• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,183
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Because no one has seen one- (alien) they presently are of imagination.... and God says this:
2 Cor 10:5

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
KJV

so as anyone goes on utilizing their minds toward this they are in disobedience to the established Word of God...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/19/2021 at 9:33 PM, enoob57 said:

Because no one has seen one- (alien) they presently are of imagination

L.A. Marzulli and many other would disagree with that. There are plenty of witnesses, pictures and videos caught on camera and cell phones of them. They are referred to as "grays."

UFOs are no longer conspiracy, as recently it is officially confirmed by our own government, and other nations and officials. It's logical then to assume, something is inside operating them. I personally think they are demons, dimensional, and their mission deception.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

What makes humans different from all the rest

This depends on the human. Most of them behave worse than animals.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,955
  • Content Per Day:  5.48
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

Humans also possess the ability to create works of art.  There are individuals that can compose music and write literature.  Mankind has built cities and devised inventions and technology.  No other creature in the created order possesses these abilities.  This is another demonstration of being created in the Image of God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

On 9/17/2021 at 9:12 PM, LearningToLetGo said:

Is this sort of like how a military commission works? Are we commissioned by God to act on His behalf in the same way an officer is commissioned by the President? For example, absent explicit orders we use our own judgement but in the presence of orders we obey?

No, Better! We are Ambassadors of YHWH! We represent Him in this fallen world. And He has given us orders for every situation.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

Its a good question 

I think of ants ? ? ? they are capable of making elaborate “ cites” and work as a team

Birds ? ? ? compose some amazing songs to wake up to in the morning

i have seen monkeys ? ? ? trained to paint art 

But humans are unique do dogs ?  and cats ? know of a higher power? Besides the hand that feeds them and cuddles ? with them?

I can’t speak their language but I do know that we certainly do and have been given the freedom by the Father to act on that belief, something stirs my spirit when I think of all the things he has made possible through him

SHALOM❤️

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

On 6/5/2021 at 4:35 PM, briankboyce said:

We speak and it affects the spiritual as well as the natural realm. Like God. 

Genesis 1:[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Psalm 33:[9] For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

Matthew 12:[36] But I say unto you, That every idle (lazy, useless, nonproductive) word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

James 3:[3] Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
[4] Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
[5] Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
[6] And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
[7] For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
[8] But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
[9] Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
[10] Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Matthew 12:[37] For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Shalom

• Praise God! 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 6/5/2021 at 7:35 PM, briankboyce said:

I have determined that it is self-reflection.

I believe our ability to contemplate a “make believe” moment was first put on display by way of the “Theatre”, way back in 5th century BC

The 5th century BC started the first day of 500 BC and ended the last day of 401 BC.. or 2,521 years ago.

5th century BC - Wikipedia

That is a very long time ago

Anyway, humans are capable of being in that moment in time and space as though they were there, playing a part.

The first plays were performed in the Theatre of Dionysus, built in the shadow of the Acropolis in Athens at the beginning of the 5th century, but theatres proved to be so popular they soon spread all over Greece. Drama was classified according to three different types or genres: comedy, tragedy and satyr plays.

The theatre 

image.png.49454bd607d64e8543eda5b252ffad18.png

image.png.26b0ec267c94a123ee7c35a336efbefa.png

image.png.2b39d9526d416116639c093586f67851.png

A play is a work of drama, usually consisting mostly of dialogue between characters and intended for theatrical performance rather than just reading. The writer of a play is a playwright.

Play (theatre) - Wikipedia

Humans eventually were able hear the voices of theatre, nonfiction play by way of the radio.

Anyway, the point is this created an avenue where people can become the person in the play as if you were that person. You can then revisit that play focusing on another aspect of it.

In most cases, morality is woven into the script.

There are the good guys and the bad guys; and in the end the good always wins. 

Tv sequels exemplifies as good set of moral values for the observer to experience. And it is all make believe

Make believe, also known as pretend play, is a loosely structured form of play that generally includes role-play

the individual must be intentionally diverting from reality. The individual must be aware of the contrast between the real situation and the make believe situation.

