• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, SondraKaye2018 said:

Hello everyone. Thankyou for your kind welcomes and advice. The advice for boundaries and the book are great. I have that book! I just need to find it. My husband says that when he starts to give me a hug, I should just step back. But, how obvious is that! Please pray for me to have the courage to do it and, to do it with love and grace. And, for His protection. I will be praying for ya'll too!!!

There is some serious spiritual warfare when I go there. But, I believe I am covered in the blood of the lamb and nothing evil can touch me. So even when I work there, I aim to be cheerful and loving and do the best work I can because, I really work for my father. However, I just want to finish paying for my car and quit. Every time I educate my self on masonry, I do become uneasy and afraid to ever go back. But, on the day I am to go, the Holy Spirit helps me loads and loads!! 

I am excited to be here and have genuine believer fellowship. Many Christians I have met in my life were some of the most judgmental, self righteous and really mean people I have ever known. I stopped going to church because of it. I do not have tough skin and my spirit gets really grieved by these kinds of people. It makes going to church an anxious and unpeaceful event.  But, my spirit longs for being around true, loving, good, born again, brothers and sisters. That kind of church does not seem to exist around here. And, now with the whole virus thing, many churches are only on line. 

God's blessing and favor to ya'll ! Love, Paige

Thank you Paige for your genuine reply. I think many today awkwardly feel as you do about going to church; but if I may push back a little. Jesus loved his Church and died for it. He knows how hard it can be sometimes, telling us "not to forsake the local assembly as some have been in the habit of doing." In Revelation 2, Jesus talks about those few saints left in the Church of Thyatira, where Jezebel was doing great damage, who kept themselves clean. Jesus told them, "I will not impose any other burden on you, only hold onto what you have until I come." Nowhere in all the churches does he tell anyone to leave. He wants us to be overcomers. You go to work everyday in a "church" of godless people, yet you feel it is your duty "...to be cheerful and loving and do the best work I can because, I really work for my father." I think this is what Jesus desires of us in the church we set foot in. Many there need direction, and guidance. The Church is not about us. It is about God, and worshipping Him in the presence of all who come. You have an opportunity to help many people by showing them the love you have for them---even when they do not love you back. May God shine His blessings on you. :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/30/1968

You are absolutely right! I need to apply my spiritual blessings and courage to attending church!! Thank you!!

• Praise God! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

22 hours ago, SondraKaye2018 said:

I have been working for a 33rd degree mason and his wife (daughters of Job) for about 10 years doing cleaning and yard work. I have felt even more creeped out by him lately. And, his hugs seem long and inappropriate. Making me feel violated. I pray spiritual warfare every time I go there. And, I share the gospel and my faith. Now I still owe him for a car that him and his wife helped me to get last winter. Note: He does not always post my payments and I have to watch out. He skipped my March 150 payment altogether! I should go keep working off the car (because I have no real job). But, I am feeling very spiritually sick to my stomach when he hugs me and says he loves me. What should I do??

Greetings in Christ, SondraKaye2018.

1 hour ago, SondraKaye2018 said:

Hello everyone. Thankyou for your kind welcomes and advice. The advice for boundaries and the book are great. I have that book! I just need to find it. My husband says that when he starts to give me a hug, I should just step back. But, how obvious is that! Please pray for me to have the courage to do it and, to do it with love and grace. And, for His protection. I will be praying for ya'll too!!!

There is some serious spiritual warfare when I go there. But, I believe I am covered in the blood of the lamb and nothing evil can touch me. So even when I work there, I aim to be cheerful and loving and do the best work I can because, I really work for my father. However, I just want to finish paying for my car and quit. Every time I educate my self on masonry, I do become uneasy and afraid to ever go back. But, on the day I am to go, the Holy Spirit helps me loads and loads!! 

I am excited to be here and have genuine believer fellowship. Many Christians I have met in my life were some of the most judgmental, self righteous and really mean people I have ever known. I stopped going to church because of it. I do not have tough skin and my spirit gets really grieved by these kinds of people. It makes going to church an anxious and unpeaceful event.  But, my spirit longs for being around true, loving, good, born again, brothers and sisters. That kind of church does not seem to exist around here. And, now with the whole virus thing, many churches are only on line. 

