Can God erase bad memories?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Unintentionally, I made someone very upset and I can only guess  what I did that made him upset. It is painful each time I meet the person. I never had intention to make him upset or put him in troubles. We do not know each other personally, only professionally so it’s awkward if I suddenly apologize or something.

Can God restore the relationship and erase bad memories if I pray ? I admit I might have done something wrong that could have made him upset.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

The best way to restore any kind of relationship is to confront the problem and ask forgiveness if needed.  Sure, it could be awkward, but they may see you in a better light if you approach it as if you understand you may have upset them and are looking to resolve the conflict.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Almondtree said:

Unintentionally, I made someone very upset and I can only guess  what I did that made him upset. It is painful each time I meet the person. I never had intention to make him upset or put him in troubles. We do not know each other personally, only professionally so it’s awkward if I suddenly apologize or something.

Can God restore the relationship and erase bad memories if I pray ? I admit I might have done something wrong that could have made him upset.

Nothing is beyond the scope of what God can do. Sometimes we have to step aside and give the Lord the 'space' to work in.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,407
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

4 hours ago, Almondtree said:

God could, but is it in the nature of God to do so in this circumstance? I hate to be blunt or sound judgmental but it seems like you're prioritizing getting back the benefits of a professional relationship and sparing yourself a feeling of awkwardness over taking responsibility and trying to make things right. I think you're probably better off taking the awkwardness and apologizing.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

5 hours ago, Almondtree said:

Yes, G-d can erase bad memories, but that is not likely to happen.  Instead you will likely have to simply work through it, and hope that time and effort will heal wounds.

This is why it is important to avoid causing wounds, unless they are absolutely required.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thank you for the reply. Yeah. It was unintentionally. I have disabilities and I make people upset all the time

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, Almondtree said:

You can approach that person and ask what you did to upset him. You can apologize. God can not erase bad memories. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

25 minutes ago, missmuffet said:
8 hours ago, Almondtree said:

Sometimes,it's just good to get it out in the open ,if it was me,I don't like to live with those things on my mind ,you feel so much better going to that person or write a letter and talk about it,tell him/she/what is on your mind and try to make up for whatever happened,but that's just me ;) in that case you did your part and you have a clear mind.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

Yes he can. I have asked the Lord to erase a painful memory and he did. 

God can forget, “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." (Hebrews 8:12) 

God lives in us and we in God: 

“All who declare that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God” (1 John 4:15) 

Ergo we can ask God who can forget to help us forget because He lives in us and we in Him. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Loved it! 1