LittlePebble10

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

This concept started really close to the time Christianity started, but never really ended. It is mentioned in the book of Acts and to me its something that has plagued Christian Churches through out history. The whole book is really a good view point of how something should be considered as worth making drastic changes or not. Specifically though Acts 15 makes things clear that one should not put so much expectancy on people to act in a way that you think a Christian should. Us Christians can really make things harder then it should we can't we? A really good example of what I am talking about is when King James started a new translation with Bible scholars from the original manuscripts. The Church at the time would put so much emphasis on the annotations and the other books such as the Apocrypha. It made things spiritually difficult for James and many others. Almost as if you could never be a Christian because you had imperfections. Even your way of overcoming these imperfections was criticized and ridiculed. King James decided to put together a group of scholars and make the King James Bible with a whole new connection to the language that everyone in his current time could understand.

I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I just want to tell people to be silent and eat the food. If your told that its been offered to idols by all means don't eat of it. However, if no one said anything and people keep asking then this in my opinion puts a lot of unnecessary anxiety on those around you. I am always fascinated by this concept because its the very thing that starts a whole new era. America started for this reason. The Church of Britain harassed the Colonies and you add the political tension then you begin to realize the Bible was only a starting point. America was founded on religious freedom alone. Things were added here and there in order to provide balance and durability to our constitution. God was a symbol for strength in our culture. However it was not exactly a requirement to be an American.

Back to the main point though. Moments like the one in Acts causes people to suffer. There are some things black and white within scripture, but sometimes you have to stop and think. Is this really worth the heavy stone that a person must carry. Anyone else have a similar moment in history that they themselves would like to add that is similar to the argument in Acts 15?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Bump

I figured I would give this thread one more try. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,181
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

i'm not sure what you expected?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

An overly complicated article, not sure if you are concerned with eating meat offered to idols or what version of the bible we should use?