student of christ

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

John 16:23 “And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name.
Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.
Gospel of Thomas verse 106 Jesus said, “When you make the two into one, you will become children of Adam, and when you say, ‘Mountain, move from here!’ it will move.”
verse 48 Jesus said, “If two make peace with each other in a single house, they will say to the mountain, ‘Move from here!’ and it will move.”
( Are we not the house, the temple?)
aramaic translation
John 16:23 All things that you ask straightly, directly, from inside my name, you will be given. So far you have not done this.

(Because if we have asked with our voice we have not done this.)

24 Ask without hidden motive, and be surrounded by your answer, be enveloped by what you desire that your gladness be full.

Look at what it’s saying.
It’s not saying to speak a word, it’s saying be surrounded, to feel as if.
If you are surrounded you are feeling as if your answer has already happened.
Feel the feeling of what is it like as if that has already happened.
Because that is when your thought and emotion become one.
Say you think the thought of the healing in your loved ones and you feel the love of that thought. They become one and that is the language
that the divine recognizes.
Jesus was teaching those around him how to use the power of human emotion in his life.. To unleash the force of the divine in our lives. First we must understand how it works. Second We must speak the language that the Divine recognizes. When you create that feeling in your heart as if your prayer has already been answered.

Ask without hidden motive, Ask without the Judgement, without the ego. Ask for the quality of the feeling, To be surrounded, to be enveloped to create that feeling.

Ask from the Heart.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

The promise of "ask and receive" can have conditions. God will give us what we need. He is not a genie. He will also give us what we want if it is in His will for us. God wants what is good for us. He knows this better than we know what is good for ourselves. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, student of christ said:

Ask without hidden motive, Ask without the Judgement, without the ego. Ask for the quality of the feeling, To be surrounded, to be enveloped to create that feeling.

Ask from the Heart.

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us"

And
if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him"

I John 5, 14-15

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

God is just love as that is what the bible says.

When we think about what God is like, we should remember that the bible says He is love.

Its ok to think like this as the bible says that. You will feel a lot better if you do think like this.

?????

That's correct. As you pray in your heart Nahum 1:3 His way is in the whirlwind and the storm,
    and clouds are the dust of his feet.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

I think it is important to recall that this was addressed to the 12 apostles the night before Christ's crucifixion. He is preparing them for their future ministry. 

Jesus is letting them know that in their work to spread the Gospel, they will ask God in Jesus' name, instead of speaking to Jesus directly as they were able to do while he was with them.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Ozarkbound said:

I think it is important to recall that this was addressed to the 12 apostles the night before Christ's crucifixion. He is preparing them for their future ministry. 

Jesus is letting them know that in their work to spread the Gospel, they will ask God in Jesus' name, instead of speaking to Jesus directly as they were able to do while he was with them.

I agree, but I believe this applies to all ages of true born again believers. 

These modern day Joel Osteen's and Joyce Meyer's ilk of prosperity Gospel and name it and claim it, is a greedy self centered perversion of God's word. We as God's creation and born again believers; pray that our needs will be met. We pray for things that give the Lord all the praise, honor and glory and further advance the Gospel and Kingdom of Jesus Christ. All praise, power and glory belong to Him and Him alone. We don't pray and ask for personal greedy things like a multi-million dollar mansion, a luxury car or to become rich and famous. If it's in God's will, plan and purpose, He may bless us with those things? 

We run the race not for earthly finances and rewards, but for the glory of God and our eternal heavenly rewards.

The Apostle's were given special gifts to start and advance the Gospel and establish churches throughout the whole known world. I believe those special gifts given to the apostles ended with the Apostle John. They were given the divine gift of speaking in tongues; meaning at Pentecost they could immediately communicate the Gospel message to a people in their own native tongue. Directly after the Apostle John; people, pastors, evangelicals and missionaries had to learn the language of the people to communicate the Gospel, up to and including today. 

Just my thoughts...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/23/2020 at 7:54 AM, student of christ said:

Yes from God

10 hours ago, student of christ said:

That's correct. As you pray in your heart Nahum 1:3 His way is in the whirlwind and the storm,
    and clouds are the dust of his feet.

Why are you PM me with messages that God is warning me. And without any information or details. I dont find it funny. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 8/23/2020 at 8:41 AM, student of christ said:

Ask from the Heart.

We are told to delight yourself in the Lord and He will give us the desires of our Heart. It helps if we find out what God wants to give us. Then we can pray accordingly. They use to have pocket promise books so we could claim the promises of God. Also we have a covenant relationship with God. So if we do our part of the covenant, then we can be sure that God will do His part. Of course time is an issue. Sometime we have to wait. We need to be aware of God's perfect timing. God does not change, we are the ones that change over time. 

I'm sorry Wayne222, I thought I was addressing this post in general. It's more a revelation than a warning.