• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.61
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Frits said:

So if I ask you some questions about the Foundation, this one
teaching of Christ, you can always provide substantive answers?

1. Have you repented of dead works, and which ones?

2. Is the Lord Jesus God and what shows your faith in Him?

3. Were you baptized by immersion in water?
Have you been baptized with the Holy Ghost, do you speak in tongues audibly?

4. Do you lay your hands on sick people for healing?

5. Have you been raised from the dead through the Words of the Lord Jesus? (Jh.5:24)

6. Is there an eternal judgment and what does that mean?

If 1 or more of the above questions is answered with no, there is something wrong with your foundation!

Let me start with the friendly HELLO so you know I am not yelling, when I proceed with

I totally disagree with there being something wrong with MY foundation.

I DO NOT/have not speak/spoken in any other tongue, I do not/have not heal/healed, nor cast out demons.  What is spoken of in Heb 6 is IN DETAIL spoken of in 1 Corinth and will hopefully clear up what I believe Gods Truth to be on this subject.  Don't know if it has been brought up and please forgive me if it has OR if coming into the middle of the conversation I have MISUNDERSTOOD the point being made.  

First, I am wondering if you are you implying that 'speaking in tongues' is speaking in the DIVIDED/cloven tongue? 

Because THAT TONGUE, is a tongue  UNDERSTOOD BY ALL WHO HEAR IT.  NO INTERPRETER REQUIRED, ever.  It never sounds like anything but the native tongue of the person hearing it.  

The tongue that needs an interpreter, is just like you see when a deaf person is doing sign language in the background on tv so the deaf understand or the language written in English on a French movie etc. 

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with NEW tongues

Please take note of what new means
NEW  2537  kainos

new, fresh, unused, novel

New in quality (innovation), fresh in development or opportunity because not found exactly like this before.  

Greek
17 Signs now those having believed these will accompany in the name of Me demons they will cast out, with tongues they will speak new

The Holy Spirit speaking through you is DIFFERENT ALTOGETHER
Acts 2
3  And there appeared to them dividing tongues as of fire and sat upon one each of them

4  And they were filled with all Spirit Holy and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit was giving to utter forth to them

6  Having come about now the sound of this, came together the multitude and was confounded because was hearing one each the own language speaking them

8  And how WE HEAR EACH THE OWN LANGUAGE OF US, IN WHICH WE WERE BORN

Acts 10
44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Spirit fell on all them which heard the word.

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Spirit.

46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Spirit as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Acts 19
3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on Him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

7 And all the men were about twelve.

8 And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.

9 But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.

10 And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:

12 So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

AGAIN, no interpreter required when THE HOLY SPIRIT is involved, ALL UNDERSTAND

What SPECIFICALLY about the GIFTS given us? 

1 Corinthians 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

1 Corinthians 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

1 Corinthians 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

1 Corinthians 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.

1 Corinthians 12:15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

1 Corinthians 12:16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

1 Corinthians 12:17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

1 Corinthians 12:18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

1 Corinthians 12:19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?

1Corinthians 12:20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

1 Corinthians 12:21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

1 Corinthians 12:22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

1 Corinthians 12:23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

1 Corinthians 12:24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

1 Corinthians 12:25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

1 Corinthians 12:26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

1 Corinthians 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

1 Corinthians 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

1 Corinthians 12:29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

1 Corinthians 12:30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

1 Corinthians 12:31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

1 Corinthians 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

1 Corinthians 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

1 Corinthians 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

1 Corinthians 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

I DO NOT/have not speak/spoken in any other tongue, I do not/have not heal/healed, nor cast out demons. 

me neither sister :heart:

I am not sure what cloven tongues are though? 

• Group:  Royal Member

Just now, leah777 said:

me neither sister :heart:

I am not sure what cloven tongues are though? 

Just a name for the Holy Spirit speaking "through you" language.  Which is specific to time and place and not the same as new tongues/languages aka french spanish english etc...

