NotAllThere

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Recently, a young married couple we know, who've only been save a year, ran into some difficulties financially. It wasn't a huge amount, but really there was no way they could pay two specific debts that they were responsible for legally, but morally ... well less certain. Most unfortunate.

Anyway, my wife and I prayed about it - together and separately - and we both understood the Lord to say that we should redeem the debt. Anonymously. I'm not posting this about how wonderfully generous we are. We're not - for us (and many people at our stage in life) it's just not a big deal. But after I'd arranged the settlement, I found myself feeling intensely grateful to the Lord. I'm not big on analysing feelings, so I asked Him why. I thought it might be because we were in a position to help a brother and sister in need.

But it turns out it wasn't that.

I began to understand that as we had shown grace and mercy to this couple, that's a glimpse of the grace and mercy He's shown me and my wife in our lives. Redeeming us - literally spending Jesus's life for that, when we didn't deserve anything! He is so kind and generous. So loving and so full of grace and mercy -  Hesed.

Just wanted to share God's goodness. Be blessed.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, NotAllThere said:

But after I'd arranged the settlement, I found myself feeling intensely grateful to the Lord. I'm not big on analysing feelings, so I asked Him why. I thought it might be because we were in a position to help a brother and sister in need.

Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep!
You passed on a blessing from God's blessing you.
I believe that's how planned it.