• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,107
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

53 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Would you please point me to the post in which the relevance of Romans 12:9-21 was politely discussed?

Would you please point me to the post in which the relevance of 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 was politely discussed? 

Would you please point me to the post in which the relevance of Titus 3:9-11 was politely discussed? 

I must have missed those posts. Every single one of those passages answers and addresses the questions you asked in the opening post and I do not read any such discussion, politely or otherwise. 

Definition:

Engage: 1) occupy, attract, or involve (someone's interest or attention). 2) participate or become involved in.

So this is the difference between us, Starise: you openly assign negative attributes to others without cause or warrant, and I use words with their ordinary meaning so as to enhance communication. The only one "battling" here is you and I would like you to stop it. If you don't want to discuss the kingdom then do not do so. 

You asked questions in this op.

I answered them. 

No one has taken up those answers, including you

You say you're trying to politely discuss the op but the evidence proves otherwise. You just spent a post insinuating negatives wrongly instead of discussing the answers provided. 

Romans 12:9-21, 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, and Titus 3:9-11 answer the inquires of this op! There are many other scriptures, such as the also-mentioned Ephesians 4 (which answers the question in both hierarchical church relationships and peer-oriented relationships), Proverbs 15 (which answer the questions in very generic ways), and Colossians 4:5-6 (which is specifically about Christians' response to non-Christians). I did my part. You're not doing yours. You said you didn't want t discuss the kingdom so I invited you to discuss Romans 12, 1 Cor. 13, and Tit. 3. I did so in my op-reply, which can be found on the second page of this thread and I did so again specifically to you just eight posts ago. 

No one made you not discuss these verses but you. So if you don't want to "battle" then don't. Please do discuss the relevance of the Romans 12, 1 Corinthians 13, and Titus 3 texts politely and op-relevantly.  

Waiting on you in the spirit of Phil. 2:3, Rom. 12:10, and 1 Pet. 3:8. Looking forward to the same.

Josheb,

I am willing to concede that maybe it's just the way I'm interpreting you online, but I seriously doubt it. It's interesting that you quoted Titus 3:9 as a reference. " But avoid foolish questions and genealogies, and contentions and strivings about the law: for they are unprofitable and vain."

You make it sound as if I'm somehow running from  a truth you have put forth. Do you see me running anywhere now? No you don't. 

You make a world for the rest of us to supposedly follow. The only problem with that is we all have a mind of our own and we all think just a little differently. I STILL don't see the main point of contention as laid out by you and then "engaging" it. Can you please point out in several sentences the main  argument you had with what I said??? I don't want a 3 page ramble like you posted before. Just cut to the chase.

What were your differences of opinion? In S-I-M-P-L-E terms.

A person of true character would have asked more questions if someone accused them of something. Questions like , " What did I do specifically?" Because those people CARE about other people and what they say to them.

Instead what did you do? You turned the finger back at me.

If you can't learn to respect people, I don't care how much you know. LOVE is the main thing we are supposed to have. 

In any case it's getting very close to me blocking you. Or if you want to do me a favor block me. Thanks.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,107
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

I'm a very to the point sort of person. Sub points and sub points of other points sometimes tend to sidetrack me. I also realize that one tactic of trolls is to introduce "interference". I am NOT calling you a troll. I am simply acknowledging the fact that it's a known tactic and was used on me in atheist forums I once frequented. The end result is the person under attack is bombarded by too much data to go over in a reasonable amount of time...or asked to prove something from that data that isn't provable. I can't say the similarities to some of it didn't remind me of that.

I have much of the Bible memorized but not by chapter and verse so probably to the improvement of explanation this would  be helpful in the future from me so as to avoid any confusion it might cause.

In the same way you were asking me to comment on scriptures I didn't have right in front of me. You posted references sometimes as only a number coordinate to the text. I'm not trying to bring attention to you Josheb but you sometimes seem highly contentious to me as I've read in other posts. One of your first comments to me on this forum was to make accusations about me that were totally unfounded. Since then I've had my "antennae up" about you. I'm willing to do my best to forget, that even though no apologies were forthcoming after you knew you were wrong. So some of this is "boiling over" from before. Once bitten is cautious, twice bitten isn't wise and three times bitten is foolish.

The format we use in these threads does not always lend itself well to discourse. In some cases people who know they are correct make light of those poor souls who are simply trying to learn and might be speaking from ignorance, or they are holding the other person's hand back in pain until they say uncle. Instead of a fun learning experience we then have a bunch of bullies and "holier than thou" types out there feeling all good about themselves, when in reality they just turned a handful of well meaning people away from the truth. Those Christians! Who needs any of that! So I think we walk a thin line here. Winning an argument isn't worth loosing a soul over.

I went back to the scriptures you referenced (Romans 12:9-21,1 Cor 13:4-7, Titus 3:9-11) and these are scriptures that speak of charity and love for brothers. I'm guessing you used these scriptures because this is one way to tell wheat from tares. I think this is a good way to tell what real wheat looks like.

I would compare these references to the love chapter. The entire chapter of 1 Corinthians 13. You already referenced verses 4-7. The gist of the chapter being "Love never fails". Love is the standard, Christ is the standard. We all fail the standard sometimes daily, sometimes hourly because we are still fallible. It's the reason the Christian divorce rate is 50% last time I checked. The closer to the standard a person is, the closer to spiritual maturity they are. It takes some Christians a LONG time to get even close. Christians are different though because we are moving toward that standard whereas lost people are not. The fact that we are saved and at least headed in the right direction makes us wheat.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/26/2020 at 2:38 PM, FrankIeCip said:

And yes the completion or fullness of the kingdom is still coming. I don’t believe it’s complete yet or I don’t think we would still be here. The long suffering of our Lord is salvation. I think there are still some of God’s elect not yet born again. (Baptized by the Holy Spirit)

Frank, so true! I believe God knew what He was doing when He designed the 7 Feasts... He will know when to come and harvest the earth... The Fall Festivals are in front of us, Charlie