Acts 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

Acts 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

Acts 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

Acts 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72

30 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Acts 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

I see. Split flames of fire, like a cloven hoof. Thank you for explaining.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,871
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, DeighAnn said:

Just a name for the Holy Spirit speaking "through you" language.  Which is specific to time and place and not the same as new tongues/languages aka french spanish english etc...

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

Acts 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

Acts 2:7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

Acts 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

I read all your posts, took me quite some time, and I enjoy it but there is something missing. 

You forgot to add one more chapter!

13 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I read all your posts, took me quite some time, and I enjoy it but there is something missing. 

Which one?

14 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

All of them? quite some time is right.  Thank God I pared them down to the bare essentials! Notice any 'mood swings'?  No need to answer that.  Did you find any false teachings?  Anywhere you think any sort of deception has crept in or places that need deeper study? 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,871
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

43 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

All of them? quite some time is right.  Thank God I pared them down to the bare essentials! Notice any 'mood swings'?  No need to answer that.  Did you find any false teachings?  Anywhere you think any sort of deception has crept in or places that need deeper study? 

Thank you it was easy to read, and I have enriched my self, my post meant to say I was so absorbed by the reading that I wish there still more, it was quite a work  and THANK YOU. 

Jesus loves people who care to feed his sheep. 

10 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Thank you it was easy to read, and I have enriched my self, my post meant to say I was so absorbed by the reading that I wish there still more, it was quite a work  and THANK YOU. 

Jesus loves people who care to feed his sheep. 

Blessed indeed are we who just LOVE GODS WORD. Thank you for feeding also!!!

This is something I wish I would have recognized earlier and accepted as a truth (cause it didn't/doesn't matter how I see myself but comes from the work being done) and JUST IN CASE you haven't yet, so you don't wait until the 1000th time, like me

Proverbs 16  
[belong] to man the preparation of the heart but [is] from YHVH the answer of the tongue. 

All the ways of a man [are] pure in his own eyes but weighs the spirits Yehovah

COMMIT TO YHVH YOUR WORKS AND WILL BE ESTABLISHED YOUR THOUGHTS

They aren't accidents, happenstance, coincidences etc., they are LEADINGS from the Spirit and we can be SURE they are because IT IS ALWAYS WRITTEN.   The Word will ALWAYS back itself up, if it doesn't, there is a problem with our eyes, our dividing, or the thought. 

God bless you and keep you on the path

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  409
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Birthday:  07/25/1961

18 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Let me start with the friendly HELLO so you know I am not yelling, when I proceed with

I totally disagree with there being something wrong with MY foundation.

I DO NOT/have not speak/spoken in any other tongue, I do not/have not heal/healed, nor cast out demons.  What is spoken of in Heb 6 is IN DETAIL spoken of in 1 Corinth and will hopefully clear up what I believe Gods Truth to be on this subject.  Don't know if it has been brought up and please forgive me if it has OR if coming into the middle of the conversation I have MISUNDERSTOOD the point being made.  

First, I am wondering if you are you implying that 'speaking in tongues' is speaking in the DIVIDED/cloven tongue? 

Because THAT TONGUE, is a tongue  UNDERSTOOD BY ALL WHO HEAR IT.  NO INTERPRETER REQUIRED, ever.  It never sounds like anything but the native tongue of the person hearing it.  

The tongue that needs an interpreter, is just like you see when a deaf person is doing sign language in the background on tv so the deaf understand or the language written in English on a French movie etc. 

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with NEW tongues

Please take note of what new means
NEW  2537  kainos

New in quality (innovation), fresh in development or opportunity because not found exactly like this before.  

Greek
17 Signs now those having believed these will accompany in the name of Me demons they will cast out, with tongues they will speak new

The Holy Spirit speaking through you is DIFFERENT ALTOGETHER
Acts 2
3  And there appeared to them dividing tongues as of fire and sat upon one each of them

4  And they were filled with all Spirit Holy and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit was giving to utter forth to them

6  Having come about now the sound of this, came together the multitude and was confounded because was hearing one each the own language speaking them

8  And how WE HEAR EACH THE OWN LANGUAGE OF US, IN WHICH WE WERE BORN

Acts 10
44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Spirit fell on all them which heard the word.

