• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Sower said:

Hello Caitlin.

I feel sad and hopeless. I saw the gospel message like last may and believed it and repented but then I ended up having a thoughts problem after fear of the unpardonable sin and attacked with unwanted blasphemous thoughts made my head obsessive and I have a fear of thinking sinful thoughts. I’m 17.

I personally would have preferred that I had been saved at 17 yrs, so you are already ahead of many of us:)
You may already know what I'm posting, but it's to help a point  I want to make.  So,
Your salvation means you are now a child of God, and along with your adoption are tremendous benefits.
First off, as a believer, you cannot commit the unpardonable sin. Period. You belong to God.
God will never leave you nor forsake you. You are sealed to the day of redemption.(you cannot help God do what he has already done for you, by works)
Feelings of sadness and hopelessness are experienced by all of us, at some time.
Even the old prophets in scripture had much or more of your problems. So you're in good company!
When you 'repented' you changed your thinking. Repent (metanoeo) means "to think differently'.
Sorrow or regret. Reconsider. When you heard the word (which is light, God's light), the gospel, that light entered into your mind. And your mind, like the rest of us before salvation, was full of darkness (lies, faulty programming).
This light, of God's word, illuminated the darkness (lies-false understanding) in your mind, and it 'clicked', you reconsidered your past, then more faith entered in, and you "repented".
In other words, your thinking changed, enough for faith in God. Faith comes by hearing - the word of God.

"Thy word have I hid in my heart that I may not sin against thee" Download the word, light (memorize)
Then comes the 'new man/woman thinking. (The battle for the mind)
You had sorrow and reconsidered your 'old understanding' of your life, and of your life style.
If you were like me, in your excitement as a babe in Christ, you may have had an expectation of being so close to God your old life was gone and no more problems with sin.
Yes, and no. You are a new creature in Christ, All things have passed away, all things have become new.
But now you have to learn to allow Jesus to carry your burden. We can do nothing on our own. As you are discovering:) But, in Christ, you can do all things. This takes time. Growth. Through your troubles and tribulations.
Like birth pains. A new creature is born, in Christ. Of the spirit. You now have WiFi, with God, the Holy Spirit.
Take your burdens to God, and leave them. (I know, it ain't easy)

My relationship with God isn’t good and I’m struggling to follow Jesus.

Your relationship to God is better than you know. You have been equipped by God to handle your troubles.
It takes time, and growth. You are still a babe in Christ. You're going to stumble, and fall, like we all have. But God is there for you just a whisper away. Paul in the bible wrote the most in the New Testament. Listen to him say;

"For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.
I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway.
Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is:
In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus"
That means you, Caitlin.

My head has a thought problem for like 5 months I think where I get tempted to think thoughts about people out of obsession and fear of breaking the commands.
I've had the similar problem for forty plus years. But I have learned to confess/agree to God they are sin, instantly, and press on. I don't morph over them. And I continually thank God for the victories over those temptations coming from thoughts. Our battle is with the unseen enemy, the devil, and God tells us in Ephesians 6 what to do. The armour has many weapons, but he says of them all;

"Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench (put out) all the fiery darts of the wicked"  Eph 6, 10-18 "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
I believe the fiery darts are doubts from lies, from the prince of lies, the devil. Your faith, your belief in God equipping you with his word, the truth, his truth, gives you (the shield of) faith to believe God's promises instead of the devils lies, those un-asked for thoughts that plague your mind. The battle is for the mind.
99% of my sin is from my mind. The choice maker, of what I think, say or do. The more you program your mind to listen to all your doubts and fears worries lusts etc., you are allowing those fiery darts to get you.
The more scripture you 'hide' in your heart, the greater will be your shield of faith, quenching those darts.

God has got a lot of promises waiting for you to discover, Caitlin...  Think then on those things.

I read cursing verses in the Bible and then my head obsessed over them and get tempted to think the word curse all the time and about others and other bad thoughts and I don’t mean them.
There were many curses on the Old Testament not applicable today. Think more on the many blessings.

I find it hard to be around people now. I ‘complained’ in my head a lot about how sad I am and how I feel and stuff.
So spend a season of time alone with God telling him your hurts, and how he tells you to over come them.
Prayer is warfare.  Warfare is prayer. Get on your knees humbly before the Lord, pore out your heart.
God listens, and sees every tear. He loves you more than you will ever know.
God is light. His promises are true. All of them. Trust.  And Obey.

