• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,018
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Where did you get the idea anyone goes to hell forever? We go to hell when we sin, and return when we repent, I believe. The only way to spend eternity in hell is to refuse to repent throughout all eternity. Who’s going to do that?

Reprobates, that's who. They will have no recourse to receive Christ and their repentance will be sorrow for self, not godly sorrow.

Jer 6:30  Reprobate silver shall men call them, because the LORD has rejected them.
Rom 1:28  And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
2Ti 3:8  Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
Tit 1:16  They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

2Co 13:5-6  Examine yourselves, whether you be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know you not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except you be reprobates?  (6)  But I trust that you shall know that we are not reprobates.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,234
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Yeah.. your name is in His book or its not.  What you did in this life will have rewards or burn up. Now unless one is blind they would have no sin..  ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

13 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

No one is good: 

[17] And as he was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and knelt before him, and asked him, "Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
[18] And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone." Mark 10:17-18 RSV 

Where did you get the idea anyone goes to hell forever? We go to hell when we sin, and return when we repent, I believe. The only way to spend eternity in hell is to refuse to repent throughout all eternity. Who’s going to do that?

Please quote where the Bible says that any sinner returns from hell.  Please also quote where the Bible says that anyone in hell will ever repent.

You do realise that your ideas are not from the Bible, don't you?

Edited by David1701
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,125
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

Not intending to muddy the waters here. I think Josheb made the point more or less already. There are righteous people mentioned in the Bible. The caveat here is their righteousness was based on their obedience to Christ. Therefore, in God's eyes they were righteous.

While Jesus said only God was righteous, this potentially open the proverbial can of worms for some readers. I think He was saying  all righteousness comes from God and apart from Him he would not be righteous. We know Jesus never sinned.

Notice in the examples below, these were men counted righteous before the crucifixion happened and likely wasn't understood fully by everyone at that time with the exception of a few.

This is why in Romans 4:3 we have Abraham's faith "credited" to him as righteousness. 

For what does the scripture say? " Abraham's believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Righteous men in the Bible-

Noah(Gen 6:9)(Gen 7:1)

Lot(2 Pet 2:8)

Joseph Of Arimathea(Lk 23:50)

Abel(Heb 11:4)(Mt 23:35)(1 Jn 3:12)

Joseph(Mt 1:19)

Cornelius(Acts 10:22)

John The Baptist(Mk 6:20)

Zacharias(Lk 1:5-6)

Elisabeth(Lk 1:5-6)

Simeon(Lk 2:25)

Edited by Starise
spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, David1701 said:

Please quote where the Bible says that any sinner returns from hell.  Please also quote where the Bible says that anyone in hell will ever repent.

You do realise that your ideas are not from the Bible, don't you?

I can't find anything in the Bible that says not to put my hand on a hot stove. Does that prove it's okay to put my hand on a hot stove?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Starise said:

Not intending to muddy the waters here. I think Josheb made the point more or less already. There are righteous people mentioned in the Bible. The caveat here is their righteousness was based on their obedience to Christ. Therefore, in God's eyes they were righteous.

While Jesus said only God was righteous, this potentially open the proverbial can of worms for some readers. I think He was saying  all righteousness comes from God and apart from Him he would not be righteous. We know Jesus never sinned.

Notice in the examples below, these were men counted righteous before the crucifixion happened and likely wasn't understood fully by everyone at that time with the exception of a few.

This is why in Romans 4:3 we have Abraham's faith "credited" to him as righteousness. 

For what does the scripture say? " Abraham's believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Righteous men in the Bible-

Noah(Gen 6:9)(Gen 7:1)

Lot(2 Pet 2:8)

Joseph Of Arimathea(Lk 23:50)

Abel(Heb 11:4)(Mt 23:35)(1 Jn 3:12)

Joseph(Mt 1:19)

Cornelius(Acts 10:22)

John The Baptist(Mk 6:20)

Zacharias(Lk 1:5-6)

Elisabeth(Lk 1:5-6)

Simeon(Lk 2:25)

What are you trying to say is not clear. 

Jesus Christ never said anything against their righteousness, and Jesus said without him crucified on the Cross and raised from the dead no one can be in the presence of God and live. 

So those people in your list they knew that and they never claimed that they are in the presence of God.

In fact they try their best to stay away from the presence of God. 

And God made it known to them when he gave them the Tent of the Testimony and kept everyone out of the Holy Place, only the Priests sanctified with the blood of the animals, and no one in the Most Holy Place, no one in his presence, to be in his presence was death. 

To touch any Holy thing in the Holy Place and even as a Priest without permission was death, and sure death if non a Priest touch anything Holy and sanctified in the Holy Place. 

2 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

What are you trying to say is not clear

My point was simply that often righteousness is equated with good. In God's eyes they were "good" pre covered under the future blood.

In God's eyes we are only good under the blood. In actuality we are not good, but covered as if we were good under the blood.

Spiritually controlled men can be good through the changes made in us.

My main premise for the post was the inevitability that a new convert will see  some men in the OT were good/righteous and might wonder why. I was attempting to clarify some references to good people and why they are/were seen as good men.

10 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I can't find anything in the Bible that says not to put my hand on a hot stove. Does that prove it's okay to put my hand on a hot stove?

Did you say in and out of Hell while they lived, in this life or in the life after they died? 

And anyway there still something that you need to tell us and that is; 

Where do you think they are when they are out of Hell? 

4 minutes ago, Starise said:

My point was simply that often righteousness is equated with good. In God's eyes they were "good" pre covered under the future blood.

In God's eyes we are only good under the blood. In actuality we are not good, but covered as if we were good under the blood.

Spiritually controlled men can be good through the changes made in us.

My main premise for the post was the inevitability that a new convert will see  some men in the OT were good/righteous and might wonder why. I was attempting to clarify some references to good people and why they are/were seen as good men.

Have you considered your servant Job? 

Where does anything say not only in the bible, because there is nothing in the bible but in any other source that Job had this belief and hoped that he was longing and was waiting to be under the blood of the Slain Lamb of God. 

Job was only under the smoke of his animal sacrifices. 

11 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Have you considered your servant Job? 

Where does anything say not only in the bible, because there is nothing in the bible but in any other source that Job had this belief and hoped that he was longing and was waiting to be under the blood of the Slain Lamb of God. 

Job was only under the smoke of his animal sacrifices. 

They didn't know HOW it was going to happen. They simply believed God and it was counted to them for righteousness.

How do we have righteousness?  Exactly. Catch my drift?

Animal sacrifices were the precursor to the permanent solution. At that time it was a highly symbolic gesture of obedience.

How did the Wise men know who Jesus was?

Edited by Starise
  • Thumbs Up 1