Make believe - Wikipedia

This healthy ability is what separates us from all the rest.

I watch NCIS, Seinfeld, Gunsmoke, HBO movies of all sorts, MSNBC news, Fox, its all part of the human experience that is unique to the human race; setting us apart from all the rest.

Continuing along this same thread, since theatre originated in Europe;

Do Europeans have sitcoms & comedy to watch on TV today as we do, ?

image.png

What makes humans different from all the rest.docx 263.75 kB · 3 downloads

BOGUS ALERT

Yours is an interesting exposition of St. Augustine's dislike for theater.  The subject has much of value to be considered, but it is NOT the primary thing that separates human from the rest of creation.

SIN is that which separates and identifies humans from the rest of God's world.

SIN is that which deliberately and angrily raises its ugly head against the Lord of Mercy and Kindness and Generosity.

SIN is that which raises its hand even against God in the flesh.

SIN is that which we love - theater reflects that admiration mightily.

It is therefore time to repent of our SIN and wickedness lest God arise in His wrath and deal with us personally and corporately.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

On 9/25/2021 at 10:23 PM, Dennis1209 said:

L.A. Marzulli and many other would disagree with that. There are plenty of witnesses, pictures and videos caught on camera and cell phones of them. They are referred to as "grays."

Blessings Brother

The thing is how do you determine what is authentic & what is not?Personally I dont care who "authenticates" &/or who discredits-I dont believe any of em(both sides)....unless I saw with my own eyes(& then too Id have to wonder-lol)

I dont doubt for a minute that all these witnesses have seen SOMETHING,what they are seeing is another story.....I dont know if its our govt,another govt or something from another realm that has manifested into this one but I think it is safe to say "DECEPTION" is the agenda in any case                                                                                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

Im confused by the OPs Title----what are humans being compared to? Many have answered "Man is made in Gods Image",this is what sets humans apart from all other species,things & even entities.....................

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 9/17/2021 at 12:50 PM, missmuffet said:

Because we were made in the image of God. 

This point is debatable.  

Do humans exist who exhibit the image of God?  None of us do.  Those who accept the notion we are created in the image of God have little or nothing upon which to base their suppositions.  It's a myth.  We are created in the image of Eve & Adam who FELL from their original state and corrupted themselves.  We are SINNERS not saints.

Generally speaking, humans exhibit a capacity for brutality greed and murder well beyond any other creature on the planet.  We are self-destructive liars cheats and thieves.  To this day we worship war and violence more than at any other time in human history.  Do a channel check of your TV or movie listings.  A high percentage of titles present war, murder, adultery, crime and revenge as admirable qualities for entertainment.  If this is evidence of an image of the divine, then any admirable characteristics of such a being should be in serious doubt.  Biblically speaking we are SINNERS.

THE ONLY TIME God's Word describes humans as being created in God's image is in the book of Genesis 1:26-27.  Two chapters later we read about the temptation of Eve & Adam and how mankind fell from its original state of creation.  Thereafter that phrase is never used to describe the character of mankind.   Thus we may correctly assume that although mankind was originally created in the image of God, we no longer enjoy that quality or capacity.  If the reader wishes to debate that point all he or she has to do is consult the violent abusive history of the human race.  Fallen man does NOT display anything close to an image of God.

There is one exception however, Jesus Christ.  

The Bible describes Jesus as exhibiting the image of God in thought word and deed.  As a figure to be emulated, Jesus presents the ultimate example of the divine character.  Millions have chosen to follow Him and by reason of the Second Birth have had limited success at attaining to that high ideal - the image of God. 

When a child is born everyone comments as to how he or she resembles their father or mother.  The child is born in the image of its parents.  Likewise humanity is born into the image of its parents - Eve & Adam who SINNED.   We are NOT born in the image of God - not a little and not at all.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Edited by choir loft