God's blessing and favor to ya'll ! Love, Paige

Hi Sister Paige, 

It seems after following in a lag sort of situation, some very good advisement has already been offered to you. I guess there is nothing more to this to add except to welcome you to Worthy. God bless you, sister. There is a place for all here and I'm assured you'll fit right into the right spot with the body of this Christian body of believers. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

OIP86QS3XNG.jpg.862eac22c428c5ef421d7053f18a6301.jpg

Come unto me ~ Matthew 11:28

Matthew 11:28 KJV 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Sondra, first off, welcome to Worthy.

However, I would share one thought with you not so much as advice, but as something for you to consider.

But, I am feeling very spiritually sick to my stomach when he hugs me and says he loves me. What should I do??

The Bible speaks about our conscious being our guide. I would say that our conscience cannot give us an o.k. to sin, but it can give us a red like, a veto, when we are rationalizing doing something which we should not.

You have a dilemma, for sure. On the one hand, you owe a debt on a loan, and that needs to be repaid. However, how it is repaid, might be another issue. That you feel spiritually sick to your stomach, I think is an indicator or a conviction (your conscience even) that this situation is not acceptable.

You mentioned a few things. That he is 33rd degree Mason. There are probably only 33 of those in your whole state, lucky you! ;)
Why did you bring that up, do you think if is relevant? If so, why so? If you think that you are basically in league with someone you should not be in league with, then that is one issue.

If it is the vibe of advances that make you feel ill, then that also is a warning from your conscience I would suggest. There is seems too, that you should consider how you wll change the situation. Getting out of there is one way, but really putting you foot down, asserting yourself, could change that to. Let him know everything that is NOT ok with you.

Ultimately, I think you have made some poor choices that got you into this mess. You cannot undo the past, but what you do next can go a long way to making things right. I'll pray for you and your situation!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,306
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

On 9/21/2020 at 4:04 PM, SondraKaye2018 said:

his hugs seem long and inappropriate

Either ask him not to hug you or explain that the length of them is making you uncomfortable and ask him to be more appropriate.

If you feel uncomfortable in church let the minister know, he cannot seek to teach his flock if he is unaware of problems in it.

Are there other churches you can attend?

Yes, there are other churches.  Since I started membership here, I am seeking out a church that is meeting in person.  

On the other topic. I stayed with the mason because I felt like the Lord wanted me to proclaim the gospel to them. And, because I help them. They are old and can not do the things that I do for them any more. However, you are right. I can pay off the car another way and move on from people who have made up their minds into whom they serve. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

10 minutes ago, SondraKaye2018 said:

On the other topic. I stayed with the mason because I felt like the Lord wanted me to proclaim the gospel to them.

Hi Paige,

It's very noble of you to try and get these people out of darkness but it's hurting you too much. There comes a time when we have too put ourselves first, I think you reached that time. You may never get them out of Masonry, you have to face that. I think you need to find another way to make a living and then do it.

God Bless you

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

I am to go there tomorrow to clean house. When I am approached for a hug, I will step back and say, "I think we need to keep social distancing". I do not want to open a can of worms saying that he makes me feel uncomfortable. I will apply all my earnings towards the car. Then I will owe less then 500. Then I will give them notice. Now that will be hard because I do not want to tell them why. Not sure how to handle this delicate situation. 

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

2 minutes ago, SondraKaye2018 said:

I am to go there tomorrow to clean house. When I am approached for a hug, I will step back and say, "I think we need to keep social distancing".

That's a great idea. Blame it on the coronavirus, that's not a lie anyway. When he says he's safe, say you can't be sure and if you get infected you will then infect your husband as well. In my state they even make us keep 6' between us while online at the supermarkets. No more hugging, blame it on the virus.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 9/21/2020 at 11:04 AM, SondraKaye2018 said:

I have been working for a 33rd degree mason and his wife (daughters of Job) for about 10 years doing cleaning and yard work. I have felt even more creeped out by him lately. And, his hugs seem long and inappropriate. Making me feel violated. I pray spiritual warfare every time I go there. And, I share the gospel and my faith. Now I still owe him for a car that him and his wife helped me to get last winter. Note: He does not always post my payments and I have to watch out. He skipped my March 150 payment altogether! I should go keep working off the car (because I have no real job). But, I am feeling very spiritually sick to my stomach when he hugs me and says he loves me. What should I do??

Tell him you are uncomfortable being touched. Tell him you will return to work for him when you're paid.