George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

"but just as the Laodacians were blind to the truth, still Jesus instructed them to repent and they would be saved."

But the fact that millions believe it is not a good thing. I don't really think most people claiming to be Christians and go to church every Sunday are going to make it. Christianity is today for the most part is a profession rather than a practice. Most Christians in this country are so consumed with greed (covetesness) that they have no idea what the bible says or how to begin to live it. The paralles of the Church of Laodacia and American Christians are very striking, this you have to admit. Or maybe you don't have to admit it, but its true.

Back to Benny,

I'm not sure how you meant this, but if you're saying that believers need to repent of believing in a pre-trib rapture, I would disagree completely, even if it turns out that they were wrong. I don't believe scripture mentions punishment for not knowing all the mysteries, however, we were warned very sternly to be ready and to keep watch on several occasions. I suspect that there is a great reward for those who heed those warnings, while the ones who don't will get caught in the trap with the unbelievers.

Luke 21:34-36, KJV, - "And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. (35)For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. (36)Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

Rev. 3:10-11, KJV, - "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. (11)Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

I can relate to the bottom paragraph though. I'm not a pre-tribber, although I do believe the rapture will occur before the tribulation. I believe that many who hold that position have been led astray, not because they believe in pre-trib, but because of some other things. Not just them, but mid-trib and post-trib and other theories as well. Many today are not being taught that they need to repent of their sins, others are not being properly discipled, many are not being obedient to what Christ commanded us to do, many have been duped into believing that [once saved-always saved] garbage picking out the parts they want to hear and forsaking all the warnings, and far too many still are chasing after the things in this world.

Matt. 16:23-25, KJV, - "Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. (23)But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. (24)Then said Jesus unto his disciples, "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. (25)For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it."

And here's just one example :

How many believers do you know that are still harboring bitterness and unforgiveness towards someone? I don't know how these will be able to escape, and I don't believe they will. They are going to need to be refined and purified and lay their lives down for the cause of Christ, and I believe these are the saints that are mentioned in the tribulation. These are those who will have to be beheaded because the weren't ready and didn't keep watch, the foolish virgins.

Daniel 11:35, NKJV, - "And some of those of understanding shall fall, to refine them, purify them, and make them white, until the time of the end; because it is still for the appointed time."

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Yes it's true, I've fallen into that trap before.  That's why I don't want to cross a certain line.  I Believe I used to try to defend my beliefs too much, especially when someone would come at me with an attacking attitude.  I'm learning to not get caught in those traps so easily anymore.  I guess it's part of my maturing process.  I'm still learning to conquer those fleshly desires, and I haven't reached the point where I have perfect control over my flesh, but I know that I am still growing.  No one's perfect, and especially not me, but my Jesus is!!!!

AMEN RC,

Now this I can relate to, God bless.

Yes it's true, I've fallen into that trap before.

Guest shadow2b
-Isn't amazing what the Holy Spirit can teach to just plain old ordinary people? Go ahead and call me crazy Gary, but I'll just take that as a complement coming from you my friend!! See ya next time, or maybe not?

-I called you crazy ???where????????

----------

-yeah, the HOLY-SPIRIT can & will teach anyone that is"teachable"-- I called you crazy??where???

-

-Then all the other believers will be raised on the last day. They will enter into the millennial kingdom in their mortal bodies and re-populate the earth. This is also the group that the devil will try to deceive again after the thousand years are over

-------------------

-TOTALLY UNSCRIPTURAL,all "other believers"???scripture??these resurrected"believers" will be raised from the dead & will RE-populate the earth????there are ONLY two resurrections;resurrection of ALL the JUST,this is the FIRST resurrection,the SECOND resurrection is

one-thousand years later & is of the unsaved...to be judged & cast into the lake of fire.......

-----------------------------------------------------------

-I'll say one thing for ya shadow,

Your handle sure fits you to a tee!!

But I think your shadow follows me around more than it does you.

What's up with that??

Well I'll overlook your name calling this time and turn the other cheek. I suppose you'll probably want to kick me too, ay??

---------

YA know the only thing bad about telling lies??,ya have to tell so many you forget & they catch up with ya...

---------------------------

--Gary,

I'm sorry I offended you with my reply, but quite frankly, I thought I was very forgiving of your harshness. I guess I was wrong too, for replying with a little humor. I guess I must have falsely assumed that you have a sense of humor? It's very hard to read into where you're coming from sometimes. Forgive me Gary, I just have a hard time relating to what you're trying to say, but it's very clear that we don't see eye to eye. But who cares? Where's the beef?[/quote]

-------------I care about truth, I care about GOD'S WORD, I care when GOD'S WORD IS TWISTED TO

suit someone's own personal agenda & I care when the false-hoods they teach lead people astray from the truth & the simplicity of GOD'S WORD................

