• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

On 3/4/2021 at 6:18 PM, debrakay said:

This week I have been called a fool, a bigot, a racist, a wealthy white opioid addict, crazy, insane, ridiculous, and the problem with the world today.  Part of these come from a Senior forum I joined a week ago and part of them from a Christian forum I joined a couple of days ago.  Maybe it's time to admit I am not someone who needs to be on a forum, discussing anything other than recipes and the weather.  I give up.

WCF seems like a good place. I had problems at other forums though. Ive been mocked and banned more than a few times. Im not cut out for forums but WCF seems tolerant and more forgiving than other places ive been. God willing i wont ruin it, lol. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

8 hours ago, debrakay said:

Are you asking if I was "eager to post in controversial issues"?  Controversy is not my forte but I like to listen and learn as long as I can understand.  I understand simple conversation but shy away from the scholars and the language used by scholars in various topics.  I have been reading many different topics but if I cannot understand then I do not normally add a comment.  

You could ask questions and then you would understand what is being discussed. As for myself im not into theology much, at least not other peoples theology outside of scripture itself. I seek a simple path. I seek Gods leading and teaching. He didnt mean for it to be complicated, in my opinion anyway.

Guest kingdombrat
20 hours ago, leah777 said:

I am reading the longer posts. The deeper and/or more complex points to be made, or fuller explanations needed require longer, more detailed posts. The meat of the Word sometimes needs a lot of slicing and chewing!

I read them as well.  It's when I see someone quote and post in rebuttal is where I am witnessing people not reading thoroughly.   And, I notice many times posters are saying the [same thing] but it's true when they claim you write like you read.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  537
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/4/2021 at 3:18 PM, debrakay said:

This week I have been called a fool, a bigot, a racist, a wealthy white opioid addict, crazy, insane, ridiculous, and the problem with the world today.  Part of these come from a Senior forum I joined a week ago and part of them from a Christian forum I joined a couple of days ago.  Maybe it's time to admit I am not someone who needs to be on a forum, discussing anything other than recipes and the weather.  I give up.

@debrakay

I found the same thing some years ago from joining forums.

What I found is you need a deep love for people, A STRONG SENSE OF SELF-WORTH, and REALLY THICK SKIN to be on any forum.

It's not that you aren't cut out for forums; it's that many members come here to create problems, love to attack and fight and argue, and are mostly ignorant about being loving and kind, or just don't give a "RIP."

If you stay on any forum long enough you'll find who you can converse with and trust, and who to ignore.

If your a loving kind person, and are strong enough, stay here and be yourself, and show love to those who show no love to you.

The more of us who show an example of love and kindness, the more the unkind will either change or leave because many are just looking for a good verbal battle and if they don't get any, they will leave or change.

Don't give up if you feel you have good things to offer, but you'll have to be strong in the Lord to survive any forum.

• Well Said! 1