I’m scared because I think my heart maybe got filled with other things like worldly things maybe and my love for God.

I’m scared in case what if I don’t love Jesus or enough. I try to keep the commands but my head gets tempted to think thoughts about people — my head was never like this before until my head started obsessing over sinful thoughts.  And He said to keep the commands. And I think to myself a lot.

I’m scared because of my heart state: i think sinful thoughts made it less pure, soft, humble, loving etc..
And I’m scared about my heart state towards God and Jesus.

My head has bad thoughts a lot
I’m scared of hell and the end times and my family need saved.

Would be better to simply whisper in your mind I'm going to take every thought captive now, and realize,

"God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

I think the fear of death has caused me to love myself more and my life and everything like the flowers and colours and being able to walk etc... and I think it caused pride

I don’t think I’m on the narrow way and I struggle with thoughts everyday and  don’t feel desire for Jesus and like affection for Him. I don’t feel connection with Him and struggle to follow Him and have my heart set on Him. Idk how to change it.
I still have periods like that when I'm discouraged. I think everybody does. More fiery darts, quenched by the word, which gives you the faith to believe his promises.

I’m scared because of the depart from me verse and the bad fruit broken branch verse and I’m scared of God leaving.  As a child of God, he will never leave you or forsake you. Again, you are sealed.

I’m scared because of time and I feel far from God and I want to love Jesus and God more than myself and life.
That is a great desire, just don't be scared, as that means you haven't learned yet to fully trust God.
  If you draw close to God, he will  draw close to you.

thanks for reading :)

You're very welcome.
Download as much scripture as possible into your heart. When you hear those 'voices of accusations', just rattle off the scripture to increase your strength within the power of God almighty.
Not your own strength.
Purchase  the little "Bible promise Book" pocket book size, cheap on Ebay, 4-5 bucks used, free shipping.
You can look up verses by subject, like worry, or faith, courage guidance, guilt, forgiveness hope etc.
Probably close to a hundred subjects, and over a thousand verses. Quick way to find a neat promise from God just for your particular situation.
Sounds to me Caitlin like you're on fire to serve the Lord, and as yet don't know fully the neat ways God has equipped you to overcome all your fears. More light (scripture) less darkness (sin) It works.

I'm sure you have heard this scripture before, but it is immensely important!

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise"      default_thumbsup.gif.781232c3f44c4da1f7ffc9f924287789.gif                            Think on the good stuff......

Thank you :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

16 hours ago, Caitlin _ said:

feel sad and hopeless. I saw the gospel message like last may and believed it and repented but then I ended up having a thoughts problem after fear of the unpardonable sin and attacked with unwanted blasphemous thoughts made my head obsessive and I have a fear of thinking sinful thoughts. I’m 17.

I am sorry you feel sad and hopeless, because things are not hopeless.

You have an Almighty Saviour on your side who is holding on to you and nothing in All creation can separate you from Jesus.

So take heart, things are not as bad as you fear.

Please use the internet to look up,:-

25 tips for successfully treating your ocd. Do read it and discuss it with your parents and any therapist or doctor you have.

It has practical advice for dealing with intrusive thoughts.

Basically you experience a thought. " Because you did that you are not a Christian, God doesn't love you! "

All you do is say or think, " Yes that is right! " And carry on with what you are doing.

Intrusive thoughts are not real, so talking, debating, arguing with them gets you no where.

It is the same with ignoring or trying to suppress them.

Do read the article and share it with your parents who will find it useful for helping you.

Aged Dad speaking, teenager daughters are trouble without the problem of intrusive thoughts sending them up the wall.

Please bear with your parents and help them to help you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,504
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Sower is spot on in the reply above. I just want to expand on the unpardonable sin Sower touched on. As a young Christian, hopefully you will grow and mature in the knowledge of God and His written word, the Bible. 

Sower is absolutely correct, a Christian cannot commit this unforgivable sin. In the Bible, the Pharisees witnessed and heard of the miracles Jesus did through the Holy Spirit. The Pharisees attributed and charged those miracles being done through Beelzebub (Satan), thereby blaspheming the work of the Holy Spirit. That was not forgivable. We have never witnessed a miracle Jesus performed while He walked in the flesh. Therefore; no one can commit that particular unforgivable sin. 