-------------------------------------------------------------

-The reason you have a hard time relating to what i'm saying, is because I stay with the relavent

scriptures that apply to the subject matter & you go off into some mythological fantasy land that you make up as you go along...Mostly because you don't understand the scriptures period......

bullies think they can just go anywhere & treat people like they do at the prison they work at....Just like all bullies who never learn that people just don't like to be humiliated or put down,especially when those being humiliated know the only reason that bullies can get away with their arrogant tactics is the one being put down &/or humiliated is because they are totally defenseless,usually handcuffed & leg shackled.....SO bullies go on in their arrogance,& humiliating people,making false or misleading statements about them, never realizing that one day,somewhere,somehow, some time,pay-day is coming....AND "when"that pay-day arrives & rest assured,all bullies get paid, & those bullies run & cry & whine,& beg for mercy, & ya know what just as they showed no mercy or compassion,they willNOT receive mercy or compassion.....

-Christ was the first fruits of those who were dead (old testament saints and prophets). But there will also be first fruits of those who are living. Many in the church are living their lives as living sacrifices. These will be the first fruits of the living (new testament saints).

-----------

THE first fruits of the new testament???living their lives as living sacrifices?????who decides "IF" they lived their lives as living sacrifices???How do you know this is occuring in any church building anywhere on earth???

sheeessshhh-SCRIPTURE PLEASE!!!this sounds churchy,yeah boy--BUT is HERESY--FICTION--FANTASY---PROOF????>>>------goes here---scripture??------------------<<<< proof--

--NO where in scripture can you get the above statement to fit into any church doctrine,without first

-sticking your head in the sand & ignoring doctrinal teachings of the past two thousand years or by coming off of a real bad lsd trip.........sheeessshhhh-error--error--error-

----------------------------

---of attacking attitude in RCruise, shadow2b and now davey as well. It may be contagious.

-NOPE as usual rt you like to make things up about anyone that disagrees with you & then you immediately go running off to seek some comfort & solace from someone so your pooor lill old ruffled feathers can settle back down....yeah you do avoid like the plague anyone that knows anything about the scriptures,that way your fantasticly idiotic flights off into your never never fantasy land will seem like they make sense to some poor unsuspecting babe in CHRIST....The words you define as {attacks} are not attacks or "attacking attitudes" but are rather a defense of the truth of scripture..................

-Isn't amazing what the Holy Spirit can teach to just plain old ordinary people? Go ahead and call me crazy Gary, but I'll just take that as a complement coming from you my friend!! See ya next time, or maybe not?

-I called you crazy ???where????????

----------

-yeah, the HOLY-SPIRIT can & will teach anyone that is"teachable"-- I called you crazy??where???

-

-Then all the other believers will be raised on the last day. They will enter into the millennial kingdom in their mortal bodies and re-populate the earth. This is also the group that the devil will try to deceive again after the thousand years are over

-------------------

-TOTALLY UNSCRIPTURAL,all "other believers"???scripture??these resurrected"believers" will be raised from the dead & will RE-populate the earth????there are ONLY two resurrections;resurrection of ALL the JUST,this is the FIRST resurrection,the SECOND resurrection is

one-thousand years later & is of the unsaved...to be judged & cast into the lake of fire.......

-----------------------------------------------------------

-I'll say one thing for ya shadow,

Your handle sure fits you to a tee!!

But I think your shadow follows me around more than it does you.

What's up with that??

Well I'll overlook your name calling this time and turn the other cheek. I suppose you'll probably want to kick me too, ay??

---------

YA know the only thing bad about telling lies??,ya have to tell so many you forget & they catch up with ya...

---------------------------

--Gary,

I'm sorry I offended you with my reply, but quite frankly, I thought I was very forgiving of your harshness. I guess I was wrong too, for replying with a little humor. I guess I must have falsely assumed that you have a sense of humor? It's very hard to read into where you're coming from sometimes. Forgive me Gary, I just have a hard time relating to what you're trying to say, but it's very clear that we don't see eye to eye. But who cares? Where's the beef?[/quote]

-------------I care about truth, I care about GOD'S WORD, I care when GOD'S WORD IS TWISTED TO

suit someone's own personal agenda & I care when the false-hoods they teach lead people astray from the truth & the simplicity of GOD'S WORD................