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Spirit.

46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Spirit as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Acts 19
3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on Him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

7 And all the men were about twelve.

8 And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.

9 But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.

10 And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:

12 So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

AGAIN, no interpreter required when THE HOLY SPIRIT is involved, ALL UNDERSTAND

What SPECIFICALLY about the GIFTS given us? 

1 Corinthians 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

1 Corinthians 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

1 Corinthians 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

1 Corinthians 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

1 Corinthians 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.

1 Corinthians 12:15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

1 Corinthians 12:16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

1 Corinthians 12:17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

1 Corinthians 12:18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

1 Corinthians 12:19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?

1Corinthians 12:20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

1 Corinthians 12:21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

1 Corinthians 12:22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

1 Corinthians 12:23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

1 Corinthians 12:24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

1 Corinthians 12:25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

1 Corinthians 12:26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

1 Corinthians 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

1 Corinthians 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

1 Corinthians 12:29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

1 Corinthians 12:30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

1 Corinthians 12:31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

1 Corinthians 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

1 Corinthians 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

1 Corinthians 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

1 Corinthians 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

@DeighAnn

A very friendly hello to you too, Sister Ann!

What I notice about the foundation Jesus Christ in your life is, first of all, my deep gratitude to Him who brought us from the dead into His life by forgiving our sins and that He is our foundation both in your life and in my life.  Hallelujah, praise the Lord Jesus!

His foundation in our lives should above all be skillfully laid. (1Cor.3:10)
Unfortunately, there are many precious children of God, dear Christians, in which the foundation of the faith has been incompletely laid!  Because of this, certain parts of God's foundation are not or hardly used, which inhibits the work and blessing of the Lord Jesus!

The city that lies on a mountain cannot be hidden, and if we follow the Lord Jesus we will have to do the healing work that the Lord Jesus did. (Mt.5:14, Jh.14:12)
The Lord Jesus cast out demons, He laid His hands on sick people and He raised the dead!

Moreover, at the end of His earthly life the Lord Jesus Christ indicated the recognisability of His followers:

Mar 16:17 KJV And these signs shall follow them that believe; IN MY NAME shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues

"Because THAT TONGUE, is a tongue  UNDERSTOOD BY ALL WHO HEAR IT."

As for the understanding of the divided tongues from Acts 2, v9-11 states that people of different nationalities were present in Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost:

Han 2:9 KJV Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
Han 2:10 KJV Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
Han 2:11 KJV Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

They heard the believers speak in their tongues the wonderful works of God.
But do you think it was because the apostles spoke so "intelligibly" in new tongues, or because the grace of the Lord Jesus gave these devout people the ability to understand them?
Could the Parthians speak to the Jews of Pamphylia outside of their Hebrew (and Greek) language?
Could the Arab Jews understand what was said by the Asians or the Elamites?

The apostles spoke the new language of the Holy Spirit and that language was understood by the strangers, because God could open their ears on the spot and give them to understand.
The apostles didn't even have to understand it, but the strangers understood what was spoken by God. 
Each of these men heard the same words, but they were onderstood in their own language.
Thus the devout were addressed by God.
But there was another a group present, they were the mockers!
These mockers also heard the same words of God, but they understood nothing at all!
(v13)
God could give the devout people the ability to understand Him, those who mock God received nothing!

But God had said through His prophet, that He would be glorified by men of foreign language:

Jes 28:11 KJV For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

"Please take note of what new means  NEW  2537  kainos

New in quality (innovation), fresh in development or opportunity because not found exactly like this before."  

The outpouring of the Holy Spirit into ordinary believing people, Pentecost, was new in history!
This had never happened before, for the Spirit of God to dwell in believers who love Him.
That was new.  So new that a whole series of new things could be named from it.
Through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, a new creature has come into being. (2Cor.5:17)
For this human being the old sinful existence is over and s/he lives in newness of life, hallelujah!
The new man of God, with a new live in the Lord Jesus, with a new righteous identity, and a new language, because God Himself wants to speak in and through her for redemption and for healing.

God bless you, sister.