Riverwalker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

I have no problem getting what evolution teaches, or that it is a theory. Contrary to popular opinion, it is often thought as fact, rather than simply a theory. Especially by unbeliever's. And it is taught as fact, NOT theory in public schools. Darwin is not the first to introduce the idea of “evolution” but the most vocal in his day. Darwin, may have read the bible, but he didn't believe it.

The bible's account and the theory of evolution are NOT equal, neither do they compliment one another. The two, are not compatible. People in general speaking either believe and trust God at His word, or they do not. Once we start to dehumanize mankind, there is no limit.

Theistic Evolution teaches that God took a less than human creature, and developed him into a human. This “theory” is contrary to what scripture says about mankind. This “theory” questions the trustworthiness of the Bible and what it says why mankind is in need of a savior. Genesis 1:26-28 teaches us That man was created from the ground, separately from all other creatures, and it is very clear in scripture that no animal past or present is man's equal.

Genesis 2:19 explicitly states that the animals also were formed from the ground. Just as mankind was also formed from the ground. Nothing in scripture even hints at creation evolving from one kind to another kind. We need to make sure our trust rests in the God who gave us Scripture, not human arguments that question His Word. 

And I take it that what I have previously said in the other post is not what some folks want to hear.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/25/2021 at 1:56 PM, Riverwalker said:

Ocaam's Razor Simplified:  is a principle from philosophy. Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case the one that requires the smallest number of assumptions is usually correct. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation.

Creation:

God Did it

Origin (Without God):

• All of everything banged to existence for no purpose cause or reason
  • Everything arranged itself  in an orderly fashion using gravity, that also appeared for no purpose cause or reason
  • Then life erupted spontaneously where there was no life, no organic material anywhere, again for no purpose cause or reason
  • The life became more and more advanced finding enough other life to feed on to survive, for no purpose cause or reason
  • Finally 200,000 years ago modern man* appeared on the scene, but it took him 195,000 years to learn that if you planted seed it grew, that fire could be controlled and that a branch can be used as a lever and a round wheel as a pulley (Simple Machines) and the Egyptian Civilization was born

195,000 years doing nothing? Civilization restarted after the flood 5000 years ago

That is an awful lot of assumptions being based on something that was never observed.

* Man with all the intelligence, curiosity, creativity and drive we have today

Paul spoke before Occam, warning people of complex doctrine, lest they be deceived.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,976
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

2 hours ago, appy said:

I have no problem getting what evolution teaches, or that it is a theory. Contrary to popular opinion, it is often thought as fact, rather than simply a theory. Especially by unbeliever's. And it is taught as fact, NOT theory in public schools. Darwin is not the first to introduce the idea of “evolution” but the most vocal in his day. Darwin, may have read the bible, but he didn't believe it.

The bible's account and the theory of evolution are NOT equal, neither do they compliment one another. The two, are not compatible. People in general speaking either believe and trust God at His word, or they do not. Once we start to dehumanize mankind, there is no limit.

Theistic Evolution teaches that God took a less than human creature, and developed him into a human. This “theory” is contrary to what scripture says about mankind. This “theory” questions the trustworthiness of the Bible and what it says why mankind is in need of a savior. Genesis 1:26-28 teaches us That man was created from the ground, separately from all other creatures, and it is very clear in scripture that no animal past or present is man's equal.

Genesis 2:19 explicitly states that the animals also were formed from the ground. Just as mankind was also formed from the ground. Nothing in scripture even hints at creation evolving from one kind to another kind. We need to make sure our trust rests in the God who gave us Scripture, not human arguments that question His Word. 

And I take it that what I have previously said in the other post is not what some folks want to hear.

A lot of things are hard to understand about creation like today, why on earth are human baby embryos undistinguishable in early stages of development from animals, this is known as well even after birth, a human male and a male dog both have nonfunctional breast feeding tubes called nipples.

Edited by BeyondET
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oddly enough, male horses and mice are the only mammals without them. lol. yea us nippled humans will never fully grasp it.

Edited by BeyondET
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, appy said:

"Simply a theory". When you use words like this, it diminishes your point. Is Plate Tectonics "simply a theory"? There are plenty of facts and evidence that support the theory. 

2 hours ago, appy said:

Theistic evolution is not a theory. If we are going to use this word, we can't continue using it in one sense and then in a colloquial sense. This is an equivocation fallacy.

2 hours ago, appy said:

Implied false dilemma.

2 hours ago, appy said:

What I want to read is something that supports your view but is not a blatant strawman. You wrote, among other things, in the previous post:

"Think about this, horses never produce cattle. Dogs never produce cats, birds never produce lizards."

Theory of evolution does not make any claim to this. As @The Barbarian mentioned, this would actually undermine evolutionary theory. Making these statements rather undermines your argument.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

I do NOT agree, nor do I HAVE to agree with the assumption that humans evolved from apes, or any other creature when God's word says we humans were formed from the ground. We can either believe and trust  what the bible says, about the creation of man, or we can not.  In this regard, everyone has to make a decision.  I can't speak for anyone else, but I, myself certainly do NOT accept the theory of evolution.

Genesis 1:25
God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and everything that crawls upon the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

Genesis 2:7
Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Genesis 2:19
 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky.

Genesis 3:19
By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."

Ecclesiastes 3:20
All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.

1 Corinthians 15:47
 The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, appy said:

I do NOT agree, nor do I HAVE to agree with the assumption that humans evolved from apes, or any other creature when God's word says we humans were formed from the ground. We can either believe and trust  what the bible says, about the creation of man, or we can not.  In this regard, everyone has to make a decision.  I can't speak for anyone else, but I, myself certainly do NOT accept the theory of evolution.

God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and everything that crawls upon the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky.

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."

That’s a valid point, no one has to believe in anything, it’s free will to do so for sure.

rather a evolution view or a creator view, no human knows the process, rather God created the foot first, connected to the leg bone, connected to the hip bone,. then muscles flesh etc. it is to complex to mention thus the simplicity of the Bible statement man from dust to life no in between descriptions.

are there things happening in nature that No one can explain most surely there is, I’m not a fan of evolution per say. but how a human is formed is quite similar to what would be called evolutionary processes in the womb, a tad pole like type of creature thst swims to find a egg shell of liquid and from the you are formed. 

Theres more to it than just saying it’s all hog wash.

Edited by BeyondET
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, appy said:

I'm not sure if this intended to be a reply toward me or someone else, but just to be clear, I don't care if you don't agree with the idea of evolution. Disagreeing with it over scriptural or theological issues is fine.

I am not forcing you to accept evolutionary theory. I do want people that criticize it (or anything really) to actually understand what they criticize and not make up stuff about it in order to better support their own view. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  4

17 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Evolution simplified, a tad pole swims up a stream finds a ball of soup called an egg, nine months later whalla a human being

Hmm pretty sure that is not evolution you speak of

Ev·o·lu·tion

/ˌevəˈlo͞oSH(ə)n/

noun

1.the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

23 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Or like the Tibetans that inhale more air with each breath and breathe more rapidly than either sea-level populations or Andeans. Tibetans have better oxygenation at birth, enlarged lung volumes throughout life

Yes.   The mutated gene, EPAS1, that provides this protection,is quite different than the mutation found in Andean populations.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4264014/