If a Muslim asked a Christain

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

If a Muslim asked a Christain, I want to accept Jesus as Messiah,Lord and savior. But I don't want to stop being Muslim, I still believe Muhammad was a great prophet, and the Koran is the final word from God, can I still take part in the New covenant? 

What would you reply?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

According to the Q'uran, Jesus should not be venerated as Lord (Hb. Adonai, Gk. Curios, Eng. Lord/Master/Owner). And we Christians who do so are idolaters. So the inconsistency is with the Muslim's understanding of their own claimed faith.

There is no conditional proclamation of Lordship. If you confess Jesus as your Lord, then you declare Him your Master, and determine to seek His will without added conditions. It is fine at the start to confess Jesus as Lord and be wrong about pretty much everything else - so long as we are open to His subsequent correction and direction; i.e. His Lordship. If the confession of Lordship is sincere, the Holy Spirit can subsequently correct any error of understanding. But it is not sincere to claim Jesus as our Lord, but only if He meets certain conditions - such as 'if He allows me to be a Muslim' (i.e. if Jesus is not Lord of your whole life, then Jesus is not your Lord - and thus not your Saviour).

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

Agree with patriot21, let scripture and the spirit do the convincing.

I would add be a very good friend to this Muslim.

Take lots of time to know them as they risk loosing everything.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

8 hours ago, Completed Israelite said:

If a Muslim asked a Christain, I want to accept Jesus as Messiah,Lord and savior. But I don't want to stop being Muslim, I still believe Muhammad was a great prophet, and the Koran is the final word from God, can I still take part in the New covenant? 

What would you reply?

The Islamic faith is at odd with Christianity.

Allah is the only god and he has no son (paraphrasing)

is an Islamic mantra.

I have encountered former Muslims over the years, to a man they

knew immediately what they had to do if they truly wanted to become a believer in Jesus.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

3 hours ago, Deborah_ said:

The Qur'an also states categorically that Jesus did NOT die on the cross. If that were really "the final word from God", then we have no forgiveness of our sins and there's no point in being a Christian.

So you really can't be Christian and Muslim at the same time. You have to choose between them.

Agree completely. Saying they want to have Jesus as Lord, and practice Islam, is like saying 'I want to be married, but only if I can continue being intimate with all my old girl friends'

It is a false Christianity at best, and betraying Jesus at worst. Jesus was very clear when He said that He is THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE, no man can come to the Father EXCEPT THRU HIM.

Anything 'less' is NOT acceptable in Jesus' eyes.

Ray . . . . . 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,407
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

10 hours ago, Completed Israelite said:

What would you reply?

I have to agree with what others have said here. Be a friend to them, but we can't really pretend that the two religions are compatible with one another.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

10 hours ago, Completed Israelite said:

What would you reply?

I do not understand all things perfectly. Only God does. I might suggest that Christianity contains all the information you need to enter the kingdom of God. You don't need to draw from another source, and I think it's better if you don't. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Muslims believe that Jesus was a wise Prophet— nothing more......Allah had NO  “ Son”....

Jesus was “ a” Son Of god.....not “ THE” Son Of God......

one little article of speech— the difference between Heaven and Hell ...

a “ Muslim”, like anybody else, has to be like “ Lydia” from the Bible......God  “ opened her heart “ to not only “ hear” the Gospel, but BELIEVE it..... 

“ Nobody can come to Jesus lest the Spirit draw him”

if I had a Muslim friend, I would pray for them.....no different than I pray for many of my UNsaved friends....

• Thumbs Up 1