Mantis

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

So which is it? Did they see God or not?

John 1:18 -No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.

Exodus 24:9 - Then Moses and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel went up, 10 and they saw the God of Israel. There was under his feet as it were a pavement of sapphire stone, like the very heaven for clearness. 11 And he did not lay his hand on the chief men of the people of Israel; they beheld God, and ate and drank.

Edited by Mantis
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  5

“I told you before that you have seen me, and still you don’t believe.

I don’t mean that there is anyone who has seen the Father. The only one who has ever seen the Father is the one who came from God. He has seen the Father.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:36, 46‬ ‭

“If you really knew me, you would know my Father too. But now you know the Father. You have seen him.” Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father. That is all we need.” Jesus answered, “Philip, I have been with you for a long time. So you should know me. Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father too. So why do you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The things I have told you don’t come from me. The Father lives in me, and he is doing his own work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or believe because of the miracles I have done.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:7-11‬ ‭

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, Mantis said:

So which is it? Did they see God or not?

John 1:18 -No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.

Exodus 24:9 - Then Moses and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel went up, 10 and they saw the God of Israel. There was under his feet as it were a pavement of sapphire stone, like the very heaven for clearness. 11 And he did not lay his hand on the chief men of the people of Israel; they beheld God, and ate and drank.

They saw Jesus in the form of God that John speaks of.    The being that Moses and the others saw was not the Father.   John tells us that Jesus existed in the form of "God" before he lowered himself to become a human.  It's all tied up in the Trinity.     The "God of Israel" that Moses saw was not the father, it was "I AM"   which Jesus says was him when confronted by a bunch of Jews questioning him about knowing Abraham.
Jesus has always been the Godhead's representative to planet earth.    And our representative/mediator between us and the Father.

Gospel according to Sam   (OO)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

They saw Him but didnt "see" Him. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

The Lord High God has two 'problems'. Revelation and communication.
To reveal Himself as He really is would mean our certain death. So in order to communicate with His beloved people, He manufactures ways to facilitate this. One main way is thru 'the son of man'. Other ways are mentioned in the Tanakh such as Storm, Whirlwind, Cloud, Fire etc. Sometimes we might see Him in visions and at others in anthropomorphic displays of His Person as the physical son of man.

The problem with us humans is that "seeing is believing" seems to us to be the only way. But God has a better way and that is called FAITH.

One day, those that trust and believe in Him will ACTUALLY see Him as He is, but not until we have passed thru the veil of our flesh into the likeness of Yeshua's Glory. Our Glorified and very 'real' bodies will then be able to cope with The Lord High God, the Ancient Of Days, as He really is and How He really was in Eden. We just have to trust and wait. It is for our own good. 

On that Wonderful day, Yeshua will introduce us as His Brothers and His Sisters in the Divine Council and He will applaud our trust and belief making sure that we take our rightful status and positions as Sons and Daughters of the Most High in the great Assembly of Zion.

Remember: "It is finished". But not just yet...

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

No man has seen the Father at any time, the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him. John 1:8

He who has seen me has seen the Father. John 14:9

If the elders saw a physical form, they saw Christ.

"they saw God" Exodus 24:11,
but yet were not with Him up in the mount, as Moses and Joshua were then called: Exodus 24:12.
"And the Lord said to Moses, Come up to me into the mount"

And in Exodus 33 that we get this account;

"And the Lord spoke to Moses face to face" Exodus 33:11

I think we are to understand that as that the Spirit of God spoke through Joshua to Moses. [Numbers 27:18, 11:25-29]

"But Joshua departed not out of the tabernacle" Because the moment was precious to him.

"And Moses said: I beseech thee, show me thy glory!" Exodus 33:18

Moses wanted to experience God directly. 

In Exodus 33:20 through 34:8 Moses experiences God more directly, a manifestation of Christ.

And then asks; "Oh Lord.. Go among us.. and pardon our sins" Exodus 34:9 !

Also we see that Joshua gets jealous when the Spirit speaks through others: Numbers 11:25-29.

-------

Christ is the physical body of the Father.

The Father set apart a part of His Spirit, from since before creation, for the purpose of giving consciousness to the body of Christ,
and for the purpose of experiencing humanity, mortality, and death as Christ on behalf of His creation.

Christ is God The Father in physical form, the plan was before time and timeless, therefore Christ is before time and timeless.

That God the Father has no form, and is a Spirit, is evident in the Deuteronomy 4:15-19 account.

"Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire: (therefore don't make idols of any form, because God does not have a form) "

And part of His Spirit was always set apart to inhabit the physical man Christ,
and that physical manifestation is therefore timeless, able to appear to Moses and to whomever, throughout all of physical time.

"I the Lord try the heart and test the minds" Jeremiah 17:10

"All the Churches shall know that I am He that try's the hearts and tests the minds" Revelation 2:23

"Believe on the Lord your God, so shall ye be established" 2 Chronicles 20:20

"If you will not believe, surely you will not be established...
therefore behold, the Lord Himself will give you a sign,
a young woman shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call His name; God with us" Isaiah 7:9,14

"Great is the mystery of godliness, God was manifest in the flesh" 1 Timothy 3:16

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

Exodus 33:20 No man can see the Face of God and live. This has to do with the mouth of God. Jesus is: "image of the invisible God" (Col 1:15)

Guest kingdombrat
1 hour ago, JohnR7 said:

Exodus 33:20 No man can see the Face of God and live. This has to do with the mouth of God. Jesus is: "image of the invisible God" (Col 1:15)

It's "Amazing" to think the Purity of God, the Light so profoundly Bright, the Very Essence of everything.   And to be in that Presence of Power, not even able to imagine how to describe, because we could not understand it even if God explained it to us. All found within the {Face} of our Father.   And to look upon It as we are would vanquish our very existence.   

And then to realize, the number of times we have allowed the Adversary to impede our progress for the accomplishments of the Will of God, by not fully understanding just Who our Father really is.

Edited by kingdombrat

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  409
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/25/1961

On 12/23/2020 at 2:57 AM, other one said:

John tells us that Jesus existed in the form of "God" before he lowered himself to become a human.

Hi bro,

Can you please tell me by Scripture where John exactly does so?

Thx, and God bless.