• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

4 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

Actually, the Apocrypha are in all Christian Bibles except those specifically for Protestants.     The largest body of Christians are Roman Catholics.    Eastern Orthodox Churches are the second largest body, and they never removed the Apocrypha from their Bibles, either.   It's pretty much limited to Protestants.

And not all of them...

Roman Catholicism is paganism, wrapped in a veneer of pseudo-Christianity.

EO is not quite as bad as Romanism, but not far off it.  It's a "harlot daughter".

By the way, it is not only Protestants who reject the Apocrypha; so do Baptists, Pentecostals and Messianic Jews.

The Apocrypha is included in some editions of a few Bibles that are not specifically RC (e.g. RSV, Good News, NEB and small number of others); but it is put between the testaments and not classed as inspired.  The RC "Bibles" mix the apocryphal books in amongst the OT and treat their garbage as a "second canon" of Scripture.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, David1701 said:

Roman Catholicism is paganism, wrapped in a veneer of pseudo-Christianity.

That is unfair and untrue. Sure, there are issues with the Catholic denomination, but there are issues with ALL denominations. I have several Catholic friends and colleagues that routinely teach me how to be a better Christ-follower through their words, attitudes, and actions.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, one.opinion said:

That is unfair and untrue. Sure, there are issues with the Catholic denomination, but there are issues with ALL denominations. I have several Catholic friends and colleagues that routinely teach me how to be a better Christ-follower through their words, attitudes, and actions.

My comment was not about individuals who attend Roman Catholic meetings, but about the system.

Romanism is not a Christian denomination.  It has so many heresies that it would take a list of dozens to mention them all.

A few of the worst:

Transubstantiation (worshipping a wafer-god)

Mediatorial Priesthood (there is only one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus)

That the so-called "Pope" (itself a blasphemous title, along with "Holy Father" and "Vicar of Christ") is in place of Christ on Earth (i.e. anti-Christ, which means "instead of Christ", not merely "against Christ").

Praying to statues and pictures (idols)

Mary as "Co-redemptrix" and "Mediatrix"

That a Roman Catholic is "born again", when sprinkled with water as a baby (their corruption of baptism)

Purgatory

Veneration of "Relics"

That you supposedly maintain your justification before God by good works

Supererogation

The list just goes on and on and on...

I suggest that you read some of the literature from the Reformation.  The Reformers (virtually to a man) all knew that Roman Catholicism is the Whore of Babylon (of course, there are "harlot daughters" as well, such as Eastern Orthodoxy) and that the office of Pope is the anti-Christ.

Edited by David1701

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

People who try to push other Christians away from God are only separating themselves from God.

How sad for them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 7/27/2021 at 3:09 PM, The Barbarian said:

Yes, most of the are older than the sun.

That's true. It is likewise the case that a great number of stars which are still shining are older than the Sun. In fact, all red giants (stars of spectral types G-M) have exhausted their hydrogen supply, which is not yet the case with our Sun.

On 9/26/2021 at 5:56 AM, Andriya said:

That's true. It is likewise the case that a great number of stars which are still shining are older than the Sun. In fact, all red giants (stars of spectral types G-M) have exhausted their hydrogen supply, which is not yet the case with our Sun.

Giant stars burn out their fuel much faster than main-sequence stars like our sun, and so have much shorter lifetimes.   So many of them are actually younger than our sun.

4 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

Giant stars burn out their fuel much faster than main-sequence stars like our sun, and so have much shorter lifetimes. 

Ah I didn't know that. But once, our sun will also become a red giant, won't it?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,306
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

20 minutes ago, Andriya said:

Ah I didn't know that. But once, our sun will also become a red giant, won't it?

That's the prevailing theory. As our brother pointed out, red giants do not persist for long (on the cosmic time scale) so after a brief iteration as a red giant, the sun will become a white dwarf star. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Andriya said:

Yes.  As it burns up its hydrogen, it will eventually cool and then expand, burning up heavier and heavier elements up to carbon, when it will cease to produce energy.  At some point, the size of the sun will be larger than the orbit of the Earth.  In perhaps 4 billion years, the Earth will be vaporized by that expansion.

Then as it cools, it will contract to a much smaller object.

Edited by The Barbarian
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, The Barbarian said:

Then as it cools, it will contract to a much smaller object.

... and that process of contraction will likewise cause a shockwave typical of a nova, I surmise. But who knows, maybe the apocalypse will occur earlier than that.