IGNORED

If you could be a part of any biblical story, which one would you choose?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/15/1995

Hello all!

I asked this of my friends at a Bible devotional group, and we had a lot of fun discussing different stories and what it would be like to experience them firsthand. So, feel free to answer with your own preference, I'm open to learning about different biblical stories :) I hope you all have a wonderful day!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

2 hours ago, RosiePosie said:

Hello all!

I asked this of my friends at a Bible devotional group, and we had a lot of fun discussing different stories and what it would be like to experience them firsthand. So, feel free to answer with your own preference, I'm open to learning about different biblical stories :) I hope you all have a wonderful day!

I wonder most about walking on water or walking through a closed door. How are people able to do this sort of things. Although I have done enough construction work to know that the mind is able to control the physical world. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

15 hours ago, RosiePosie said:

Hello all!

uh right now

this day

2 Corinthians 3 (AV)
1 Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you?
2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

The feeding of the five thousand. I want to know what that looked like for food to multiply in whatever way it did. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

On 9/7/2020 at 4:28 AM, RosiePosie said:

Hello all!

Boaz.  Rich, successful, fantastic wifey.  Yeah, I'll go with that lol XD

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  404
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

On 9/7/2020 at 9:28 AM, RosiePosie said:

Hello all!

Unless they’re parables, they’re not actually stories. They’re historical accounts :) good day to you too

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 9/7/2020 at 4:28 AM, RosiePosie said:

Hello all!

The Return of Christ. What other story could substitute?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Ezekiel 9:2 through 10:7 is one I want to be part of.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/7/2020 at 8:53 AM, DDisconnect said:

The Levite's Concubine.

Just because it's so bizarre to me. Who are these men that they're just a massive group on alert and ready to assault a guy as he's passing through, to just gather outside the house? Just 50 guys simultaneously are like "wow, that traveler has a nice backside, guess I'll force myself on him" at the same time? Then the Levite irritates me. They demand him and so he pushes his concubine out the door to be assaulted and killed? What kind of man is that? I don't know what I could even do or say, but that story in Judges always makes my blood boil. I get that it's meant to depict what happens when men fall away from God and explain what becomes of the Benjamites, but still. Even then, Israel's rage should've been against the men who carried out such a deed as well as the Levite. Instead, unaffiliated Benjamites may have been killed and any number of the surviving ones could've been a part of that crowd. Then they help the remaining Benjamites kidnap women to take as wives, just... UGH. Even if I ended up dead as well, I'd just want to be there to call them all idiots.

It is a brutal story. I wonder if the author was making a deliberate allusion to the story of Lot and the angels in Sodom because the story plays out almost the same. Except in Judges it is even worse -  an indication of how far the Israelites had fallen.

As for my choice, I'd love to travel along with Paul on his journey to Rome.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.50
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Eden before the rebellion. To both start and end there would be nice.

After the fall? At the Transfiguration. What a Day that must have been!

Second choice. To have watched my Lord reach within Himself and produce the multiplied loaves and fishes.