How to trust God

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Please with all your heart try to in the best way or through a parable/story/quote  of some sort explain to me how i can trust God or trust him more. I used to trust him so much that every prayer i asked was answered, now its like iv forgotten how to trust him. Please and thank you I love you and appreciate all the people who answer to help me on here.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

59 minutes ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Please with all your heart try to in the best way or through a parable/story/quote  of some sort explain to me how i can trust God or trust him more. I used to trust him so much that every prayer i asked was answered, now its like iv forgotten how to trust him. Please and thank you I love you and appreciate all the people who answer to help me on here.

By Faith, that's how we trust God. It is through our faith in God that we have access to all His grace.

Romans 5:2, 
"By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God."

Acts 26:18, 
"To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me."

Romans 1:17. 
"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith."

Romans 3:28, 
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Those who sought salvation not by faith but by works stumbled.

Romans 9:32
"Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;"

2 Cor. 5:7, 
(For we walk by faith, not by sight,)

Gal. 3:26, 
For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Gal. 5:5, 
For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 

Heb. 10:38
Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Heb 11:4,
By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Heb. 11:5,
By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Heb. 11:7, 
By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Heb. 11:8,
By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Heb 11:9
By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

Heb 11:17
By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

Heb 11:20
By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.
Heb 11:21
By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.

Heb 11:22
 By faith Joseph, when he died, made  mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.

Heb 11:23
By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.

Heb 11:24
By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

Heb 11:27
By faith  he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

Heb 11:29
By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.

Heb 11:30
By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.

Heb 11:31
By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

Jam 2:18
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith, by my works.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.70

3 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Trust is like a muscle, if you don't use it, it weakens and shrivels up.

It also needs feeding, isolating yourself from Christians and watching what you call ' religious ' videos ! 

As I've banged on about, you need to be attending a Bible preaching and practicing church every Sunday, being part of that community, being encouraged, challenge, disciplined by that community.

You talk about faith and love, yet what evidence is there in your life that you do love Jesus?

James says show me your faith, I by my works ( includes church attendance ) will show you my faith.

You want faith.  Start living as a Christian, start trusting God, start obeying him.

It won't be easy, getting physically fit hurts and takes effort.

So does getting Spiritually fit.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Join a good local gathering of believers. Read the Bible every day (and don't just skim, really study). Pray without ceasing.

Your comment about how you used to trust God so much that all your prayers were answered bothers me. We should not assume that answered prayers are an indication of our trust in and walk with God being where it should be. The wicked prosper, after all. The assumption that if you're following God all your prayers will be answered has a very Prosperity Gospel flavor to it. What of all the suffering martyrs around the world right now who cry out in pain to God but remain in chains? They are surely following God more closely than those of us in our comfortable 1st-world homes have ever had the privilege of doing.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  11

7 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Hi, faithful-prophet.  Tell the Lord all your problems; acknowledge Him and He will show you the way.  Know in your heart that His Grace is sufficient for you.

Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall [a]direct your paths.

Isaiah 30:21

21 Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying,
“This is the way, walk in it,”
Whenever you turn to the right hand
Or whenever you turn to the left.

Psalm 32:8

8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will guide you with My eye.

2 Corinthians 12:9

9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

Trusting someone is having complete confidence in that person and believing what he or she has said. The bible is full of stories of people trusting God. Too many to list here. The widow of Zarephath is one such example of trust.

In 1 Kings 17, there had been no rain for some time, and as a result, there was famine throughout the land We read that God sends Elijah to the widow at Zarephath. Who, upon meeting Elijah, only has but a handful of flour, just barely enough to make a loaf of bread for one last meal. She had to trust Elijah at his word, that if she baked him a meal from what she had, there would be enough for her, her son and Elijah too during the famine. And when she did as instructed there was enough food to last till the famine was over.

I've shared a little here of the story, I encourage you to read the rest of the story for yourself. Because reading the bible is how we get to know who God is. He has revealed Himself to us through his written word. And the more we read it the more we can see God's holiness, goodness, attributes and character, and our faith and trust grows.

• Loved it! 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

14 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I googled "Bible parable about faith," and this was the first thing to pop up:

[14] And when they came to the crowd, a man came up to him and kneeling before him said,
[15] "Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is an epileptic and he suffers terribly; for often he falls into the fire, and often into the water.
[16] And I brought him to your disciples, and they could not heal him."
[17] And Jesus answered, "O faithless and perverse generation, how long am I to be with you? How long am I to bear with you? Bring him here to me."
[18] And Jesus rebuked him, and the demon came out of him, and the boy was cured instantly.
[19] Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, "Why could we not cast it out?"
[20] He said to them, "Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, `Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you." Matthew 17:14-20 RSV

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

22 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Hi @faithfull-prophet4040...  You can trust God by believing that He is absolutely trustworthy!   God knows our skeptical human minds need evidence, so He has carefully preserved a huge book of evidence for us.  It’s a perfect read for trust-building.  :)  Bible history is rich with numerous accounts  of His hand in the lives of His people, ordinary people like us—His hedge of protection around them.  So many Bible prophecies have already been fulfilled and can be proven with historical records—the most important of which (Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection) secures our very future.  I think that the more you read, the more excited you will be and the more convinced you will become that our Father has always been and will always be involved in the lives of those who love Him.   You are one He loves very much, and he wants you to know you can trust Him.   

Surely you have read about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in Daniel 3.  If not, I urge you to look it up.  Their story is just one example God has provided to let you know that no matter what you face in this life (and we can be confronted with some terrible things, for sure), you will never be alone.  There will always be “Another in the fire” with you.

God bless you on your journey.... 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  273
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,326
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 6/4/2021 at 11:42 AM, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Hi fp,

My advice to you is to start a diary and write down a verse from your reading for the day, then write down any highlighted thoughts throughout the day. Over time you will be encouraged as you see what the Lord is revealing especially to you for encouragement.

It is a day by day journey of building that trust & confidence that the Lord hears you and you hear Him. Be patient, for we are like little children that run all over the place, but settle down and start to learn in the Holy Spirit`s school and you`ll be very surprised at what He is teaching you.

regards, Marilyn.  

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,271
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

Humble yourself before God.  Pray prayers like: God have mercy on me, as sinner.  Lord I believe, help my unbelief.  

1.  I am not accusing you of anything.  But some sins are hard for us to see.  I have prayed and begged God to show me my sin and remove it from my heart. 

2. Thank and praise God in all circumstances because He is worthy, not because you feel like it or not. 

3.  Satan is the accuser of the brethren.  He came to kill steal and destroy, and that includes stealing your joy to make you unfruitful as a Christian.  You don't have to listen to him, period.  He is the father of lies.

Php 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

Php 4:5  Let your gentle forbearance be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.

Php 4:6  Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

Php 4:7  and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Php 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Psa 51:7  Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Psa 51:8  Make me hear joy and gladness, That the bones You have broken may rejoice.

Psa 51:9  Hide Your face from my sins, And blot out all my iniquities.

Psa 51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Psa 51:11  Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

Psa 51:12  Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.

Psa 51:13  Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, And sinners shall be converted to You.

Psa 51:17  The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart— These, O God, You will not despise.

Jas 4:6. But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

Jas 4:7. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Jas 4:8. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Jas 4:9. Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.

Jas 4:10. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.