IGNORED

Why Does The Bible Not Fill In Certain Details?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Open7 said:

I have been watching the tv series the chosen, and one of the angles of the series is to fill in details the bible doesn’t mention, details that might not necessarily be true but they give you a powerful emotional insight into things.

So why did the bible leave a lot of this detail out? If you have not watched the chosen it might be harder to answer this question.

Thanks 

Because The Chosen is a lovely TV show, but the Bible gets more done with less.

The BEST way to fill in details is to look for hidden pictures of Jesus in both testaments. For example, in The Chosen we get an imagined backstory where Simon the Zealot is brother to the man healed at Bethesda in John 5. But if the man picked up his pallet onto/across his shoulders when commanded--He looks like Jesus on the cross. Neat, huh?

The Bible is the Word of God and you don't need The Chosen to get all God has for you--but the "more details" comes from studying the Word rather than television--and from discussing The Chosen with believers in the context of the Word of God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

21 hours ago, Open7 said:

I have been watching the tv series the chosen, and one of the angles of the series is to fill in details the bible doesn’t mention, details that might not necessarily be true but they give you a powerful emotional insight into things.

So why did the bible leave a lot of this detail out? If you have not watched the chosen it might be harder to answer this question.

Thanks 

Because God doesn't want us to get tied up in the details.  Miss the forest for the trees.

God tells us what we need to know and what he wants us to know to live a Godly life.

As 1 Cor 13 says now we know in part, but then (when we are with Him) we will know, just as we are known

Patience :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

22 hours ago, Open7 said:

Thanks 

Because God does not want us to know. We have to respect that. Perhaps He will tell those who go to heaven. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  12

23 hours ago, Open7 said:

Thanks 

We have been given what is good and necessary, in God's sight.  The Bible could not have every detail included, or there would not be room in any library for it.

John 21:25 (Darby) And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which if they were written one by one, I suppose that not even the world itself would contain the books written. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

On 6/30/2021 at 12:39 PM, Open7 said:

Thanks 

We are intended to enter into a relationship with the Lord God Almighty, @Open7. A living, dynamic relationship testified in the scriptures themselves. Those scriptures testify of Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God, in whom we are drawn and by whom we are given life.  Those who inquire of the Lord will surely find Him, for He is pleased to reveal Himself to those who seek Him. 

The power and grace of God aren't merely recorded in the written word, my friend. The Lord is both here and now as He always has been and always will be; as the apostle wrote, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever." (Hebrews 13:8). 

I bear witness to this truth. It's one thing to read about the temple made without hands but something else entirely to witness the temple of the living God for yourself. This was God's gift when He called me out of this world, the beginning of revelation that will never end until my time is finished and I join Him in fullness. I beheld saints living in unity and so my Lord Jesus Christ revealed His temple made without hands to me, His chosen place of rest upon this earth. The Lord raised the temple Himself. 

As the scriptures affirm, the Spirit of the Lord teaches us and leads us into Truth, so it's abundantly clear that excessive detail wasn't needful in these scriptures which were written to man and for man.

So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the LORD. (Deuteronomy 8:3 NKJV)

Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry. Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.”

But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’ ”
(Matthew 4:1-4 NKJV)

Every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. We listen for His voice and know Him, for His sheep know His voice. :) 

Edited by Marathoner
clarity
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Movies and t.v programs are designed to be entertaining and hold our attention. Not show us the real truth. The real truth is Christ and that we are in dire need of being born again, through him.

God is not hiding or keeping anything from us in the way of knowledge. God is infinite and from above. We humans are creation, with finite earthly minds, that is unable to take in all the vast knowledge God has. Wanting to know more than what has been shown us is not new; Satan used the same curiosity of “more details” to tempt Eve.

First Satan instilled doubt about what God did say, then insinuated that God was hiding knowledge from her. People in general speaking today think the same way. Then they begin to doubt God's goodness and what He has planned for us. Followed by not trusting Him, leading them further and further away from God.

Most often, more details lead us away from the original lesson God wants us to learn. Just think about the stories in this program that is being watched, do they lead viewers to the knowledge of needing a savior and about Jesus dying on the cross for us and how we get into right standing with God? This is the most important thing we need to know.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 6/30/2021 at 1:39 PM, Open7 said:

Thanks 

The Bible is not a soap opera / episodic.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Events in the lives of people in the Bible were only portions of their lives.

It is the amalgamation of these events and history that make up the revelation

that is the word of God.

What difference does it make what brand of facial tissue they used to blow their

noses?

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Why Does The Bible Not Fill In Certain Details?

The Holy Scripture teach us only what is important for our salvation. 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Through scripture we find all the information we need to live out the destiny God has set before each  of us.

It is implausible that any book, or computer, or any kind of information-carrying resource, could hold all the "details" of every permutation of reality. Any finite resource would necessarily contain holes.

The grace of our salvation operates through faith. That means trusting God, even when we do not have all the "details". If we had a resource that delivered us all the answers, we would not need to trust God - i.e. we would not need to lean on God in faith. We would make decisions based on knowledge rather than faith (therefore no salvation).

Often God is more concerned with our behaviour than He is with us being right. Therefore, He has left room for respectful disagreement between Christians on some issues - thereby giving us the opportunity to practice maintaining a Godly attitude and perspective while in fellowship with those who might disagree with us on certain topics.

God wants to fellowship with us. Part of that fellowship involves God personally revealing things to us through His Word while we fellowship with Him. Therefore some details remain mysteries until God decides to show us.