I dont find any rapture in the bible! Where is it? Thanks

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

The word rapture is not in the Bible.  The description of it is, however.

Neither is the word giraffe, choo choo train, or volcano in the Bible - but they are real, too.

The description of Christ returning for his church is found here:

• 1 Corinthians 15:51-54 = "Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed—  in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.  When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”
  • 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18 = "According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.  After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words."
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

2 hours ago, Markesmith said:

Greetings. Rapture isn't there in the bible. But, it is implied. Here's the main point. Everything here is temporal anyway. So whatever you do, do it with your eternal existence in mind. Shalom.

• Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

22 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Neither is the word giraffe, choo choo train, or volcano in the Bible - but they are real, too.

LOL :24: Domino, coronavirus, nor suicide is either. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

4 hours ago, Markesmith said:

The Greek word translated "caught up" in 1Thess.4 is harpazo. We get the word rapture from the Latin translation of that Greek word.

In the Old Testament there is a Hebrew word "yatsa" It's translated most of the time "bring out" or a form of it. Rahab was taken out of Jericho before destruction, "yatsa" and Lot out of Sodom, "yatsa" and the prophet Micah in chapter 7 says, "Don't rejoice over me oh my enemy, for if I fall, I will rise. (resurrection) When I dwell in darkness the Lord will be a light unto me...................He will bring me out, "yatsa", to the light and I will see His righteousness, then my enemy shall see, and shame will cover her who said unto me, Where is the Lord thy God? Then she shall be trampled down like mire in the streets."

Daniel in chapter twelve speaks of a rescue:

12:1 .......And there will be a time of destress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued. 

That Hebrew word for rescue has a sense of being smooth, escaping through slipperiness. Interesting how metaphor in the New Testament uses coming like a thief. 

There are many today, and growing in numbers, mocking the rapture and those who believe there will be one. We may have a number of disagreements on how all this will play out but it would seem a bringing out, a rescue, a rapture exists. I would say believe what the bible says.

Jesus told us why many didn't believe His words; they didn't believe the words of Moses. John 5.

Love not the world nor the things of this world, remember Lots wife. 

Edited by Zemke

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,071
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Markesmith said:

Study harder.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

7 hours ago, Markesmith said:

Mark, are you making a point?   Or asking an honest question?

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, Markesmith said:

The word rapture is not actually a real word.  Back in the dark ages, people were illiterate and their source regarding biblical teaching came through the church itself, mainly in Europe this was the Catholic church.  The Catholic church used Latin at that time, which made it doubly hard on illiterate people, particularly those who did not understand Latin.

The Latin word raptio was a translation from the Greek text for the word harpazo.  The word harpazo appears I believe 14 times in the original text from which the Latin translation was made, and later the King James Version.  Rapture came about when people who could not read for themselves and did not understand Latin created their own equivalent of the Latin word raptio.  When people became literate and knew the difference, the word rapture should have ceased to exist since it is not actually a word, instead it has taken on a life of its own and caused a lot of confusion.

The actual English translation of harpazo is catching up, snatching away, or a more modern way of saying it would be gathering.  As Jayne pointed out from the Thessalonians passage, this is one of the examples of where the Greek word harpazo was used in the original text.