• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

Jedi,

So we agree for the most part...

I'm going to look at that passage again and get back to ya.

Sabrina

Yeah we agree for the most part. :huh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

so during that 1000 year reign when Jesus 'reigns', will he be the same age the entire 1000 years

Without a doubt, Jesus isnt coming back as a man, He is coming back as Lord of Lords and King of kings. He will be in His glorified body. Jesus is God after all.

Jesus is already in His eternal state and we will be as well for we are coming back with Him.

and will people be able to see him like they did when he walked the earth 2000 years ago

Whether they will be able to enter the new Jeusalem or not I am uncertain, but I dont think that they will. I know for certain that no one who practices unrighteousness will be able to.

Myself I believe that only those who are born of the Spirit of God will be able to go in and out and I base that on the following Scripture:

27  and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

And will other people where he reigns live and die like we do now, but Jesus stays exactly the same?  Will people have children, go to church, seek Jesus the way that we do now,

Good question, I still need a lot of study and perhaps someone else may be able to answer this better for you.

My answer to this would be there would be no more "church" for those who are born again, of the Spirit of God are also the church of God.

The church is not made up of man made buildings, it is made up of individuals who have surrendered theirs lives to Christ, this is the true church.

YET wouldn't that contradict, because Jesus would be ON EARTH?  Am I missing something?

I am not sure I fully understand the point you trying to make, but let me try and answer your question the way I am understanding it.

Jesus will indeed be on earth and will reign for a thousand years and then the heaven and earth will be destroyed after the great white throne judgement.

just curious...this was taught to me in a bible study that I was in once, and we had to quit because the teacher who was teaching the 'tribulation' and 'left behind' and 'rapture' couldn't even answer the questions that would arise in the bible study,

Prophecy is a pretty huge project to take on for bible study, and God bless this person for attempting to edify others, for the testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy Rev 19:10

One must be prepared before hosting a study on the endtimes.

, and this was a baptist bible study...wonderful friends of mine, but they were preaching it like they had all the answers, and in the end....no one really did.  :blink:

There is a danger when we think we know everything, knowledge will puff us up, the scriptures say it will and yet the scriptures tell us to aquire knowledge, it love that edifies us, and we need to stay humble before the Master of love, Our Lord Jesus. We need to seek knowledge prayerfully or we will become proud and arrogant.

As far as having all the answers, I dont think that God has given us all the answers, but He has given us all we need to know.

In Jesus

Kevin

Hello Dusty,

If you'll reread revelation 20:4-10, you'll find that God gives Satan a 1,000 to lead one last rebellion on the Earth.

Please dont take it as I am being ignorant here, but you may want to re-read those passages of scripture. and you may want to start with the first three verses as well

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

The church is not made up of man made buildings, it is made up of individuals who have surrendered theirs lives to Christ, this is the true church.

absolutely, yet the 'true church' is also called to 'assemble together' as one in worshipping our God, right?

absolutely, yet the 'true church' is also called to 'assemble together' as one in worshipping our God, right?

Yes this is true, But Jesus assures us that when two or three are gathered in His Name, He will be there in our midst.

it never says that we are to gather in a building, just in His name. So what it is saying in your verse you are refering to, is that we need to be in fellowship with on eanother, God doesnt want lone rangers.

There is coming a time and in fact already is in third world countries, that we will need to meet in places other than "churches".

Many countries are already experiencing this, and in fact, it is how the church met after the death of Christ and the persecution began that they experienced. We will experience this again. We dont need big fancy $1,000,000 + buildings to meet in, in fact I think Jesus would much rather have us meet in a much more humble setting and use the money to support the spreading of the gospel.

Take a look at what laws are being passsed, we are not far from the teachings in scriptures being considered hate crimes, the nation of Canada is seeing the birth pangs of this already.

We must take off the clothing of religion and put on the Jesus. The time is coming real soon where our faith will be tested to the extreme, and we must be in Jesus, be born again in order to overcome. Or we will fail, it is not the organizations nor the denominations that will save us But Jesus, He is the one in whom we owe our alligience.

So again as long as we gather in numbers of two or more, Jesus promises us that He will be within our midst. However, if we dont have the opportunity to gather he will not forsake us and will still be there.

He is not interested in our religous observances, but in our hearts toward Him, The Jews were and are some of the most religous people there are, and yet Jesus told them their hearts were far from God.

Sorry didnt mean to write a book.

In Jesus

Kevin

Guest dustycanvas

Alright,

Here I go...I'm going to have to swallow some pride here...lol.... :x:

I was wrong about the "satan has a 1,000 yr reign". Yes, indeed he is "loosed for a season" but nowhere does it mention a 1,000 years specifically. :oww:

Kevin,

I'm curious, what things don't you agree with that your church teaches? Just curious.

Sabrina

p.s-I really enjoy this forum. It has made me "put my money where my mouth is" and really DIG deep into the scriptures!! It's a good challenge where I could normally not get a good challenge. :blink:

Guest dustycanvas

ps.---- Oh, and I'm going to blame this on the stress I have been under this week....

I went back and looked at the passage of scripture where I said that It said the "Satan's 1,000 yr Reign" and you know what it says????

"Saints 1,000 year reign"

Boy, did I feel sheepish when I realized that. I'm serious i for real thought it said "Satan"...I have been having some vision problems. LOL

I dunno how else ot explain that. It's not a Satanist Bible or anything, I promise. LOL :blink:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

it never says that we are to gather in a building, just in His name.

yes, I know... :D

Guest LCPGUY
ps.---- Oh, and I'm going to blame this on the stress I have been under this week....

I went back and looked at the passage of scripture where I said that It said the "Satan's 1,000 yr Reign" and you know what it says????

"Saints 1,000 year reign"

Boy, did I feel sheepish when I realized that. I'm serious i for real thought it said "Satan"...I have been having some vision problems. LOL

I dunno how else ot explain that. It's not a Satanist Bible or anything, I promise. LOL :D

Congratulations Sabrina, you handled that with humility, dignity and grace. :D

Bro John