As of the age of Grace and the Tribulation [if you are familiar with this terminology]; the only unpardonable or unforgivable sin is; not accepting the Lord as your own personal Savior, putting your complete trust and faith in Him, and Him alone; before your very last breath, your last heart beat. Once your body dies without Christ, there are no second chances, no pardons for your sins, your fate is sealed in concrete for all of eternity. There is no forgiveness of sin without Christ after our death.

There is one other unpardonable and unforgivable sin, but as a Christian you will not have to deal with it. It would be a long explanation to detail everything involved, so I'll just be brief and touch on it. Anyone who accepts and takes the Antichrists mark of the Beast during the second half of the Tribulation; is automatically condemned to the Lake of Fire for all eternity, with no chance of repentance or possibility of forgiveness. 

There are different views on this based on ones eschatology of the timing of our Rapture. I hold what is called a pre-tribulation view, meaning; our catching up to Heaven will precede this mark of the Beast event.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

20 hours ago, Caitlin _ said:

Hi,

I feel sad and hopeless. I saw the gospel message like last may and believed it and repented but then I ended up having a thoughts problem after fear of the unpardonable sin and attacked with unwanted blasphemous thoughts made my head obsessive and I have a fear of thinking sinful thoughts. I’m 17.

My relationship with God isn’t good and I’m struggling to follow Jesus.

My head has a thought problem for like 5 months I think where I get tempted to think thoughts about people out of obsession and fear of breaking the commands.

I read cursing verses in the Bible and then my head obsessed over them and get tempted to think the word curse all the time and about others and other bad thoughts and I don’t mean them.

I find it hard to be around people now. I ‘complained’ in my head a lot about how sad I am and how I feel and stuff.

I’m scared because I think my heart maybe got filled with other things like worldly things maybe and my love for God.

I’m scared incase what if I don’t love Jesus or enough. I try to keep the commands but my head gets tempted to think thoughts about people — my head was never like this before until my head started obsessing over sinful thoghts.  And He said to keep the commands. And I think to myself a lot.

I’m scared because of my heart state: i think sinful thoughts made it less pure, soft, humble, loving etc..

And I’m scared about my heart state towards God and Jesus.

My head has bad thoughts a lot

I’m scared of hell and the end times and my family need saved.

I think the fear of death has caused me to love myself more and my life and everything like the flowers and colours and being able to walk etc... and I think it caused pride

I don’t think I’m on the narrow way and I struggle with thoughts everyday and  don’t feel desire for Jesus and like affection for Him. I don’t feel connection with Him and struggle to follow Him and have my heart set on Him. Idk how to change it. And my head mostly thinks about God the Father aswell and hard to focus on Jesus idkk why 

I’m scared because of the depart from me verse and the bad fruit broken branch verse and I’m scared of God leaving

I’m scared because of time and I feel far from God and I want to love Jesus and God more than myself and life.

thanks for reading :)

Don't trust your emotions. As humans our emotions can go all over the place. If you have ever genuinely asked Jesus Christ to come into your life and be your Lord and Savior only focus on that. God is right there with you no matter how you feel. Pray to Him and tell Him how you feel. Ask Him for an inner peace. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hi Caitlin. Theres allot of great stuff here praise GOD. Caitlin did you know Jesus never once expected you to be the perfect Christian? They way you are right now.. He loves you. Not once has He judged you and He never condemns you. Think about just that. Think about Jesus and don't see Him as some man for He is not. See He will never leave you. No matter how GOOD or BAD you are He is always there and loves you. He will never leave you. He loves you more, He wants to be apart of you lire in everything you do. He wants to be with you every moment. 

We know God has not give us the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. Those are not nice words. No matter what it is when fear comes say "no I don't receive this for God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. I have the joy of lord and I am strong in the power of HIS might. He has given me the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard my hears and my mind in Christ Jesus.”

So much of what you posted..is just the enemy lying to you. So much of what you said.. never came from God. You can if you wanted to search on the "promises" of God which our yours. The word makes its clear fear has torment. Fear is not God God. nor is worry doubt. When these things pop up.. you KNOW its not GOD talking. 

