yomotalking

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

No, the question is not that the verse is there, the question is the timing of when it will happen. I for one think that we will be here during the time of the so called antichrist and face the decision of taking the mark or not.... I just think that the verse you are talking about here happens after that and before the wrath of God that is pored out on the core evil at the very end.

I'm really prepared to go....... are you prepared to stay? I am and am at peace with it whichever way it goes.....

se

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  477
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I'm really prepared to go.......are you prepared to stay?    I am and am at peace with it whichever way it goes.....

se

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, the only thing that I can say here is if you want to stick around for the Tribulation, go for it mate- but as for me ? I won't be here- I'm going to meet my Jesus in the air as Paul stated we would. I simply don't see any Biblical proof that states a post-trib rapture, rather the former- a pre-trib rapture is very Biblical :taped:

God bless you my friend,

Tim

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

It does seem to me that there is more biblical support for a return of Christ after the tribulation periods which are spoken of in various parts of scripture. However I can see a case being made based on Revelation for a rapture prior to a tribulation.

The thing to keep in mind is that there has been on-going persecution of Christians for 2000 years, it may not seem that way in the US as we have it easy, we are soft. But people in other parts of the world are and have been dying because they claim Christ. Tries saying you are a believer in Saudi Arabia for example if you are an Arab, the penalty is death. I know that does not fulfill the horrible tribulation prophesies in Revelation, but I think it should be kept in mind that the Christian community does not only exist in the US in fact most Christians in the world do not live in the US.

There are numerous passages directly from Christ speaking of how much we will suffer for His sake, and how blessed we would be to have that opportunity. We need to get eyes for our real home, and not be so caught up in this temporary place, at least I know I do, it is a constant struggle for me to keep that in mind.

But I would like to see some biblical support for rapture followed by a tribulation followed by millennial Kingdom, etc.

To me this issue is not worth division among Christians. Either way we go to Christ, Christ Himself said no one would know the date or time. I get slightly annoyed by the cottage industry, which Christian prophesies has become in the US.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

There should be no question as to if there is going to be a harpazo, rather the only thing for discussion should be when the harpazo will be.

Well, you might also want to be sure what the harpazo will be. Does Paul mean we will be physically lifted off the surface of the earth? Or will our souls leave our bodies? Or is this more of a spiritual description of the sheer joy we will experience when our King returns?

The second question is what direction do we all head in next - down to earth or off to heaven?

The reason Paul is writing is to reassure the Thessalonians. They are worried that Christians who die before the second coming will somehow miss out. Paul's main point in writing is to let them know that no-one will miss the return of Christ - living or dead.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/18/1956

I'm really prepared to go.......are you prepared to stay?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

So there is not going to be a rapture?

So how is Christ going to come, then?

Don't bite my head off...please....:noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

If there is such a thing, what good would it do post trib.? Believe me, when the 666 S.S. guys put your childs head in a guiloteen, there is a very good chance that you or I will rationalize taking the dreaded "mark". Don't fool yourself into thinking that your faith is so big that you can overcome something like this. Of course I believe the whole 7 year anti-Christ thing is a bunch of hewy designed to sell books. no one really knows and those who claim to know, know less. Still it makes for a good fiction novel.

Dan

Edited by dgolvach

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Guillotine eh?.... Some thought!.... You could be right, Dan.........I hope they sterilize the blade though. :noidea:.... :24::24:

e

Guillotine eh?.... Some thought!.... You could be right, Dan.........I hope they sterilize the blade though. :noidea:.... :24:  :24:

e

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I hope they just keep it sharp...... quick clean and easy...... well quick and easy anyway.

If there is such a thing, what good would it do post trib.? Believe me, when the 666 S.S. guys put your childs head in a guiloteen, there is a very good chance that you or I will rationalize taking the dreaded "mark". Don't fool yourself into thinking that your faith is so big that you can overcome something like this. Of course I believe the whole 7 year anti-Christ thing is a bunch of hewy designed to sell books. no one really knows and those who claim to know,  know less. Still it makes for a good fiction novel.

Dan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not being able to buy and sell will leave many and maybe even most to simply starve......