IGNORED

anyone here seen the Meghan Markle's Oprah interview?

Equippers

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

To be honest, I don't know what to make of it.

though one thing stood out to me in the interview was when she said Archie should have been given the title "prince" and the protection that come along with it.

She mentioned the Royal convention decrees that a grandson of the reigning monarch should be given the title.

But here is the thing though, Archie is not yet a grandchild of a reigning monarch, but a great grandson (until prince Charles ascend the throne)

anyway, this is not the first time this happens, as Prince Edwards' two children, who are "actual" grandchildren of a reigning monarch, were not given the title "prince" or "princess" as well, and Meghan must know this. So it can't be a discrimination against Archie!

anyway, below is an article from the New York Times on this issue. Bear in mind New York Times, for all intent and purposes, a far left publication now, so they can't be trusted to provide unbiased facts. I thought I state this because many things talked in the article varies to my memory of the interview (though I can't be sure my memory is 100% correct)

but it is still worthwhile to check it out

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/08/world/europe/archie-prince.html

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

1 hour ago, Equippers said:

though one thing stood out to me in the interview was when she said Archie should have been given the title "prince" and the protection that come along with it.

She mentioned the Royal convention decrees that a grandson of the reigning monarch should be given the title.

But here is the thing though, Archie is not yet a grandchild of a reigning monarch, but a great grandson (until prince Charles ascend the throne)

anyway, this is not the first time this happens, as Prince Edwards' two children, who are "actual" grandchildren of a reigning monarch, were not given the title "prince" or "princess" as well, and Meghan must know this. So it can't be a discrimination against Archie!

anyway, below is an article from the New York Times on this issue. Bear in mind New York Times, for all intent and purposes, a far left publication now, so they can't be trusted to provide unbiased facts. I thought I state this because many things talked in the article varies to my memory of the interview (though I can't be sure my memory is 100% correct)

In America we love to throw in the race card and make everything about race. Therefore the facts don’t matter only the emotions and personal experiences.

Edited by exrockstar
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, Equippers said:

I hope no-one gets executed!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

5 hours ago, Equippers said:

She also mentioned that they eliminated Harry's security detail and he is a grandson of the reigning monarch. That's a suspicious action if indeed it's true but I'm sure we'll never know the truth and frankly it's none of our business.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,790
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  223
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

She said so many things that are so obviously untrue that it is hard to take anything she did say seriously ( they are known as the whinge and ginge duo here )   First she complains about the amount of press coverage being intrusive ...this from an actress that relies on press coverage and publicity to stay in work and who has a father who openly acknowledges that he makes his living selling such stories then when she very publicly leaves the job she agree to she appears to have a photographer joined to her at the hip with no complaints unless they take less than flattering photos ????

She complains that as a grandchild her son should have been a prince .... talk to Princess ANN she is the reigning monarchs DAUGHTER and her children have no titles at all nor do they receive pay outs from the royal purse ( ie public money )   

The public ( without any say in it ) paid over £30 MILIION for her wedding and she spat in their faces by telling everyone they were married three days earlier ( lies by the way )

She disregarded the rules that are in place for all royal family members as well as politicians about NOT receiving free gifts and continued to have her clothes paid for by firms wanting the publicity until her father in law stepped in and paid for her clothes himself just as he paid for all the alterations she wanted done to the house they had been gifted  WOW I know my in laws were never that generous 

She complains that her complaints of mental ill health were not taken seriously but as an adult she didnt bother to consult a doctor either whilst living in England ( where it would have been free ) or when she returned to the USA to have baby showers etc so just how concerned were either of them ????

They both claimed they wanted to be free to live their own lives and pursue their own financial independence and then whine that  no one was paying for them to do it ?????

Her manners are appalling ..who announces a pregnancy at someone else's wedding ????   Self centred much ?????

They cant even get their stories straight and he is just as bad since he just gives her anything she wants without thinking through the costs and then moans about what he has " lost " 

Sorry but the more they open their mouths the less creditable they are I am literally praying for them to take a good look at what they are doing and find some happiness in their lives that doesnt include pulling others down when they cant get their own way

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

I seen the interview. My first impressions were there was still a good bit of mental confusion going on. Like they were making up other reasons for doing what they did instead of the real reasons coming out. I sensed a protective layer there covering up the real truth. The explanations were not solidly clear or clear enough to justify such extreme actions. All families have their little quibbles and things are sometimes said that are offensive. I don't believe the British press helps one bit. To me, the whole British press is nothing but gossips who write articles and to heck with the facts.

You know they have a contract with Netflix for millions. They have a company. In Megan's own words they are "thriving". They live in the epicenter for collaboration in creative movie ventures. Apparently Princess Diana left $$ to the prince. 

They might end up doing very well without the royal family indeed. They already are. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,790
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  223
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

and yet they still want to receive the titles and the perks that go to those who do actually work within the royal family :noidea:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I have mixed feelings about this. She said she felt suicidal and could not get any help.  I feel bad for anyone who feels that way or has to go through something like that. But then it is hard for me to feel sorry for them when they are living a life of wealth and fame, and I am sitting here wondering how am I going to pay this month's electric bill.   I think people not believing her or not feeling sympathy for her isn't just because we are all racist. But we are living in a time when people are waiting in line at food give anyways so that they can feed their families. People have lost their jobs and their income. Some people have to get up at 4am to try to log onto the state unemployment site in the hopes that they can get an unemployment funds, which isn't even enough to cover their rent. Then here is someone who married into wealth and fame going on TV complaining about how hard life is  is for them.  So what the tabloids say mean things about up. At less you don't have to worry about how your going to pay your rent at the end of the month. 

Well I don't know. This is just my thoughts on the whole thing right now.  :noidea:

Edited by LadyKay
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

On 3/11/2021 at 6:07 PM, Equippers said:

I have seen on the news that there was an interview. I am just not interested. 

• Thumbs Up 1