Again if He is for you who can be against you and He is ALWAYS for you. Listen to music that gives HIM glory. Now think on these things whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

See no one can control you. If we focus on our mistakes then we all would feel like this. So stop doing it. Hes not looking at any of that. Because you believe John 3:16 in Jesus you are right now righteous before the Father. Its NOT what you did or will ever do. You are righteous beaqcuse you believe in Jesus its accounted to you as righteousness. What He started in you He WILL finish. So don't focus on the mistakes just focus on Him. See you didn't find Him :) He found you! Sorry.. well He is never ever ever ever ever ever.. did I say ever? Yeah He will NEVER EVER let go of you! Hold on

Praising Him.. sing talk what ever to Him when you don't feel like it. He is NOT looking at your sin.. He already died for all that and all that guilt. He started something Wonderful in you.. He will finish it. Your not alone. He is your best friend your bother you savior. He is your GOD. For God so loved you He gave His only son.. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

35 minutes ago, TheBlade said:

Hi Caitlin. Theres allot of great stuff here praise GOD. Caitlin did you know Jesus never once expected you to be the perfect Christian? They way you are right now.. He loves you. Not once has He judged you and He never condemns you. Think about just that. Think about Jesus and don't see Him as some man for He is not. See He will never leave you. No matter how GOOD or BAD you are He is always there and loves you. He will never leave you. He loves you more, He wants to be apart of you lire in everything you do. He wants to be with you every moment. 

We know God has not give us the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. Those are not nice words. No matter what it is when fear comes say "no I don't receive this for God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. I have the joy of lord and I am strong in the power of HIS might. He has given me the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard my hears and my mind in Christ Jesus.”

So much of what you posted..is just the enemy lying to you. So much of what you said.. never came from God. You can if you wanted to search on the "promises" of God which our yours. The word makes its clear fear has torment. Fear is not God God. nor is worry doubt. When these things pop up.. you KNOW its not GOD talking. 

Again if He is for you who can be against you and He is ALWAYS for you. Listen to music that gives HIM glory. Now think on these things whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

See no one can control you. If we focus on our mistakes then we all would feel like this. So stop doing it. Hes not looking at any of that. Because you believe John 3:16 in Jesus you are right now righteous before the Father. Its NOT what you did or will ever do. You are righteous beaqcuse you believe in Jesus its accounted to you as righteousness. What He started in you He WILL finish. So don't focus on the mistakes just focus on Him. See you didn't find Him :) He found you! Sorry.. well He is never ever ever ever ever ever.. did I say ever? Yeah He will NEVER EVER let go of you! Hold on

Praising Him.. sing talk what ever to Him when you don't feel like it. He is NOT looking at your sin.. He already died for all that and all that guilt. He started something Wonderful in you.. He will finish it. Your not alone. He is your best friend your bother you savior. He is your GOD. For God so loved you He gave His only son.. 

thank you :)

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  217
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Hi @Caitlin _…. I’ve read some great words of wisdom for you in the replies above…. Just one thing I’d like to add, and that is that we can’t always trust our feelings.  Feelings don’t always match up with the truth we find in God’s word.  For example, the writer of the book of Lamentations was feeling pretty much they way you describe.  He said in Chapter 3…

17 my soul is bereft of peace;
    I have forgotten what happiness is;
18 so I say, “My endurance has perished;
    so has my hope from the Lord.”

It’s normal to have sad feelings and hopeless feelings when things in our lives are not going well, but when we turn to God and look into His word, we can find truth to prove those feelings wrong.  God’s truth will help you in every struggle.  The same writer who expressed his despair in the verses above went on to declare truth:

21 But this I call to mind,
    and therefore I have hope:

22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
    his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
    “therefore I will hope in him.”

25 The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
    to the soul who seeks him.
26 It is good that one should wait quietly
    for the salvation of the Lord.

May God bless you with increasing knowledge of truth to light your darkest times.  He is faithful!  

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Dear One to God, please go and talk with your priest or pastor.    They may know the correct person to guide you.;

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Also, look on to Jesus the author and finisher of the faith.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I used to feel bad about myself all the time for the same kind of reasons.  Praising God and trying to think right thoughts just didn't work for long.  My only hope turned out to be letting it go--God either loved me or He didn't and I can believe He wants me and takes care of me and my sins now that I have asked Him to.  I just don't have the strength.

• Thumbs Up 2