Tigger56

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

I remember a joke where a Quaker had someone break into his home. The Quaker had a shotgun and he got up and spotted the intruder in the dark. He pointed the gun and simply said, "brother, I mean thee no harm but I am about to shoot where thou standest."

I am the owner of several guns. I have a 20 gauge shotgun for home defense and keep it in my bedroom. I also own a .22 pistol that I enjoy shooting for target practice in a gully behind my home. I also own a 9 MM Smith and Wesson Shield that I keep in a holster and am about to get my CWP (concealed weapon permit).  I am planning on buying a 30 30 lever action rifle in the near future. I enjoy shooting the guns but hope I never have to use them in defense of my family or my home. But I am willing to do so.

Those who do not own guns may not be aware but stores that sell guns are selling out of guns and are selling out of ammunition. I wanted some more 9 MM bullets and couldn't find them in any stores near me. I bought some at a pawn shop. I can order hollow points on line but can't get any FMJ bullets. With all of the riots and with increased crime more Americans are prepared for defense in these uncertain times. Perhaps there is also preparation for civil war. Many Americans hold the 2nd amendment dear and are not going to relinquish that freedom. In the past few months records are being broken on the number of background checks being conducted for the purchase of firearms. A record number of sales and a record number of CWPs being issued. Antifa is claiming they will disrupt and prevent voting in the November elections. The BLM movement along with Antifa is threatening to go into the suburbs, etc... to riot and loot. There is a cry to defund the police. It is a time for Christians to seriously consider where they stand in regards to the defense of their own homes, defense of their families, defense of their communities, and defense of their freedoms.

So what are your feelings as a Christian in regards to firearms and in regards to the defense of your homes and family?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

8 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

I remember a joke where a Quaker had someone break into his home. The Quaker had a shotgun and he got up and spotted the intruder in the dark. He pointed the gun and simply said, "brother, I mean thee no harm but I am about to shoot where thou standest."

I am the owner of several guns. I have a 20 gauge shotgun for home defense and keep it in my bedroom. I also own a .22 pistol that I enjoy shooting for target practice in a gully behind my home. I also own a 9 MM Smith and Wesson Shield that I keep in a holster and am about to get my CWP (concealed weapon permit).  I am planning on buying a 30 30 lever action rifle in the near future. I enjoy shooting the guns but hope I never have to use them in defense of my family or my home. But I am willing to do so.

Those who do not own guns may not be aware but stores that sell guns are selling out of guns and are selling out of ammunition. I wanted some more 9 MM bullets and couldn't find them in any stores near me. I bought some at a pawn shop. I can order hollow points on line but can't get any FMJ bullets. With all of the riots and with increased crime more Americans are prepared for defense in these uncertain times. Perhaps there is also preparation for civil war. Many Americans hold the 2nd amendment dear and are not going to relinquish that freedom. In the past few months records are being broken on the number of background checks being conducted for the purchase of firearms. A record number of sales and a record number of CWPs being issued. Antifa is claiming they will disrupt and prevent voting in the November elections. The BLM movement along with Antifa is threatening to go into the suburbs, etc... to riot and loot. There is a cry to defund the police. It is a time for Christians to seriously consider where they stand in regards to the defense of their own homes, defense of their families, defense of their communities, and defense of their freedoms.

So what are your feelings as a Christian in regards to firearms and in regards to the defense of your homes and family?

So I own a 9mm.  I my parents have guns.  My relatives have guns. Most of the people at my church have guns.  I would encourage every single christian to have basic fire arms training, and to own a weapon.

The only thing you said, that I would advise against, is getting special bullets.

Find out what bullets your local police force uses, and use those.

The reason why is simple, although it will sound ridiculous.   You don't want some prosecutor, saying that you intended to kill people because you bought "cop killer" or special bullets designed to kill people.

This is ridiculous and absurd, but this is the world we live in.

Buy the bullets that closely match what police use.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, LonerAndy said:

So I own a 9mm.  I my parents have guns.  My relatives have guns. Most of the people at my church have guns.  I would encourage every single christian to have basic fire arms training, and to own a weapon.

The only thing you said, that I would advise against, is getting special bullets.

Find out what bullets your local police force uses, and use those.

The reason why is simple, although it will sound ridiculous.   You don't want some prosecutor, saying that you intended to kill people because you bought "cop killer" or special bullets designed to kill people.

This is ridiculous and absurd, but this is the world we live in.

Buy the bullets that closely match what police use.

Never mentioned buying special bullets. I said I could only find hollow points on line, which is the best bullet for defense as it will not pass though a person to hit an innocent bystander. The FMJ is the term for full metal jacket which is the bullet best used for target practice. You can, of course, get different grain radio of gunpowder in the various bullets. I definitely wouldn't suggest "cop killer' bullets, etc.... Plus you need for safety to use the bullets made for your specific gun.

• Thumbs Up 1

A timid and apathetic people shall fall, for even the weakest of enemies are emboldened by the passiveness of the strong, so strength and power must be clearly seen and force must be met with force, for apathy toward the enemy only gives power to the enemy.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Tigger56 said:

I have no issue with guns. Or owning a gun. If someone tries to harm my family I will do what I can to protect them. So no, I have no issue with this.  :guns:

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

I have a CPL license, and have passed Federal and State tests and background checks. I have a small 38 pistol that conceals easily, yet has the stopping power with defense bullets (hollow points) as you mentioned above. As you mentioned, FMJ target rounds are the most dangerous because they pass through aggressors, not stopping them,  and can hit by standers. Safety is the main concern for people who carry concealed weapons. There is a greater risk of accidental discharge, then there is from actually having to defend ourselves or our families. A good defense training instructor will not only teach you how to use your weapon, but, will also train you in situational scenarios, and recognizing and avoiding threats before they can hurt you, strategies concerning where to sit in Restraunts, public places, etc.  You absolutely need those skills! Do NOT settle for a quick legal test that only allows you to legally carry.

Anyway, those are my thoughts and experience . . . Ray . . .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

i don't know if this can be posted here but a certain news source has told about a couple that wouldn't let protestors burn down their home and kill their animals,  they came out with guns to defend their property,  not only did the police come and seize their guns but they were charged,  what a shame that this couple can't defend their home now :(  we must be able to protect our property & ourselves

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

I do not own a gun. I pray to God daily to surround my house and acreage with His protection........ that is it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

Well Jesus said to buy a sword, “He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one” (Luke 22:36), could that be parlayed into a modern context to supoort gun rights? 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

I see for my self as a believer in Christ Jesus.. nothing wrong with owning a gun. As some do with guns I do with the word.  I know no weapon formed against me will prosper Isa 54:17. No evil shall befall me and no plague will come near my house Psa 91:10. Been praying standing on these and so many other promises of God since I was about 12. So for me.. if I had a gun.. my faith goes into that not Him.

There are so many other ares of our lifes where we don't start using His word.. no faith till GOD FOR BID something bad happens. Then when it doesn't work they blame God. Faith with out works is dead. Those angels around us.. they ONLY listen to His word! I am strong in the lord in the power of His might.. I have HIS armor.. His peace.. His joy.. on and on.

I don't see owning a gun as "living by the gun" :)

• Thumbs Up 1