intent?

I'm Leprechaun, not a fortune teller. haha! 

How long do you have to wait? An hour? Perhaps two? Three maybe? 

Blessedly, this is a text-based format where the posts' contents don't go away but leave a record of unanswered questions and avoidance (as well as the opposites) for as long as the servers remain running. The wait could certainly be shortened by a cogent answer.

You have a tremendously expressive manner and vocabulary. Oratory prowess and with much articulation. Shows a lot of brains. But, is there a real heart for the Lord down in there? Or just something of a religious demeanor on the surface? Know what I mean? 

We could then continue the conversation and perhaps realize the purposes of the forum in Christ :cool:.

No thank you. Getting bashed hurts! 

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44

51 minutes ago, Josheb said:

What, specifically, is it in scripture that is necessarily applicable to right this moment in the 21st century as opposed to any other century?

Oh! Now you've finally captured* my interest. It would be this. 

Revelation 22:12 12And behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

*(But not my pot o' gold!)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Josheb said:

What, specifically, is it in scripture that is necessarily applicable to right this moment in the 21st century as opposed to any other century? 

I’m not premil, but I still have to surmise that the regathering of Jews into the state of Israel has some eschatological significance, although it can be debated what exactly that may be. Thinking perhaps along the lines of Romans 11 or Luke 21:24. 

Moreover, though it is not specifically a biblical reason, it seems to me that the acceleration of technological advances, overpopulation, etc. would indicate the end is drawing near. I mean, really, how much longer can this continue. But prior to the industrial revolution, I suppose you could have argued for a longer duration of the world. What’s to stop someone in 1500 AD from thinking that the world could continue another 1500 years to 3000 AD before Christ returns? The world could have continued another 1500 years without an industrial revolution—and without modern cities and technology and transportation—from such a standpoint. 

But, as it stands today, I can’t see this world continuing on its current trajectory all the way to 3000. Even 2100 may be too far out before the Lord returns. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

What's the topic of discussion asserted in this op?

Like I said before, bro. If we as members wish to change the subject and go anywhere with it, anywhere at all, it's perfectly permissible. Anytime, any topic. Nowhere in our agreements with the ToS = Terms of Service states we must remain on-topic at all times. You haven't noticed we do this by now? 

Here's my question once again to you, since you're so inquisitive. Where is your heart? Where is it, man? Do you really have a heart for God? With intense love and adoration, worship and fervency? Love for the brethren here, longing for heart to heart fellowship, good will and stewardship? Is this what you have? 

I haven't seen it yet. No. Not yet. 

I'll leave this topic now. Have a nice day. 1128993552_blinkysmiley.gif.d6ca812dd647bce0553c99842707d436.gif

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Josheb said:

That could be said of any century and among a certain segment of Christendom it has been said in every single century since it was written!

That's exactly the point! This was the thought even during the time of Apostles. They were looking up to the coming of Jesus eagerly. We need to look out even more eagerly because we are more than 2000 yeas closer! As each day passes, we are more closer to His coming. And we have to continue talking, preaching and rejoice about His coming. And over a course of 2000 years, things have changed and moving more towards Biblical prophecies.

As an example, below passage from Revelation would not have been possible few decades ago. How can death of the two witnesses will be seen by people across nation? And we see that happen all the time today. Live stream is a given in our society. Israel coming together as a nation happened within the last century.

Revelation 11: 9 Then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations will see their dead bodies three-and-a-half days, and not allow their dead bodies to be put into graves.

These are reasons to look up to heaven for redemption! He is coming soon!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 7/13/2020 at 4:16 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

Is COVID-19 the fuffillment of Revelation 6:8 and 9:18? 

“When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.” (Revelation 6:7-8)

“By these three plagues a third of mankind was killed, by the fire and smoke and sulfur coming out of their mouths.” (Revelation 9:18)

Or is this just a foreshadowing of what is to come? 

a third of mankind would be around 2 and a half billion people....    if Covid 19 is this prophecy, it needs to get busy killing a lot more.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Josheb said:

Yep. And as I have elsewhere posted, if a third of humanity literally dies in a brief period of time the subsequently ensuing disease that has always occurred whenever large numbers of people die in a given locale would kill everyone. Some do not think about the logically necessary conclusions of their speculations. They think about the front end, but not the back end; possible contributors but not necessary outcomes.

with the grasshoppers and if this mutates into something like the Spanish flu , it might turn into something of that nature.  Then i read that they have found a squirrel in Colorado with the black plague.....  that thing is still creeping around.   I'm still waiting for the zombies that the military was training for some time ago.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

41 minutes ago, other one said:

a third of mankind would be around 2 and a half billion people....    if Covid 19 is this prophecy, it needs to get busy killing a lot more.

Rev 6:8 says 1/4 die, Rev 9:18 says another 1/2 die. 7+ Billion people on earth. I came out with 4 Billion Deaths, but that was without factoring in that the total on earth is really 7.594 Billion(2018). If we round up to 8 Billion, it would 5-6 Billion Dead! ?☠️? 

5 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Rev 6:8 says 1/4 die, Rev 9:18 says another 1/2 die. 7+ Billion people on earth. I came out with 4 Billion Deaths, but that was without factoring in that the total on earth is really 7.594 Billion(2018). If we round up to 8 Billion, it would 5-6 Billion Dead! ?☠️? 

and if you are still here then it really wont matter much and if we're not here it will matter less.   of course this could just be the start of it all  who knows.  we don't seem to be getting much truth from anyone lately in any of the news.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

1 minute ago, ChickenCoop said:

Do note these people are killed by a combination of things, not just a disease. 

Don't forget about sword and famine. 

As for pestilence, it's not clear what percentage of the dead will be just from that.

Good catch my chicken friend. :)