• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

WHOOPSY  DAISY  

2 CORINTHIANS 10:15  not boasting of things without our measure that is of other mens labors but having hope when ---your faith is increased--- that we shall be enlarged by you according to our rule abundantly 

--10:16-- to preach the gospel in the regions beyond you ---and not to boast--- in another mans line of things --- made ready to our hand 

--10:17-- but he that glorieth let him glory in  THE  LORD

2 CORINTHIANS 3:5 not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves ---but our sufficiency is of  GOD 

2 TIMOTHY 4:16  at my first answer no man stood with me but all men forsook me I pray  GOD  that it may not be laid to their charge 

--4:17-- notwithstanding  THE  LORD  stood with me and strengthened me that by me the preaching might be --fully known-- and that all the gentiles might hear  --- and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 5/6/2021 at 12:44 PM, missmuffet said:

It pertains to the book of Revelation which I see a lot false teaching on Worthy. But it can also pertain to the whole Bible. 

Looking again at the text..

Revelation 22: 18-19

For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I see your distinction that you provided however you immediately negate that to say that it would also apply to the entire Bible, that would be a significant stretch if not an error since the entire Bible was compiled together centuries after each book was written.

There have been words added or taken away during the process of translating any particular verse (I can think of 3), two in particular that has changed the meaning of the original author.

And there have been those who've hinted that the curses of Rev.22 come upon someone who doctrinally disagrees with someone else. So there have been abuses of one sort or another.

But the curses and plagues of Rev.22 would only be actually applied to those whom the apostle John intended concerning the book of Revelation.. and wouldn't apply to anyone who has abused the text in any of the other books of the Bible because not all of them are written in the manner that John received.. directly from the appeared and risen Savior. Not even old testament prophecies have such a curse upon them. Nor do Paul's or Peter's prophecies within each of their respective epistles. Nor does any of Jesus prophecies that he spoke during his earthly ministry.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/6/2021 at 12:43 PM, debrakay said:

I'm sorry but I do not know what a cessationist is.  I do not know what dispensational thought is.  I do not much care about theories on pre, post, or any other type of millennialism.  For me, I have been sharing the gospel for 40 years and I have seen the fruits of my labor.  I very much doubt that anything I do will ever rob Jesus Christ of any of His divinity.  In fact, I don't think there is anyone, anywhere that can take anything away from God the Son. When the Father said His name was I AM that pretty well said to me there is no change EVER in who He is.  He is the same, yesterday, today, and forever so nothing little ole me can do will ever change anything about Him or His divinity.  

Was your answer to my question yes or no? That's all I really wanted to know.

default_thumbsup.gif.c47dee03be4b2fed16da67eee07a8afa.gif
Amen sister...

I also have to look up those words in the dictionary, and don't participate so much  in discussions using descriptive terminology not in my vocabulary.
I personally believe in searching the scriptures, study, and listen to my betters.
Eventually, I set down the studies and apply what I have learned. Use or lose it.
As a carpenter/cabinet maker I have a lot of tools in my shop.
However, the majority of them are used infrequently, and the few are used daily.
I do not need more tools/scriptural knowledge, to plant seed.
What a person must do to seek the salvation of the Lord, and how they can be
equipped to walk/abide in Christ, every/any true believer can share.
To whom much is given, much is required.
We do not study the word to take an examination, or win debates.
But to learn wisdom, truth, light.
And then to walk in that light!  How to abide. To trust---and obey...
Deciding each day is a day to rejoice, and give the reason.....

"But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him?
And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him?
And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?"

"And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent?
That is why the Scriptures say,

“How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!”
Romans 10

( The lost needs the simple childlike good news, and someone willing to share)

• Group:  Diamond Member

CURSED ??

JOHN 14:15  if you love  ME  keep my commandments 

1 CORINTHIANS 16:22  if any man love not  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  let him be anathema -- maranatha /  accursed  O LORD come

1 CORINTHIANS 10:4  and did all drink the same spiritual drink for they drank of that spiritual rock that followed them and that rock was CHRIST 

JOHN 3:35  THE  FATHER  loveth  THE  SON  and hath given all things into  HIS  hand

REVELATION 19:10  and I fell at his feet to worship him and he said unto me see thou do it not I am thy fellowservant and of thy brethren that have the testimony of  JESUS  worship  GOD  for the testimony of  JESUS  is the spirit of prophecy

• Group:  Diamond Member

BEAUTIFUL FEET ???

PSALM 119:59  I thought on my ways and turned my feet unto thy testimonies 

PSALM 119:101  I have refrained my feet from every evil way that I might keep thy word

1 JOHN 1:6  if we say we have fellowship with  HIM  and walk in darkness we lie and do not the truth 

3 JOHN 1:4  I have no greater joy than to hear that  MY  children walk in truth

JEREMIAH 14:10  thus saith  THE  LORD  unto this people thus have they loved to wander they have --not refrained their feet-- therefore  THE  LORD  doth not accept them -- HE  will now remember their iniquity and visit their sins --

ISAIAH 52:7  how beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings that publisheth peace that bringeth good tidings of good that publisheth salvation that saith unto zion ---THY  GOD  REIGNETH--- 

MARK 10:18  and  JESUS  said unto them why callest thou me good there is none good but one that is  GOD

PROVERBS 1:15  my son walk not thou in the way with them --- refrain thy foot from their path 

ISAIAH 59:7  their feet run to evil and they make haste to shed innocent blood their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity wasting and destruction are in their paths 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 5/5/2021 at 12:25 PM, Arrabon said:

@Riverwalker

And which truth is that?

There are so many opinions and doctrines of truth in todays culture.

So true.  So many false teachings have crept into the church.  The church grew and expanded in a pagan environment.  Hence, the mix of popular pagan ideas such as seven years of tribulation during which some just vanish, saint worship, belief in eternal hell vs eternal destruction, belief in three God's, nature of antichrist in the correct context, speaking in tongues as evidence of salvation, purpose of baptism, etc.

Edited by Amigo42
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

There is so much false teachings in the Church today and many charasmatic churches which I do not support. That is one of the reasons I do not attend a Church. I am sure there are a couple I would be ok with but I sure have not found it yet. I am happy with my daily relationship with the God who loves my soul. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  537
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

30 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

So true.  So many false teachings have crept into the church.  The church grew and expanded in a pagan environment.  Hence, the mix of popular pagan ideas such as seven years of tribulation during which some just vanish, saint worship, belief in eternal hell vs eternal destruction, belief in three God's, nature of antichrist in the correct context, speaking in tongues as evidence of salvation, purpose of baptism, etc.

You're so right @Amigo42.

Your list of problems with the church today could have continued to become extremely long.

Not trying to be critical in the least, but merely stating the obvious that is being spoken of more and more, by more and more people as time goes by.

God bless you brother.

Arrabon

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  411
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 5/5/2021 at 10:10 AM, Arrabon said:

That's why the only recipe we should be following is the bible.  We can listen to what men have to say, but we should confirm  what they are saying is true in the bible. Paul commended the Bereans for doing just that with his own teachings

I have always admired the stand for righteousness that the ancient Beroeans displayed, despite the persecution they knew that would create from the fanatical Jews.  Because of this admirable quality, the readiness of the Beroeans to give ear to the gospel message, and their diligence in examining the Scriptures in search of confirmation of the things learned, earned them the commendation found at Acts 17:11.