• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

There's an additional question. 

First question, my dad finally stopped ignoring me but come to find out he has an operation tommorow and wanted me to take him to and from as he wont be able to do it himself bc he will be under anesthesia and what not. 

In a sleepy haze I said yes but now i just remember how he said he wouldnt take me to my job. Its my responsibility. Im grown. Even when my child was sick he wouldnt do it. 

I feel my answer should be no but he has bulging dislocated discs from the accident so i think i should just do it. 

Second question, I kinda have alot going on but even if I didnt I dont think Im going to vote. I feel like were so close to being ushered into the end times. The antichrist will appear and reveal itswlf despite my vote. At this point I just feel voting is a bit useless bc what will happen will indeed happen. I feel i should just prepare myself spiritually. 

Wdyt?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Since you are still youthful in age and are living in your parents home, your father still feels he is the authority and you should be obedient to his wishes. Even though being over eighteen and an adult with responsibilities of your own, it is the pecking order. It is also good to honor your word since you did give it. Also, we are supposed to be God's example of Christ and are called to this as believers. Follow through with your agreement even though it was not kind of him refusing to help you when you needed it. We should not go back on our agreements, especially as Christians. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, ladypeartree said:

Do not repay his unkindness with an unkindness of your own it just hurts YOU  no matter how much temptation there is to lash out at him . Jesus told us to forgive and hard as that is sometimes it really does work best :emot-hug:

ALWAYS prepare yourself spiritually  no matter if you vote or not . I tell my children that they dont have to vote but dont then complain about who gets into power if it is not the person they wanted but were not bothered to vote for them . God does have it all in hand Praying for you and your little one that you may have more peace than you have enjoyed lately :th_praying:

very true. I can't be unkind-- it bothers me but i'll pray abt it.

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

Since you are still youthful in age and are living in your parents home, your father still feels he is the authority and you should be obedient to his wishes. Even though being over eighteen and an adult with responsibilities of your own, it is the pecking order. It is also good to honor your word since you did give it. Also, we are supposed to be God's example of Christ and are called to this as believers. Follow through with your agreement even though it was not kind of him refusing to help you when you needed it. We should not go back on our agreements, especially as Christians. 

True but in all honesty this is my mom's house he doesn't pay any bills but I do get what you're saying. I just need to suck it up and be godly as I should be.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

8 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

First question, my dad finally stopped ignoring me but come to find out he has an operation tommorow and wanted me to take him to and from as he wont be able to do it himself bc he will be under anesthesia and what not. 

In a sleepy haze I said yes but now i just remember how he said he wouldnt take me to my job. Its my responsibility. Im grown. Even when my child was sick he wouldnt do it. 

I feel my answer should be no but he has bulging dislocated discs from the accident so i think i should just do it. 

Second question, I kinda have alot going on but even if I didnt I dont think Im going to vote. I feel like were so close to being ushered into the end times. The antichrist will appear and reveal itswlf despite my vote. At this point I just feel voting is a bit useless bc what will happen will indeed happen. I feel i should just prepare myself spiritually. 

Wdyt?

You told your dad you'd take him, so it seems to me you should take him. As for voting, I'd love to see you vote for Donald Trump and any other Republican on the ticket.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

very true. I can't be unkind-- it bothers me but i'll pray abt it.

True but in all honesty this is my mom's house he doesn't pay any bills but I do get what you're saying. I just need to suck it up and be godly as I should be.

Your father is still the head of the house, biblically. Even if he is a non believer. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Well crap hit the fan. He said he wouldnt take help me take my son to the hospital and said its my responsibility. so I told him he can take himself to his procedure. 

Im done taking his crap. Just putting my foot down.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,026
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,355
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

12 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Wdyt?

Take your dad for his surgery and bring him home.   Show him Christian love.   Maybe the Lord will use that to eventually reach him.

Vote.   It's important that we stand up for what is right.   I voted Trump because he is more towards supporting values of Christians...like pro-life, appointing conservative judges.   Also, helping the economy, etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Debp said:

Take your dad for his surgery and bring him home.   Show him Christian love.   Maybe the Lord will use that to eventually reach him.

Vote.   It's important that we stand up for what is right.   I voted Trump because he is more towards supporting values of Christians...like pro-life, appointing conservative judges.   Also, helping the economy, etc.

It doesn't matter what I do. Ive done alot for my dad and he's still a self xentered narcissist.