IGNORED

Verse citation please: OT Prophets accountable for not delivering Gods word to sinners

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Greetings!

This is my first post here. I'm looking for a verse citation. Google searching gives me false positives and I'm hoping those who study Old Testament Bible prophecy on this forum can help.

I discovered the passage this Summer during covid, but cant recall where in the Bible, save that I think it is in Isaiah or Jeremiah, but it could be in the lesser prophets as well.

The verse conveyed this meaning:

"If I, as a prophet, fail to deliver God's messages to his people that can save them from their sin and call them to repentance, then they will die but I will be held responsible"

This isnt a passage I've ever heard in church.

Any help is appreciated.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Eze 33:6  But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, so that the people are not warned, and the sword comes and takes any one of them, that person is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at the watchman's hand.

.............and you are welcome

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  5

And this too 

““Son of man, I am making you a watchman for Israel. I will tell you about bad things that will happen to them, and you must warn Israel. If I say, ‘These evil people will die!’ Then you must warn them. You must tell them to change their lives and stop doing evil. If you don’t warn them, they will die because they sinned. But I will also make you responsible for their death, because you did not go to them and save their lives.

“If you warn them and tell them to change their lives and stop doing evil, but they refuse to listen, they will die because they sinned. But since you warned them, you will have saved your own life. “If good people stop being good and begin to do evil, and I send something that makes them stumble and sin, they will die because they sinned. But since you did not warn them and remind them of the good things they had done, I will make you responsible for their death.

“But if you warn good people and tell them to stop sinning, and they listen to your warning and stop sinning, they will not die. In that way you will have saved your own life.””
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭3:17-21‬ ‭

• Thumbs Up 1