• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/27/2021 at 4:36 PM, R. Hartono said:

Holy Spirit baptism is from Lord Jesus Himself, not mere water baptism protocol from man. Otherwise u only learn Theology.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

2 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Holy Spirit baptism is from Lord Jesus Himself, not mere water baptism protocol from man. Otherwise u only learn Theology.

try reading your Bible - very informative and teaches correct doctrine:

John 3:22 After this Jesus and his disciples went into the land of Judea; there he remained with them and baptized. 23 John also was baptizing at Ae′non near Salim, because there was much water there; and people came and were baptized.

John 4:1 Now when the Lord knew that the Pharisees had heard that Jesus was making and baptizing more disciples than John 2 (although Jesus himself did not baptize, but only his disciples), 3 he left Judea and departed again to Galilee.

sorry Jesus himself was baptized by full immersion and likewise his disciples were also baptized by full immersion. To be a Christian a disciple MUST be born again of water and Spirit. Jesus and the apostles teach us all of this ... 

Acts 10:44 While Peter was still saying this, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word. 45 And the believers from among the circumcised who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles. 46 For they heard them speaking in tongues and extolling God. Then Peter declared, 47 “Can any one forbid water for baptizing these people who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to remain for some days. 

• Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.05

4 hours ago, Waggles said:

try reading your Bible - very informative and teaches correct doctrine:

John 3:22 After this Jesus and his disciples went into the land of Judea; there he remained with them and baptized. 23 John also was baptizing at Ae′non near Salim, because there was much water there; and people came and were baptized.

John 4:1 Now when the Lord knew that the Pharisees had heard that Jesus was making and baptizing more disciples than John 2 (although Jesus himself did not baptize, but only his disciples), 3 he left Judea and departed again to Galilee.

sorry Jesus himself was baptized by full immersion and likewise his disciples were also baptized by full immersion. To be a Christian a disciple MUST be born again of water and Spirit. Jesus and the apostles teach us all of this ... 

Acts 10:44 While Peter was still saying this, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word. 45 And the believers from among the circumcised who came with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles. 46 For they heard them speaking in tongues and extolling God. Then Peter declared, 47 “Can any one forbid water for baptizing these people who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to remain for some days. 

• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

Who can forbid the outward expression of the inward Saved.

Can salvation be partly or a half save until

Peter and John certainly did not forbid but seems something was a miss the baptism was simply a gesture basically they implied.

acts 8:12But when they believed Philip as he preached the gospel of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 13Even Simon himself believed and was baptized. He followed Philip closely and was astounded by the great signs and miracles he observed.

14When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them. 15On their arrival, they prayed for them to receive the Holy Spirit. 16For the Holy Spirit had not yet fallen upon any of them; they had simply been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus. 17Then Peter and John laid their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

what if a man is 80 in good health never was totally convinced of Jesus then has a change of heart a revelation of sorts late at night falls asleep dies of natural causes in his sleep is something lacking for him to had a chance at full salvation, like saying it takes two to make it complete baptism and receiving the Holy Spirit.

Was John the Baptist the only one to be called to baptize, is it appropriate if just anyone do it who believe,

or are their actual callings to be a baptizer per say? 

Is baptism a one time deal, does a person who sins after saved need a baptism again

Myself I would like to get baptized one day somewhere I assume one just can not jump in lake by yourself, my parents mostly pops had me baptized when I was a child but not something I remember. Is it acceptable to honor what my father had done for me as enough today?

Edited by BeyondET

9 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Was John the Baptist the only one to be called to baptize, is it appropriate if just anyone do it who believe,

or are their actual callings to be a baptizer per say? 

Is baptism a one time deal, does a person who sins after saved need a baptism again

Myself I would like to get baptized one day somewhere I assume one just can not jump in lake by yourself, my parents mostly pops had me baptized when I was a child but not something I remember. Is it acceptable to honor what my father had done for me as enough today?

Baptism is carried out by other Christian disciples who themselves have been baptised at an age of understanding.

You are baptised unto repentance (babies cannot do that) confessing your faith in Christ Jesus as your Lord and Saviour and believing the Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead to give you newness of life. (Babies cannot do this). 

Full immersion baptism is the only baptism described in scripture and is for the forgiveness (remission) of past sins before our desire to forego our old lives and to become disciples of Jesus. Death, burial and resurrection > discipleship. 

Any baptised Christian can baptise a convert: it is not a ministry, nor is it an entitlement for pastors or elders. I myself have no office in my church and I was asked to be the person to baptise by a man with whom I had witnessed to over a long period of time.  