-The reason you have a hard time relating to what i'm saying, is because I stay with the relavent

scriptures that apply to the subject matter & you go off into some mythological fantasy land that you make up as you go along...Mostly because you don't understand the scriptures period......

bullies think they can just go anywhere & treat people like they do at the prison they work at....Just like all bullies who never learn that people just don't like to be humiliated or put down,especially when those being humiliated know the only reason that bullies can get away with their arrogant tactics is the one being put down &/or humiliated is because they are totally defenseless,usually handcuffed & leg shackled.....SO bullies go on in their arrogance,& humiliating people,making false or misleading statements about them, never realizing that one day,somewhere,somehow, some time,pay-day is coming....AND "when"that pay-day arrives & rest assured,all bullies get paid, & those bullies run & cry & whine,& beg for mercy, & ya know what just as they showed no mercy or compassion,they willNOT receive mercy or compassion.....

-Christ was the first fruits of those who were dead (old testament saints and prophets). But there will also be first fruits of those who are living. Many in the church are living their lives as living sacrifices. These will be the first fruits of the living (new testament saints).

-----------

THE first fruits of the new testament???living their lives as living sacrifices?????who decides "IF" they lived their lives as living sacrifices???How do you know this is occuring in any church building anywhere on earth???

sheeessshhh-SCRIPTURE PLEASE!!!this sounds churchy,yeah boy--BUT is HERESY--FICTION--FANTASY---PROOF????>>>------goes here---scripture??------------------<<<< proof--

--NO where in scripture can you get the above statement to fit into any church doctrine,without first

-sticking your head in the sand & ignoring doctrinal teachings of the past two thousand years or by coming off of a real bad lsd trip.........sheeessshhhh-error--error--error-

----------------------------

---of attacking attitude in RCruise, shadow2b and now davey as well. It may be contagious.

-NOPE as usual rt you like to make things up about anyone that disagrees with you & then you immediately go running off to seek some comfort & solace from someone so your pooor lill old ruffled feathers can settle back down....yeah you do avoid like the plague anyone that knows anything about the scriptures,that way your fantasticly idiotic flights off into your never never fantasy land will seem like they make sense to some poor unsuspecting babe in CHRIST....The words you define as {attacks} are not attacks or "attacking attitudes" but are rather a defense of the truth of scripture..................

Hmmmmm? Someone is trying to set a new trap with old and rotten bait.

Fish ain't bitin' Gary. It looks like you went way back to find your favorite garbage, but if anyone wants to search out all this old nonsense, here's a good link for starters :

http://www.worthyboards.com/forums/index.p...11&t=2712&st=15

This thread should prove beyond a shadow2b of doubt who the accuser and attacker is.

Guest shadow2b

-WeLL, I think I'LL just let RCruise & Davey continue this endless debate with rt for now,but ya can

-see that those that deal in fantasy land fables as usual only quote the current evidences against

-their fables & run off to hide behind some{supposed} non-existent assaults on their fables rather

-than refering to them as the scriptural evidences refuting their fables....I think i'll just go on back to

-the principal i had arrived at since the last little debate between "truth & fables"which was; there

-just isn't really much anyone can do if folks had rather "listen to fables"than hear the truth of the

-scriptures....SO with that principal in mind;pie.jpgahhhhh

now i feel so much better JesusknowHim.gif

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

rollin:

No one ever attacked you. Althouth I did just tell you off over in the pre-trib forum. You are a hateful and spiteful full of pride and arrogancy little man. You can't debate you "pre-trib" position from the Authority of the Word of God alone and that angers you and then YOU start you mud-slinging , not shadow or myself. And you are doing it again with Benny, Davey and, JesusisGod2.

Look at your own self and words twit. You got a LOG in your own eyes.

rollin:

No one ever attacked you. Althouth I did just tell you off over in the pre-trib forum. You are a hateful and spiteful full of pride and arrogancy little man. You can't debate you "pre-trib" position from the Authority of the Word of God alone and that angers you and then YOU start you mud-slinging , not shadow or myself. And you are doing it again with Benny, Davey and, JesusisGod2.

Look at your own self and words twit. You got a LOG in your own eyes.

preach it big boy! :rofl:

And maybe one day you will learn to set a better trap than this. Obviously you don't even realize that your true colors are showing.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

erased

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Elijah was caught up physically into heaven as in type or foreshadowing of the coming of the Lord and our personal rapture, yet Elijah returned through John the Baptist as Jesus said in Matt.11. Why not then would Jesus not return through another physical body or bodies such as the body of Christ? I believe the glorified bodies that we receive, is just being in oneness in the body of Christ. After all the Body of Christ is a spiritual glorified body.

Hi Brad,

God bless you brother.

I am having trouble understanding what you are saying here. are you saying that John the baptist was Elijah in a different body? If so where do you come to that conclussion?

He came in the Spirit of Elijah, but that Spirit is the Holy Spirit from my understanding. We who are born again come in that same Spirit as Elijah which is in the Spirit of God.

John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit in the womb.

Now I could be missing something here, so if you could explain what you said I would appreciate it.

In Jesus

Kevin