• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, TheBlade said:

Have to make a choice.. obey man or God

No it is about your church's public witness to the locality. Do those Christian care about there neighbours or are they only concerned about there right to meet together.

The second commandment to Love your neighbour ( including your enemies ) as you love your selves.

17 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

but oh the rules

Yes here in the UK there are so many. So many in fact that here in the London suburbs we are not reopening partly because it will not be a worship service and with no fellowship will be pointless but also because of the logistical problem of getting people in and out of the building without also queuing in front of the neighbours houses.

What we do have is an software programs called Zoom, it allows other users who have also downloaded the app to meet on line our midweek meetings use it for upto 7 or,8 homes to be able to interact, only open person can talk at a time, but with a little self discipline in an hour long meeting we can exchange news, have a short Bible study and a time of open prayer.

It is all available for free, but requires the zoom user to know how to operate it and send out the online address to those church members with smartphones, tablets etc and the free app.

Talk to your minister, he might think it worth investigating this.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

On 8/11/2020 at 10:34 AM, Melinda12 said:

Are you yet? I really do not know what to do. 

Our small church has re-opened but oh the rules - all necessary i know. Masks, spaced well apart, no contact speaking with anyone, no hymn books, no singing, no communion, no refreshments. In and out in order, following arrows. No using the toilet. Numbers strictly limited. 

It has been 6 months. My heart and soul cry out for Christian company. But i cannot face church like that. Our vicar does videos of services and prayers, i watch alone at home on my phone. 

Have you attended your church yet? I feel there is still risk and going is just not worth it. Yet i wonder if i should take that first tentative step back to the life that is now only a memory and start bringing it back.

My parents go to a different church than I do.  They opened back up 2 months ago.

My church has remained closed.

What's the difference?  My parents church has more older people, and my church has more younger people.   The older people are simply not afraid, and not living in fear. 

They want to serve G-d with the time they have left.

I'll be going to church, the first day the church reopens.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

19 hours ago, LonerAndy said:

The older people are simply not afraid, and not living in fear. 

Forgive me @Melinda12 for hijacking your thread for a moment. But I can not let this go unsaid. :off-topic:

I am so sick and tired of people confusing caution with living in fear! For me it is about protecting others. It is about protecting my  mother who has a heart issue and is 76 years old. Who depends on me to go to the store for her to pick up her groceries and medication.  It is about protecting my husband who has a heart condition and diabetes. It is about protecting my child who is my child!   Do I live in fear that I will get Covid-19? No. Do I worry that I could pass it onto my mother,  my husband and my child! That they may  die from it giving their health issues? Yes!  So yeah. I take caution with this! So that I do not cause the death of someone else!  If anyone thinks that is living in fear, then let me ask you why you do not just ignore all traffic laws and give drunk drivers the right to drive?  

Again I am sorry to the OP of this thread for going off topic as I so very much do. But I felt this had to be said. Anyone wishing to follow the original topic of this post. Feel free to ignore this post can carry on with the topic. Good day to you all.  

Edited by LadyKay
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ladykay

I quite agree. I have in fact not visited my elderly frail parents since March as i will not risk their lives.  They are very well looked after, all care in place,  but i just call on the phone daily. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

On 8/11/2020 at 7:34 AM, Melinda12 said:

It has been 6 months. My heart and soul cry out for Christian company.

Hi Melinda

I started attending over a month ago, when our church re-opened their doors which is now outdoor service. I was watching online previously but like you noted above my heart and soul needed to be with other Christians which is what drew me out.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

4 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Forgive me @Melinda12 for hijacking your thread for a moment. But I can not let this go unsaid. :off-topic:

I am so sick and tired of people confusing caution with living in fear! For me it is about protecting others. It is about protecting my  mother who has a heart issue and is 76 years old. Who depends on me to go to the store for her to pick up her groceries and medication.  It is about protecting my husband who has a heart condition and diabetes. It is about protecting my child who is my child!   Do I live in fear that I will get Covid-19? No. Do I worry that I could pass it onto my mother,  my husband and my child! That they may  die from it giving their health issues? Yes!  So yeah. I take caution with this! So that I do not cause the death of someone else!  If anyone thinks that is living in fear, then let me ask you why you do not just ignore all traffic laws and give drunk drivers the right to drive?  

Again I am sorry to the OP of this thread for going off topic as I so very much do. But I felt this had to be said. Anyone wishing to follow the original topic of this post. Feel free to ignore this post can carry on with the topic. Good day to you all.  

No.

It's about fear.

You don't need to shut down the entire church, because of your mother who is 76.   You can simply choose not to go yourself, and choose to not have your mother go.  By all means, I have no problem with you doing what is best for you and your family.

But to say that if I don't think it's a good idea, means I should stop everyone else?  That is fear based tyranny. That is what this is.  Every tyrant in human history, has said "What is good for me, is what is good for everyone else".   This nation, the United States, was built on people escaping religious tyranny.  We built this nation SPECIFICALLY... so we can worship G-d however we please.  

You don't need to destroy the lives of other people, to protect your mother, if she is high risk.

And the irony here is that my father is 78.  He has diabetes.  He has asthma.   And he is going to Church.  So are most of the people in his church.

To @Melinda12 ,  Here is what my parents, mother and father who are both in their late 70s, said to me.

They said, they are old, and their time is short. They would rather spend what is left of their life, with their grand children, and with their friends at church, and being free and unafraid.

And they have lived like that to this day.  They still go up to their lake house.  They still hang out with their friends.  They still have BBQs and have people from the Church come up to the lake.   They still go to the Ronald McDonald house, and serve people going to the hospital.  And they still go to Church every Sunday.

My father specifically said this "I'm in my 70s. I'm going to die whether I get Covid or not.  I'd rather be bold and running the race to the end"

Now, everyone has to make the best choice for their own family.  I get that.  Some people here, are doing the best they know how, to protect their family, and those who are at high risk.  I have no problem with that at all.  Everyone has a duty to their own family.

But I'm not going to live in fear of a virus.  Life is too short for that.  When the doors of my church are opened, I'll be at the first weekend service they are open for.

Edited by LonerAndy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, LonerAndy said:

No.

It's about fear.

Have you not heard(read) anything I have said?  You know. Never mind. It is clear you haven't. 

Edited by LadyKay

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I have not been back to church in months. My parents are still concerned about the coronavirus, so we haven't been back yet.

Some of the people in the congregation have returned, and as a result, some people have contracted the coronavirus! I was sorry to hear that brother bill hall had come down with it. He's already kind of old, I was hoping that the elderly would stay way from church for awhile, for the sake of their own lives.

It's just basic common sense really.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

On 8/12/2020 at 2:59 AM, Deborah_ said:

We live in Wales. Our church is re-opening for the first time this Sunday. We don't have to wear masks, but otherwise it will be pretty much as Melinda has described. So I don't know how much like church it will feel, but we have to start somewhere.

The local rate of Covid-19 cases is very low, so I have no personal fears about going. 

Its a new ball game now and its not going to change back to what we know as traditional church. We are the church and I live in the church with Jesus.. As evil as all this seems this needed to happen.to bring us back to Christ who alone died for us and to send the Holy spirit. Living for Christ is not just a quaint idea of church. There is corruptions and compromise  in  the system., and the orders. and the ax is laid to the root.Babylon that great city has become the cage of every foul bird Rev 18

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

4 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Living for Christ is not just a quaint idea of church.

It never was. But true believers who live for Christ have always had an urge to meet together, to worship God and to encourage and pray for one another. So roll on Sunday...