If you have been sprinkled or christened as a baby I would suggest that as an adult you seek to be baptised confessing your faith. That is scripture and approved of by God. Scripture teaches that we are to repent and to be baptised for the remission of our sins. 

Parents do what they believe to be right and tradition is a big factor in going along with infant sprinkling. Lutherans do this as much as Catholics. But now that you as an adult know more about what scripture teaches then you ought to put into action what God approves and teaches.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Waggles said:

Baptism is carried out by other Christian disciples who themselves have been baptised at an age of understanding.

You are baptised unto repentance (babies cannot do that) confessing your faith in Christ Jesus as your Lord and Saviour and believing the Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead to give you newness of life. (Babies cannot do this). 

Full immersion baptism is the only baptism described in scripture and is for the forgiveness (remission) of past sins before our desire to forego our old lives and to become disciples of Jesus. Death, burial and resurrection > discipleship. 

Any baptised Christian can baptise a convert: it is not a ministry, nor is it an entitlement for pastors or elders. I myself have no office in my church and I was asked to be the person to baptise by a man with whom I had witnessed to over a long period of time.  

If you have been sprinkled or christened as a baby I would suggest that as an adult you seek to be baptised confessing your faith. That is scripture and approved of by God. Scripture teaches that we are to repent and to be baptised for the remission of our sins. 

Parents do what they believe to be right and tradition is a big factor in going along with infant sprinkling. Lutherans do this as much as Catholics. But now that you as an adult know more about what scripture teaches then you ought to put into action what God approves and teaches.

I have to ask, if I don’t get around to being baptized would that leave me in jeopardy of salvation? 

Are there exceptions to the ordinance of baptism, like what I mentioned about the 80 yr old man or other factors like a drought stricken area on earth maybe no running water or a safe river or lake to jump in that people won’t get bit by a wild animal or say I had a fear of water drowning dont like to be immersed in water which might cause fear and anxiety.

4 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

I have to ask, if I don’t get around to being baptized would that leave me in jeopardy of salvation? 

Are there exceptions to the ordinance of baptism, like what I mentioned about the 80 yr old man or other factors like a drought stricken area on earth maybe no running water or a safe river or lake to jump in that people won’t get bit by a wild animal or say I had a fear of water drowning dont like to be immersed in water which might cause fear and anxiety.

Seek your answers from God. 

I just do what the scriptures command me to do. 

Complex scenarios of might or might not be, if this happens or that happens, belong in the catechism class. 

You need to ask yourself what is stopping you from being baptised?

Acts 22:12 “And one Anani′as, a devout man according to the law, well spoken of by all the Jews who lived there, 13 came to me, and standing by me said to me, ‘Brother Saul, receive your sight.’ And in that very hour I received my sight and saw him. 14 And he said, ‘The God of our fathers appointed you to know his will, to see the Just One and to hear a voice from his mouth; 15 for you will be a witness for him to all men of what you have seen and heard. 16 And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on his name.’

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

Being born of water isn't about baptism. It must refer to being in the womb. We live in water inside the womb and are born from it. 

57 minutes ago, Whyme said:

Being born of water isn't about baptism. It must refer to being in the womb. We live in water inside the womb and are born from it. 

facepalm.gif.bf1ab5522c1f15b0c739cf3895e1b8a5.gifGood grief unbelievable 

1 hour ago, Waggles said:

Seek your answers from God. 

I just do what the scriptures command me to do. 

Complex scenarios of might or might not be, if this happens or that happens, belong in the catechism class. 

You need to ask yourself what is stopping you from being baptised?

Acts 22:12 “And one Anani′as, a devout man according to the law, well spoken of by all the Jews who lived there, 13 came to me, and standing by me said to me, ‘Brother Saul, receive your sight.’ And in that very hour I received my sight and saw him. 14 And he said, ‘The God of our fathers appointed you to know his will, to see the Just One and to hear a voice from his mouth; 15 for you will be a witness for him to all men of what you have seen and heard. 16 And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on his name.’

Thanks and you’re right the answer is something I need to search.

though in my opinion full body Emerson is a fat luxury in its self without a doubt for there are thousands if not millions who don’t even have access to fresh drinking water. people licking their lips at the sight of a big bath of fresh water rather than jumping in.

Yes I think it is something I should do yet I don’t agree with it being an absolute requirement for there is to many if ands buts.  

Edited by BeyondET