IGNORED

What is speaking in tongues and prophesying?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

you just don't see what is written happening today it's that simple

Where is what is written not happening today? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,373
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

11 hours ago, Waggles said:

Where is what is written not happening today? 

Anyone who reads the accounts within Scripture of healings and looks at what is claimed to be the same today has the obvious conclusion it is not! Because if it were none could deny the power... Just like the Pharisees and Sadducees of that day hated Jesus and wanted to kill Him... but they could not deny the miracles for they were self evident in their examination so they claimed the power to be of the devil...

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

I read through all of these posts. ALL of them so far. While I agree with much of what has been said I feel in my spirit that something is not right about the delivery of the message. It's almost as if a few here have been mobbed for having a different viewpoint.

No matter how you slice it when people have a forceful way it usually has the result of turning people off, especially people who might not quite be getting it all right away.

Even though I'm sure it's unintended, the result is a mish mash of statements that sound like a bunch of people who have "arrived" spiritually and that leaves the rest of us who have not met the criteria being addressed as spiritual wanna be's. In reality I think it's just a zeal that comes across all wrong to me sometimes.

I was saved in 1968 and rededicated my life again in 1973. I'm throwing that out there not to brag but to show you I've been around awhile. I was only 6 when I was saved. The Holy Spirit convicted me and I went forward as a public profession of what happened inside. I have NEVER spoken in tongues. Will you look derogatorily on me as well?

The Lord has used me to play instruments in worship in front of hundreds of people and still does to this day even though I have never been the type to show a lot of emotion externally. Generally if people around me are clapping I have no inclination to do so. I am a very introverted type of person but when the music starts the Lord uses me. I would say my gift is probably more the gift of "helps". I help to assist in making things happen including worship. I might also be the guy moving the chairs around or helping someone with something else at church or in some capacity during the week. 

So please explain to me why I haven't spoken in an unknown tongue? All of you who have spiritually "arrived" and had a personal touch from the Lord? 

I'm so happy for all of those who had such a close touch from God. I guess I missed something along the way.:noidea: If it hasn't happened yet I doubt it ever will.

I shall be forever indebted to the honor of reading the posts of the truly spiritually endowed. All I really want is to get into Heaven's gates where ever that is. If there is another "level" of spirituality I might never see it.??

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I'm not one to push anything on anyone pertaining to the gifts of the Spirit.  That is up to the Holy Spirit to do with as He sees fit, not me or anyone else.  If the Holy Spirit gives a gift, it is up to the individual to operate within the gift, not up to me to make sure the gifted does what he is suppose to do.   I do believe the gifts are still for today, just as much as I believe that there are fake gifts being portrayed in the body today.   Why the fake gifts?  Because people what to look more spiritual and seem to of obtained more power from God, all indicators of the "follow me" crowd.  Just like Satan did, so do those who act out the false gifts do.

I have observed over the years how emotions play a huge role in the church services, from the emotional music to the emotional gifts being shown.  It has become more of a side show than the humble working of God as it once was.  If you want to see the real gifts operate, then look for those who are walking as the disciples once walked, in faith, maturity and humility.  Even Paul had trouble with those who wanted to be a step above everyone else during the church services of his time.

Remember, "But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills."  Man does not appoint gifts and man does not judge who should have which gift.  God does.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

16 hours ago, enoob57 said:

you just don't see what is written happening today it's that simple ... and I have explained why I think that is....

But ... we are to walk by faith, not by sight.  We are to believe that what the Bible says is true (e.g. about the gifts of the Holy Spirit), whether we have seen them in operation or not.  As it happens, I have seen them in operation.  I have also seen false gifts.

We have to remember that much of the professing Church is made up of the unsaved, so we should not expect anything good from them.  Then there are all the genuine Christians, who have been taught that the gifts ceased with the closing of the canon of Scripture, or with the death of the last of the twelve apostles (John) - the excuses for unbelief vary.  These people trust their teachers, but they should be like the faithful Bereans, who searched the Scriptures, to see whether or not what they teach is true.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,373
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, David1701 said:

But ... we are to walk by faith, not by sight.

But the gift of healing was very much a sensual reality as God intended to show He was Who He said he was by supernatural means:
John 14:10-12

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
KJV

As the New Testament progresses the mention of the sign gifts become less and less till none are spoken of at all... as to vs 12 "greater works than these shall he do " must be then the why of Jesus had to return to The Father >so that The Comforter would come< and now with the New Testament being written as letters circulated among the Churches with the presence of The Holy Spirit people were being made into New Borns of God s/Spiritually made alive for God's use and to me that has to be the greatest of all works... certainly in reasoning a healing of a body and the miracle itself which will not be remembered is much less in significance to that which will be forever with God :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,253
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

On 4/24/2021 at 3:15 AM, Waggles said:

In Pentecost churches we do. We share our testimonies to miracles, healings and answered prayers. Our fellowship tends to be positive, and when people suffer tribulations or a medical/health issue of concern then we will pray for others in tongues confident that God will work it out according to his will.

Another main aspect of faith and our walk that we have in common is the concept of being overcomers in the power and work of the Holy Spirit. 

The problem with this is that they often focus on the miraculous and not on the God of the miraculous.  This can cause grave errors like the "Toranto Experience".

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,253
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

There are several Pentecostal pastors that I have greatly admired.  They had seen miracles that most would not believe.  It was when I heard them saying to each other that the greatest miracle is the salvation of souls that I became convinced that they were authentic.

Sam Sassar was a missionary to the Pacific islands, from the New Hebrides to Bikini atoll and had been ship wrecked and had plane crashes.  He traveled by tramp steamers in which everything on board had been sea sick and vomited, including the livestock.  

One plane crash left him walking on a coral reef that poisoned him.  It caused him to lose an eye.  When he returned to the States he became the principal of a Christian School. Once some little boys asked if they could see his glass eye.  He popped it out and handed it to them.  They ran out the door and chased some girls around the halls holding it up to them.    These people were real, down to earth and very humble.  Sam's travels sounded like Paul's.  

"Dr. Sam Sasser In Loving Memory. Dr. Sam Sasser. July 31, 1937 - September 27, 1995. Dr. Sam Sasser was greatly loved by many thousands of Pacific Islanders. Since 1960 he served as a missionary in the Marshall Islands and Samoa, helped establish 26 churches, and pastored in Honolulu, California, and Texas."

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

23 hours ago, enoob57 said:

But the gift of healing was very much a sensual reality as God intended to show He was Who He said he was by supernatural means:
John 14:10-12

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
KJV

As the New Testament progresses the mention of the sign gifts become less and less till none are spoken of at all... as to vs 12 "greater works than these shall he do " must be then the why of Jesus had to return to The Father >so that The Comforter would come< and now with the New Testament being written as letters circulated among the Churches with the presence of The Holy Spirit people were being made into New Borns of God s/Spiritually made alive for God's use and to me that has to be the greatest of all works... certainly in reasoning a healing of a body and the miracle itself which will not be remembered is much less in significance to that which will be forever with God :) 

The gifts of healings (both plural - there is not just one gift of healing) are not only to demonstrate the power of God, but also that the kingdom of God is within us (born again Christians), that the gospel is of God and is in power, not word only, and that God has compassion on those who need healing.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

a testimony to many healings 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJxlZdIVjAw