• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/4/2021 at 5:37 AM, popsthebuilder said:

Like a sanctification process? 

Growth in faith?

Growth in faith and...what many fail to get...coming to have CONFIDENCE in God. One can have faith to heal others and cast out demons, etc...but having confidence in God is another. What I mean is if I know that Scripture tells me to heal the sick (which it does) and I know that God is the one who does that through me as His co-worker...but I don't have confidence in Him, then I can pray for people and they will never get healed because I am not really praying in faith, believing that it will happen.

Does that make sense, or did I word it all wrong?

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2

On 2/5/2021 at 4:14 AM, popsthebuilder said:

Im sorry, but what do you do with scripture saying to call no man teacher? Surely that includes self right? Thanks.

that's a bit difficult to answer, pops...because Scripture tells us in several places that God ordained teachers in the church...it is as much a ministerial office as is pastor, evangelist, and prophet.

The problem that most widely appears today, is people calling themselves teachers of Scripture who God never called into that specific ministry, they called themselves out of pride or ego or whatever.

When God calls someone into one of the five-fold church leadership ministries (apostle [today's missionary], prophet, evangelist, pastor, teacher) He ordains and qualifies them for the specific ministry He has called them into, gifting them with the specific necessary abilities that are required for the person to be able to do that job. 

Unfortunately today, there are many who call themselves pastors and teachers who God never called, so they do not have the God-given qualifications or gifts or ability to be ABLE to do that job right. This is one reason we have so many false teachings floating around the church landscape today.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member

Thanks everyone...I believe I found the answer that I was looking for. So unless you want to continue with your conversations, you can close this thread (I don't know if you do that here, but in other places they do).

Thanks again, blessings!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,076
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

WHAT  DO  THESE  PASSAGES  HAVE  TO  DO  WITH--- AND  YOU  FOUND  YOUR  ANSWER

AGAIN -- PROVERBS 4:19  THE  WAY  OF  THE  WICKED  IS  AS  DARKNESS THEY  KNOW  NOT  AT  WHAT  THEY  STUMBLE 

PROVERBS 22:20  have not I written unto thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge  --22:21-- that I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth that thou mightest --ANSWER  THE  WORDS  OF  TRUTH-- to them that send unto thee 

JOHN 8:43  WHY  DO  YOU  NOT  UNDERSTAND  MY  SPEECH  EVEN  BECAUSE  YOU  CANNOT  HEAR  MY  WORD 

JOHN 8:47  HE  THAT  IS  OF  GOD  HEARETH  GODS  WORDS  YOU  THEREFORE  HEAR  THEM  NOT  BECAUSE  YOU  ARE  NOT  OF  GOD

GALATIANS 6:7  be not deceived  GOD  is not mocked for whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap

--6:8-- for he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption but he that soweth to the spirit shall of the spirit reap life everlasting

JOHN 6:68  then simon peter answered him  --LORD  to whom shall we go-- thou hast the words of eternal life 

EPHESIANS 6:17  AND  TAKE  THE  HELMET  OF  SALVATION  AND  THE  SWORD  OF  THE  SPIRIT  WHICH  IS  THE  WORD  OF  GOD 

JOHN 6:63  IT  IS  THE  SPIRIT  THAT  QUICKENETH  THE  WORDS  ---THAT  I  SPEAK  UNTO  YOU---  THEY  ARE  SPIRIT  AND  THEY  ARE  LIFE

JOHN 10:11  I  AM  THE  GOOD  SHEPHERD  AND  THE  GOOD  SHEPHERD  GIVETH  HIS  LIFE  FOR  THE  SHEEP

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

2 hours ago, SwordMaster said:

Growth in faith and...what many fail to get...coming to have CONFIDENCE in God. One can have faith to heal others and cast out demons, etc...but having confidence in God is another. What I mean is if I know that Scripture tells me to heal the sick (which it does) and I know that God is the one who does that through me as His co-worker...but I don't have confidence in Him, then I can pray for people and they will never get healed because I am not really praying in faith, believing that it will happen.

Does that make sense, or did I word it all wrong?

So you are saying a maturity in faith will be earmarked by a level of confidence that you are doing of the will of GOD? That GOD will indeed provide our lack?

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

So you agree that one appointed by GOD to gather and teach would never claim outwardly of self that they are a teacher? They would never place self above even the lowest?

• Alive locked this topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.38
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

OP requested the thread be closed. It is closed.